Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG
    There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He sent me a text last night and said he has bad news and good news about the hotel room. He said it only has a king size bed. I said, what's the bad news?

In a day and age when "Lol" gets thrown around waaaay to easily, this actually made me Laugh Out Loud! Just glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it.

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

In a day and age when "Lol" gets thrown around waaaay to easily, this actually made me Laugh Out Loud! Just glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it.

in this situation, its Bryan that has a mouth full

#153 5 years ago

We will be at this show for the first time to see how it goes. Everyone says our stuff looks better in person, please come and take a look, we have:

Plasma Pop Bumpers
    Lighted Speaker Panels (most generation 3, which will be the final generation) for WPC, WPC95, Stern wood and Stern Metal
    Pinspot Graphics
    Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers
    Lighted Shooter Covers
    and a few other things.

We will be on the Pinball level.

Thanks
    Dan and Chuck Norris

tpf 2019 (resized).jpgtpf 2019 (resized).jpg
    #154 5 years ago

Holy crap... Chuck Norris will be at MGC.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We will be at this show for the first time to see how it goes. Everyone says our stuff looks better in person, please come and take a look, we have:
    Plasma Pop Bumpers
    Lighted Speaker Panels (most generation 3, which will be the final generation) for WPC, WPC95, Stern wood and Stern Metal
    Pinspot Graphics
    Lighted Shooter Covers
    and a few other things.
    Thanks
    Dan and Chuck Norris
    [quoted image]

Last year there wasn't many pinball mods/accessories related vendors there ... only a few that weren't just selling pinball machines and parts. (We love those too.) Glad to see more will be there this year and we will definitely check out your booth as we haven't seen most of your stuff in person. Hopefully more pinball related vendors join in this year.

#156 5 years ago

Just got an email from Marco Spec stating that BK3 Pros and Premiums will be at the Marco Booth. Looking forward to checking them out!

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Just got an email from Marco Spec stating that BK3 Pros and Premiums will be at the Marco Booth. Looking forward to checking them out!

yup!

Madison Pinball will be buying/bringing a BK3000 for everyone to check out.

We are also hosting an official launch party on Sunday May 5th back in Madison

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

A man’s frunk is his own business.

I got junk in my frunk.

#159 5 years ago

Okay, serious question. Is anyone from the Lexington area coming up? And if so, would you have space to bring something?

#160 5 years ago

Just emailed Keith so he can officially put my Black Knight onto the list of machines I'm bringing.

Dan, and others, With all the hoopla going on feel free to place/use it wherever is felt to be appropriate.

-Hans

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I got junk in my frunk.

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk ? All that junk up in your frunk .

#162 5 years ago

Plasma Pop Bumpers
    Pinspot Graphics
    Lighted Shooter Covers
    and a few other things.
    Thanks
    Dan and Chuck Norris
    [quoted image]

Glad to see a pinball vendor attending! Would love to see more. Can't wait to check your stuff out.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk ? All that junk up in your frunk .

And now that fergie song is in my head.

#164 5 years ago

Huh.... From Dan's latest email:

VIG is also almost sold out! You get EVERYTHING: VIG Exclusive shirt, NES Bovinium Quest, and more swag along with tickets to Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the After Party!

After Party... VIG... where's a Pitchfork?

#165 5 years ago

I let a used pinball parts vendor have our second table for parts sales. Trying to get more parts sales at mgc any way I can.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Huh.... From Dan's latest email:
    VIG is also almost sold out! You get EVERYTHING: VIG Exclusive shirt, NES Bovinium Quest, and more swag along with tickets to Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and the After Party!
    After Party... VIG... where's a Pitchfork?

Different after party. No pitchforks needed.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Different after party.

Different how?

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Different how?

If I am understanding your concern correctly, you are worried VIG gets into the game bringer after party. They do not. They get into the "Official MGC / Overdrive Reality After Party" which is held in the Hilton ballroom. This was just started last year.

If I misinterpreted your pitchfork comment, I apologize.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Holy crap... Chuck Norris will be at MGC.

It was great at TPF last year, I got a picture of The Hulk and Chuck Norris. To cut down on the confusion:

bus card (resized).jpgbus card (resized).jpg
    #170 5 years ago

It was great at TPF last year, I got a picture of The Hulk and Chuck Norris. To cut down on the confusion:
    [quoted image]

Oh... They other Chuck Norris. So your tears cannot cure cancer?

Glad you're coming

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

If I am understanding your concern correctly, you are worried VIG gets into the game bringer after party. They do not. They get into the "Official MGC / Overdrive Reality After Party" which is held in the Hilton ballroom. This was just started last year.
    If I misinterpreted your pitchfork comment, I apologize.

Pitchfork put away.

Thanks for the clarification.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Pitchfork put away.
    Thanks for the clarification.

KILL THE BEAST

#173 5 years ago

By Any chance anyone not going and cancelling of their rooms - I am looking for a room for the weekend and need help - Last minute decision for me - But I am going.

Any help on where I can get a room -- Thank in advance

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

By Any chance anyone not going and cancelling of their rooms - I am looking for a room for the weekend and need help - Last minute decision for me - But I am going.

If all the rooms in the mgc block are gone, try calling the hotels directly on the phone..

If that fails, there are other hotels just a few blocks away

#175 5 years ago

I got a room at the Hilton booked a few days ago but not at the MGC special. They have rooms just not the MGC price block.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

Lots of hotels in the area, my MGC room last year hella sucked. The windows were bolted shut and the air conditioning didn't do anything.

Look for something within half mile or so and you'll find better options.

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Lots of hotels in the area, my MGC room last year hella sucked. The windows were bolted shut and the air conditioning didn't do anything.
    Look for something within half mile or so and you'll find better options.

It was snowing why would you need the A/C

#178 5 years ago

hotwire com works if you don't mind ubering a little

#179 5 years ago

This year you might need the a/c & just deal with the rain.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

It was snowing why would you need the A/C

Hi, my name is Rob, and I've used the AC in every hotel room I've ever stayed in no matter what part of the country or time of year.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Hi, my name is Rob, and I've used the AC in every hotel room I've ever stayed in no matter what part of the country or time of year.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

not only uses the airco system, but has back up brought up to make sure stalagmites are forming on his ceiling!

#182 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Can I get a picture with the other chuck Norris giving the thumbs up?

On a different note. Dan you guys have done a stellar job promoting this year. Last year not many podcasts etc were talking about the show. And the non spooky ones didn’t get details right. This year I have heard alotnof chatter and rumors. See all you guys in a few days.

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

not only uses the airco system, but has back up brought up to make sure stalagmites are forming on his ceiling!

The science nerd in me says those would technically be stalactites.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

so true, when he stays at my house, he freezes me out

#185 5 years ago

I’m taking part in the Marco/Stern offer. Anybody know what time I need to be there by to unbox and setup the machine myself?

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

TruDat!

Quoted from f3honda4me:

The science nerd in me says those would technically be stalactites.

TruDat x2!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#187 5 years ago

Dan, I'm looking at a 6 hour drive home. What's a fair time to load up my machine Sunday?

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from ACcookDC:

I’m taking part in the Marco/Stern offer. Anybody know what time I need to be there by to unbox and setup the machine myself?

I’m wondering myself. I think an email is supposed to be sent out? Hopefully soon, less than 6 days away lol.

#189 5 years ago

I sent an email to Marco but not expecting a response over the weekend.

#190 5 years ago

You're weird...

(And your little dog too!...)

Quoted from Borygard:

TruDat!

TruDat x2!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

On a different note. Dan you guys have done a stellar job promoting this year. Last year not many podcasts etc were talking about the show. And the non spooky ones didn’t get details right. This year I have heard alotnof chatter and rumors. See all you guys in a few days.

Thanks! One never knows! I think last year was actually the reason people are talking more. Everyone kept claiming we weren't really a pinball show (since we aren't JUST a pinball show), and I think last year some companies realized that might be a positive. Here's hoping to a great year! We've been busting our asses to make it happen!

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Dan, I'm looking at a 6 hour drive home. What's a fair time to load up my machine Sunday?

There is a dock free until 3.30pm of $50 to remove before then, as we have to pay a lot to open the dock for people so we are passing that on this year (last year, we would have been in the clear had we not opened the docks to anyone on Sunday early, although if we are under the same circumstances we probably would again). If you can leave it until then, we'd super appreciate it. It also makes Sunday a lot less crazy to run.

We think we have solved or nearly solved particularly the arcade hall load out issues and expect to get people out quickly. I promise, we'll do out best!

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

Can I get a picture with the other chuck Norris giving the thumbs up?

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, it means a lot to us. We have been working hard to have unique mods, trying not to copy any one else. We are so very proud of our lighted speaker panels now. Last year, they worked but not nearly as good as we felt we could make them, and we are finally at the point we feel they are gorgeous. We are making a good push to do videos and update the website. We did so many sales at TPF, that our team will still be shipping orders from TPF while we are going to be at Midwest Gaming Classic a good problem for us to have.

We tried to do lighted shooter covers 2 years ago, but never could get those right, but now we have finally figured out those. Plasma Pop Bumpers is Chuck's baby. They looked great before, but the detail work we do on those is much better then a year ago to.

Here is a picture of "The Other Chuck Norris" from this years TPF, He is a great guy, he has the gift of gab and is a real pleasure to talk with. Very hard working and very loyal, I am lucky to have him on our team!

chuck norris tpf (resized).jpgchuck norris tpf (resized).jpg
    #194 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

There is a dock free until 3.30pm of $50 to remove before then, as we have to pay a lot to open the dock for people so we are passing that on this year (last year, we would have been in the clear had we not opened the docks to anyone on Sunday early, although if we are under the same circumstances we probably would again). If you can leave it until then, we'd super appreciate it. It also makes Sunday a lot less crazy to run.
    We think we have solved or nearly solved particularly the arcade hall load out issues and expect to get people out quickly. I promise, we'll do out best!

Does this mean for $50 I could skate at 2?

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Does this mean for $50 I could skate at 2?

Yup!

#196 5 years ago

Wow. 2 brand new games to play during preview night that I never played? I'm glad I bought my preview ticket. there can't be many left. goatdan your going to have to turn the power off on me. (again)

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

$50 to remove before then

it is $50 per game, correct?

If not, then it should be.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

You're weird...
    (And your little dog too!...)

TruDat x3!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Wow. 2 brand new games to play during preview night that I never played? I'm glad I bought my preview ticket. there can't be many left. goatdan your going to have to turn the power off on me. (again)

Sales on this is a funny thing, as it seems to ebb and flow with no meaning, and completely different than our regular tickets which are following their usual trajectory but slightly increased over last year lately.

Last I checked which was last night, I think it was 9 tickets remain. That'll either last until we close ticket sales (three days ago, we sold two of them all day), or it will be gone any moment (two days ago, we sold 12 in a day).

#200 5 years ago

And Friday preview tickets are very limited correct? The goal being that you have more games than Friday tickets basically?

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.