Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG
    There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

it is $50 per game, correct?
    If not, then it should be.

Don't get me wrong, I get the sentiment, but it's not.

We've worked out agreements with all the large groups to stay, so it's really just a collector thing. Most collectors that bring a bunch are from closer. All of the new games are required to stay until 5pm.

If people pay $50, pull 8 games at 11am and then hang out at the show the rest of the day using the comped wristbands, I'll definitely relook at it. I don't think anyone will be doing that though.

#202 5 years ago

Are tickets the same price at the show as they are pre-order? Going to be a last minute decision for me this year, unfortunately.

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Are tickets the same price at the show as they are pre-order? Going to be a last minute decision for me this year, unfortunately.

Friday and VIG will sell out, any time now for both (two VIG left, 6 Friday it looks like). The rest will be available at the door, but they don't start selling until 10am, so it's usually lines to get in for a while. Pre-sale starts getting wristbands at 9am and we can usually keep those lines low.

Oh yeah, and to go much faster in line, cash is preferred. Credit still works, but does take longer.

#204 5 years ago

Do I need to present any information (print a ticket or something) to get the game bringer two-day pass or is that automatic when I bring in the game?

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Do I need to present any information (print a ticket or something) to get the game bringer two-day pass or is that automatic when I bring in the game?

When you show up with the game, someone will check you in and give you your wristbands for Saturday, Sunday and the after party.

They also give you a card for your game, so no one else can leave with it. Don't lose it.

#206 5 years ago

Just added Butch Patrick to the list of guests! Thanks to Marco Specialties for the huge assist, and the TPF for being so awesome that he wanted to go to more pinball-centric shows

IMG_9101 (resized).JPGIMG_9101 (resized).JPG
    #207 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Friday and VIG will sell out, any time now for both (two VIG left, 6 Friday it looks like). The rest will be available at the door, but they don't start selling until 10am, so it's usually lines to get in for a while. Pre-sale starts getting wristbands at 9am and we can usually keep those lines low.
    Oh yeah, and to go much faster in line, cash is preferred. Credit still works, but does take longer.

It'll be Saturday only for me, but that's good info. Thanks!

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

When you show up with the game, someone will check you in and give you your wristbands for Saturday, Sunday and the after party.
    They also give you a card for your game, so no one else can leave with it. Don't lose it.

any lost games will go home with me since I am generally last or second to last to leave.

#209 5 years ago

See you all at the show, flying in from Dallas after having to skip TPF due to a scheduling conflict. If you see me, say hello.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Dan, I'm looking at a 6 hour drive home. What's a fair time to load up my machine Sunday?

Dan answered the basic question above and that refers to games you bring with you.

If you're referring to the show special new games thru distribution, those are required to stay up and playable until the end off show at 5pm on Sunday. No exceptions or you forfeit the discount.

The dock fee would also apply.

Jaz

#211 5 years ago

When do we get info on when to arrive to setup our Marco purchased games? On Sunday we aren’t attending the show, what time are we allowed in so as to break down and haul away the purchased game?

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

any lost games will go home with me since I am generally last or second to last to leave.

If there are lost or abandoned games at the end I can run down Sunday night and help.

If your trailer is full I'll bring my van.

#213 5 years ago

Is there a good place for breakfast? I’m staying at the Hilton. I think I missed this last year and appreciated it at the Sheraton.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

When do we get info on when to arrive to setup our Marco purchased games? On Sunday we aren’t attending the show, what time are we allowed in so as to break down and haul away the purchased game?

5pm to teardown. Not sure on setup but will find out

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

5pm to teardown. Not sure on setup but will find out

Ok so they’ll let us in at 5pm got it. Have a game of thrones party to get to lol!

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I seem to remember your truck not fitting everything, and a certain tractor that makes train sounds making the ride home with me last year

Quoted from huo:

Is there a good place for breakfast? I’m staying at the Hilton. I think I missed this last year and appreciated it at the Sheraton.

About a block away from the Hilton is a place called Built a Breakfast Build a Burger. It sounds generic and weird, but is one of my absolute favorite places in town to eat. They've got some great breakfast stuff, and their moz sticks are one of my favorite things too. Honestly, nearly everything they have, I love.

#217 5 years ago

Maybe that’s what I need to do, find and pay someone coming my way from the show to drop my game off on their way lol. The game of thrones party we are throwing has my whole schedule off! :p

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Just added Butch Patrick to the list of guests! Thanks to Marco Specialties for the huge assist, and the TPF for being so awesome that he wanted to go to more pinball-centric shows
    [quoted image]

Just curious, will he be signing items?

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

He did at tpf for a fee. I don’t think it was much tho

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Just wondering if they will let you bring in a LE backglass to have him sign it.

Of course transporting it safely is another issue.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Yup!

Quoted from tilted81:

We don't do fees at MGC. However, as I always say, the amount of time may be limited.

#222 5 years ago

Well, crap and a half. At least the snow should be done in time for the show this year, and the drive home should be fine. But Damn I really didn’t want to spend Thursday all day driving in a snowstorm on the interstate.

I may want to start looking at alternate routes.

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Well, crap and a half. At least the snow should be done in time for the show this year, and the drive home should be fine. But Damn I really didn’t want to spend Thursday all day driving in a snowstorm on the interstate.

I heard the snow is traveling through the Midwest on Wednesday? also for people coming in from madison 94 east bound heads up the Kilbourn tunnel will be closed. you will have to get off at the Jackson exit or McKinley

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I heard the snow is traveling through the Midwest on Wednesday? also for people coming in from madison 94 east bound heads up the Kilbourn tunnel will be closed. you will have to get off at the Jackson exit or McKinley

Thanks for the heads up

#225 5 years ago

is this not the correct route?

I dont know what "kilbourn tunnel" means as it does not show up on google map

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #226 5 years ago

Yeah, they're using the 'B' word for my area on Wednesday into Thursday, though at the moment it seems if I can get an hour or two into Minnesota things will change to rain. Too early to know for sure tough, NWS has a lot of uncertainty on timing and track so far.

-Hans

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know what "kilbourn tunnel" means as it does not show up on google map[quoted image]

That is the kilbourne tunnel. It exits off the freeway through a tunnel to kilbourne Avenue.

#228 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ok so they’ll let us in at 5pm got it. Have a game of thrones party to get to lol!

Well...since you are bringing (buying) a game, you will have weekend wristbands, so technically you can "get in" any time. You just can't break down and remove the game until 5pm.

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know what "kilbourn tunnel" means as it does not show up on google map[quoted image]

If a route is closed to all traffic, Google maps should reroute you to get to your destination.

#230 5 years ago

Whysnow, that route does take you through the tunnel. Heading north on '94, about halfway up it goes into the tunnel and makes a turn to the east while still underground. So, yeah, looks like we're going to need a different route.

-Hans

#231 5 years ago

sounds like it closes sometime today?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2019/03/29/milwaukee-traffic-kilbourn-ave-tunnel-close-repairs-april/3315106002/

Anyone familiar able to draw out the correct/easiest reroute?

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/2019/03/29/milwaukee-traffic-kilbourn-ave-tunnel-close-repairs-april/3315106002/

It's a bit confusing to draw, given how dense that area is - but if you go straight like you're going to 794, pass the 43 North you would take, pass the 43/94 south, then there's an exit on the right for St Paul/James lovell that you can take and hook under the freeway to come out on 'james lovell' which is basically 7th street : Edit - don't think you can go St Paul to 6th, my bad.

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a bit confusing to draw, given how dense that area is - but if you go straight like you're going to 794, pass the 43 North you would take, pass the 43/94 south, then there's an exit on the right for St Paul/James lovell that you can take and hook under the freeway to come out on 'james lovell' which is basically 7th street, or take it st paul and go down to 6th street and turn left.

Yup, if you map to the Hilton instead of the Wisconsin Center, it will show you this.

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Well...since you are bringing (buying) a game, you will have weekend wristbands, so technically you can "get in" any time. You just can't break down and remove the game until 5pm.

My brother will not though. And actually I am not taking the free tickets so I wouldn't either.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Just go up one more exit to Fond Du Lac/McKinley Ave.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
    #235 5 years ago

Whysnow The article states "The Kilbourn Avenue tunnel exiting I-43 will be fully closed June through October." It is only closing tomorrow for getting back on. So your route is OK to arrive at MGC, but you'll have to find a different ramp to get back onto the interstate. I usually rely on google maps, they are usually up to date.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from PTHermes:

whysnow The article states "The Kilbourn Avenue tunnel exiting I-43 will be fully closed June through October." It is only closing tomorrow for getting back on. So your route is OK to arrive at MGC, but you'll have to find a different ramp to get back onto the interstate. I usually rely on google maps, they are usually up to date.

Ah ok so it's just closed for ON ramp. But off ramp still open.

#237 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yes, and please remember the way that goes is that the game has to be broken down and ready to go before you come back up for it.

I really, truly do believe that pick up times should go quickly this year - I've spent more time meeting and discussiing the plan than just about anything else - but please understand if there is a slight delay at the beginning. We'll do (and are already doing) everything we can to make it as short as possible.

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Yikes - be careful and watch the forecast closely.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/blockbuster-blizzard-may-impact-same-areas-hit-by-bomb-cyclone/ar-BBVITL7?li=BBnb7Kz

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yes, and please remember the way that goes is that the game has to be broken down and ready to go before you come back up for it.
    I really, truly do believe that pick up times should go quickly this year - I've spent more time meeting and discussiing the plan than just about anything else - but please understand if there is a slight delay at the beginning. We'll do (and are already doing) everything we can to make it as short as possible.

Ahh...yeah brain fade there. I was only thinking letting the person in...not the vehicle. Also didn't consider the fact that some people might not take the weekend pass. Freaking Monday morning...

#240 5 years ago

Will anyone have standard new PF glass for sale?

I could use 3-4 new sheets.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That IS the correct route. The Kilbourn tunnel to get ONTO the northbound freeway closes today. The Kilbourn tunnel to EXIT the northbound freeway to Kilbourn is open until June.

So no impact getting to MGC, possible impact to leaving MGC to those going north...

Jaz

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Not sure if he will be at MGC
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77555

Otherwise, hit up Hellenbrand glass in Waunakee. They have standard size for $18 and widebody for not much more. I've used them for all of my machines that needed new glass. Also, Stars could probably use a new sheet.

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You area few days late...I just ran down to PBL to get some glass and other goodies. Terry did mention coming to MGC on Saturday.

#244 5 years ago

Long shot I know, but if anyone has an extra Tom Taylor and/or Preview ticket for Friday night please contact me. My crazy work schedule has changed.

Frank

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

[quoted image]

That's cool! I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Jeremy

#246 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Terry did mention coming to MGC on Saturday

Just to participate, not to vend/deliver things.

#247 5 years ago

Just a thought. Having cement floor and tempered glass. Would it be possibile for a local to bring a spare old scratched up glass just in case someone losses a sheet. That way the game can remain on the floor all weekend. Without a vender that makes me nervous.

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Participate

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Just a thought. Having cement floor and tempered glass. Would it be possibile for a local to bring a spare old scratched up glass just in case someone losses a sheet. That way the game can remain on the floor all weekend. Without a vender that makes me nervous.

That's not a bad idea. I have some extra sheets I could throw in the van and have available if something happens.

#250 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Bummer ... I would have bought some stuff from Pinball Life if they had something arranged for free pickup at the show. I'll have to see what time they open on Friday morning and maybe make a detour on the way to the Tom's shindig.

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.