Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG
    There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
    #551 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Translation: This was all the time the wife allowed me to have to myself!

Cool man, looks like you've successfully trolled me in every thread now. I tried to ignore you but it looks like you won't quit until you get some sort or rise out of me. Glad I didn't sell you my pin now, your personality hasn't changed a bit. Not really sure why you're holding a grudge when by skipping buying my pin you ended up getting your dream pin of apollo13. Get over it man.

#552 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Cool man, looks like you've successfully trolled me in every thread now. I tried to ignore you but it looks like you won't quit until you get some sort or rise out of me. Glad I didn't sell you my pin now, your personality hasn't changed a bit. Not really sure why you're holding a grudge when by skipping buying my pin you ended up getting your dream pin of apollo13. Get over it man.

Dude, it was a joke. R-E-L-A-X.

#553 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

If I ever told a fellow Pinsider that I couldn't sell a machine because my wife wouldn't let me, I would expect to get ripped apart. My wife will NEVER have any say at all when it comes to my one and only hobby. Ever.

#554 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

If I ever told a fellow Pinsider that I couldn't sell a machine because my wife wouldn't let me, I would expect to get ripped apart. My wife will NEVER have any say at all when it comes to my one and only hobby. Ever.

Not everyone here is in the hobby and excluding their family from it. So I don’t know why you’d “expect to get ripped apart”...

#555 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cool, glad that works for you. My wife likes pinball too, something many wives don't in this hobby.. So I support her decision to change her mind. I'm not the first person to change their mind about selling a pin. It would be different if I sold it to someone else after telling you it was yours to buy.

#556 5 years ago

This is the MGC thread. Take it to PM pls

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #557 5 years ago

A nice corner. Thanks to whomever brought them.

20190413_185421 (resized).jpg20190413_185421 (resized).jpg
    #558 5 years ago

After party fun times getting ready

64AB3CB8-EA19-47FC-9794-04D289894A25 (resized).jpeg64AB3CB8-EA19-47FC-9794-04D289894A25 (resized).jpeg
    #559 5 years ago

Won the first Golden Ticket at MGC!

FB_IMG_1555205399767 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1555205399767 (resized).jpg
    #560 5 years ago

This is sounding like an awesome MGC! Wish I could have been there this year.

#561 5 years ago

Where were the alternative beer options being served? The only thing I saw was blue moon and cider in the main food court area across from Ian’s pizza.

I thought the event was run excellent today. Minimal lines on everything.

Whoever got Eric Bischoff to come to the event, great idea. My wife who has zero interest in pro wrestling was fascinated by his interview and the details he gave with regards to the business side of WCW in the 90s. He was also very nice and personable during his meet and greet autograph session.

#562 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Barf. Dominos.

#563 5 years ago

Man, one day down, one to go. What a show! Keeps growing and getting better! Thank you to all those that make it happen. So proud of our home show.

09341B9B-CA0C-400D-AA6F-1BAC0153912D (resized).jpeg09341B9B-CA0C-400D-AA6F-1BAC0153912D (resized).jpeg
    #564 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Cuz nothing says "PARTYYYYY!!!!" like a bunch of facial haired fat dudes in New Balance shoes all standing around eating Domino's pizza!

#565 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Man, one day down, one to go. What a show! Keeps growing and getting better! Thank you to all those that make it happen. So proud of our home show.
    [quoted image]

It's no Expo.

#567 5 years ago
    Quoted from JHS71:

A nice corner. Thanks to whomever brought them.
    [quoted image]

I think it was brenna98 IIRC, at least for the two Sterns.

Very nice playing games for sure.

#568 5 years ago

I cant stop watching the intro to the wonka vid on youtube that SDTM did... The music is awesome!

#569 5 years ago

Anybody know when the best in show awards will be announced? Trying to make sure I can get video footage for a few people not attending.

#570 5 years ago

No expo. Seriously!
    Expo - a few new stern’s to play, half the free play area with games turned off, a few cgc games

Your right, it’s no expo. It’s 10x better.

#571 5 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

No expo. Seriously!
    Expo - a few new stern’s to play, half the free play area with games turned off, a few cgc games
    Your right, it’s no expo. It’s 10x better.

Appleton, WI

Imagine that.

#572 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Cuz nothing says "PARTYYYYY!!!!" like a bunch of facial haired fat dudes in New Balance shoes all standing around eating Domino's pizza!

Nothing says "PARTYYYYY" like shitposting on Pinside at 10 PM on a Saturday night and then waking up the next morning after such a bender to do more of the same.

#573 5 years ago

Went to the wonka reveal, played wonk, oktoberfest and bksor.

After playing them all a bunch, I actually bought the bksor. Best of the bunch imo, but hopefully everyone got what they were looking for!

#574 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yokimato:

After playing them all a bunch, I actually bought the bksor. Best of the bunch imo, but hopefully everyone got what they were looking for!

Opposite for me, I bought WonkaLE. Pass on BKSoR and OKT. Was fun playing a lot of stuff. I also bought an MBr off Chris from Kingpin.

#575 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yokimato:

Which version did you decide to pickup? Pro/Pre/LE?

and gratz

#576 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Which version did you decide to pickup? Pro/Pre/LE?
    and gratz

Thanks! Pro; price was hard to complain about and the upper pf, while cool, still blocked a lot of the lower stuff, even though the floor was see through.

#577 5 years ago

Are there any show posters available? Could someone grab me one, if there is?

#578 5 years ago

That's a good thing. Expo ain't what it used to be. This is much better.

#579 5 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Nothing says "PARTYYYYY" like shitposting on Pinside at 10 PM on a Saturday night and then waking up the next morning after such a bender to do more of the same.

Dirtbags been moderated 23 times and trolls in almost every thread he appears. Since there is apparently nothing that can be done about it I suggest just ignoring him.

#580 5 years ago

To the organizers of MGC - Bravo! It's amazing to see how this show has grown year to year. Thanks for bringing the entire gaming community together.

#581 5 years ago

Sooooo much pinball! I agree that MGC in it's new location is far superior to Expo. Great show. Attendance is highly recommended, especially the after party if you want to play pinball.

I did not count and so I don't know if the used carry-in section was smaller this year (still a ton of great games) or just seemed like fewer games since it was dwarfed by the gigantic vendor area. The only After Party pic I took, since I was too busy playingThe only After Party pic I took, since I was too busy playing

It was nice to have all the parts and mod vendors in the hall. They had a bunch of interesting stuff for sale.

My unsolicited opinion of the new(er) games: (yes, I am dead inside)

1. Wonka: Solid game. Looks great, fun to play. Didn't really understand the toys in my limited exposure.
    2. BK:SoR: Did nothing for me on any model. I'm a geek; the theme is right in my wheelhouse and I just didn't like the layout or the art. I haven't been as bored by an upper playfield since GoT. Kind of a No Fear vibe to it. YMMV and my opinion is often wrong.
    3. Munsters: Never liked the show, but I thought the art looked great. Standard modern stern. Fun, but forgettable. Mini-playfield is a waste of time.
    4. Oktoberfet: I had more fun playing the mini-playfield on Munsters than this entire game. Maybe it was just the specific pin that I was on with the back legs as flat as the front, but it was slow and floaty like Hobbit(an achievement for a standard sized game). By the end, I was almost trying to let the ball drain, but it wouldn't -so slow I couldn't miss and you need to watch the ball to avoid seeing the art- Just make it stop.
    5. CGC: Not really new, but I thought their stuff was the best in the vendor area. I think I need to buy an MMr. (Please start making them again)

Great show, worth the trip.

#582 5 years ago

Thanks for the bourbon dude!!

20190414_003310 (resized).jpg20190414_003310 (resized).jpg
    #583 5 years ago

Another awesome show, but man do those concrete floors wear on you after a while.

#584 5 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

but man do those concrete floors wear on you after a while.

No kidding...my feet were killing me when I got home last night.

#585 5 years ago
    582B87D4-ACA8-4C28-8387-E215A33AF266 (resized).jpeg582B87D4-ACA8-4C28-8387-E215A33AF266 (resized).jpeg
    #586 5 years ago

Coming back at 4:30 today to bring home my pins. Hopefully it’s not too crazy trying to get out! I hope Kingpin and Marco got the game cards from MGC staff or whatever to give to buyers so we have proof the game is ours. As of yesterday they said they didn’t have them yet. Could potentially be a mess trying to get those so late and cause delays getting out of the show.

#587 5 years ago

Any pinball flyers available? I would love to get a wonka and bksor flyer.

#588 5 years ago

Mario jumped too high

20190414_141521-1 (resized).jpg20190414_141521-1 (resized).jpg
    #589 5 years ago

Hope this snow stops

#590 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Sooooo much pinball! I agree that MGC in it's new location is far superior to Expo. Great show. Attendance is highly recommended, especially the after party if you want to play pinball.
    I did not count and so I don't know if the used carry-in section was smaller this year (still a ton of great games) or just seemed like fewer games since it was dwarfed by the gigantic vendor area.
    Great show, worth the trip.

I thought the same, less games brought this year, but I counted 110 machines. I did not include the color dmd’s in this count. About 10 machines were pure crap or did not work right at all and qualified for the “I just brought this game to get free admission and into the after party”.

After looking at a video and a few pic’s I took last year, the count was about the same. Maybe closer to 125 last year.

#591 5 years ago

Been sitting in line to get loaded out for 30 minutes already. It's a giant cluster....

#592 5 years ago

How come body is complaining about the load out yet?

Dang refresh... Somebody beat me to it by a long shot.

#593 5 years ago

Snow stops by Cottage Grove. Madison is bone dry.

Interstate west wasn't horrible only two cars off road.

IMG_20190414_174329 (resized).jpgIMG_20190414_174329 (resized).jpg
    #594 5 years ago

What did Dan say last night about the bridal show loading out? Lots of bridal traffic from my view.

#595 5 years ago

Was the line for load-out supposed to be on 6th or wells? That intersection was a royal pain!

I agree with some of the previous comments, the quality and quantity of pins brought to the show was not as good as previous years.

#596 5 years ago

After a long drive home to reflect on the weekend, I gotta say that this show was definitely worth the trip and cost. For reference, I'm only comparing this show to Pincinnati and the Louisville Arcade Expo, two very good (and much closer!) shows that I've attended.

The crowd-funded games were a little light, and honestly many were not in great shape. Contrasting with the other shows are 80% or more community sourced, it seemed like there was less pride in the collections out in Milwaukee.

All of the NIB games from the vendors we're great. At first I was disappointed at all of the duplicates, but then when even at it's peak the lines for any game was 1 or 2 people, I realized that it's what made the show so great. I was able to put major time on anything I wanted with no problem. Being able to flip around on several examples and models of BKSR allowed me to get to know the game and determine what I liked best.

The VIG after party was really, really, really weird. I mean, really weird. I laughed so hard at just the spectacle of it all. Not at the people, but just how unbelievable things kept happening. Everyone just had such a good time.

I'll definitely be back next year!

#597 5 years ago

Ok....why haven’t ticket sales opened up yet for 2020??

#598 5 years ago

I cant wait for the rest of this weeks posts. Complaining about load out, the weather, what was wrong with everyone's personal games, parking, food, etc. I'm sure I'm missing a few. People will never be happy. MGC was awesome. I personally am excited to see the show continue to grow and receive the credit it deserves. To all of the the organizers and vendors who go big at this event, THANK YOU!

#599 5 years ago
    Quoted from Muskie82:

I cant wait for the rest of this weeks posts. Complaining about load out, the weather, what was wrong with everyone's personal games, parking, food, etc.

Dan’s fingers are tired just thinking about it.

#600 5 years ago

Anyone know where the tournament results are posted?

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/12?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.