Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
    #502 4 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the photos, make sure to get some of the homebrews as well

0412192035 (resized).jpg0412192035 (resized).jpg0412192035a (resized).jpg0412192035a (resized).jpg0412192041e (resized).jpg0412192041e (resized).jpg
    #504 4 years ago

thanks @litedpinballmods, ghost in the shell and undertale look cool

#505 4 years ago

Phatjay clan is onsite!!

4ED2AC95-1A62-4B8F-8465-F635C1BC8B07 (resized).jpeg4ED2AC95-1A62-4B8F-8465-F635C1BC8B07 (resized).jpeg
    #506 4 years ago

Do I win the award for breaking glass first? Sigh. The strap slipped off as I set it down and it rolled over backwards. Fun times.

IMG_20190412_204604 (resized).jpgIMG_20190412_204604 (resized).jpg
    #507 4 years ago

Holy shit! Did the Backglass break too?!

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Do I win the award for breaking glass first? Sigh. The strap slipped off as I set it down and it rolled over backwards. Fun times.
    [quoted image]

At least you're at a show where that glass should be readily available...

#509 4 years ago

Straps just slide off all the time dont they???

#510 4 years ago

Thankfully the back glass was ok and I had extra glass. I have enough machines that I keep extra of most stuff on hand. The bright side was that most of the glass ended up outside the machine and not inside. Only real damage was to the rails, other than that, just a few scratches. Glad it happened before I replaced the playfield and redid the cabinet, otherwise I'd be really upset.

#511 4 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

right across from my Jet Spin.

Love me some Jet spin!

#512 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

[quoted image]

Sadly... No.

Lost a play field glass and transliteration glass earlier today... Don't remember who... Two different guys.

Jaz

#513 4 years ago
    426D8D30-1103-4DAD-BCFB-9DBF1BB21634 (resized).jpeg426D8D30-1103-4DAD-BCFB-9DBF1BB21634 (resized).jpegA058CFFD-9CF4-4024-8ADB-715FF3E595E7 (resized).jpegA058CFFD-9CF4-4024-8ADB-715FF3E595E7 (resized).jpegDF6ACDF9-9D3C-48D6-AE76-A93A19555ADC (resized).jpegDF6ACDF9-9D3C-48D6-AE76-A93A19555ADC (resized).jpeg
    #514 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I wanna see some post show kicked out the bar pics.

Gavin and I are heading out now , we’ll see what happens.

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Computer systems down for a 1/2 hour and no backup plan. Loong line for those who already have tickets. I get that the event is staffed with volunteers, but someone with real operations chops needs to get involved at an event of this size.

It was ten minutes, and you actually have multiple professionals involves already. It was a full network outage. I'm sorry for your delay, and hope that the rest of the weekend can make up for it. Having said that, the place where these people work that entertains multiple thousands of people sometimes have the same issues.

#516 4 years ago

I was really just here to say that I miss some of the wacky photos from the Sheraton days...

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I was really just here to say that I miss some of the wacky photos from the Sheraton days...

Like these? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-unofficial-mgc-picture-thread

#519 4 years ago

We did not get kicked out of Stella’s

D8778C42-B782-477E-A3B3-DFD0E82F5DAA (resized).jpegD8778C42-B782-477E-A3B3-DFD0E82F5DAA (resized).jpeg
    #520 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

We did not get kicked out of Stella’s
    [quoted image]

Doug you can't get kick out of there. there no one in there

#521 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Sadly... No.
    Lost a play field glass and transliteration glass earlier today... Don't remember who... Two different guys.
    Jaz

Transliteration? Is that a thing?

#522 4 years ago

Hey guys, could use a favor. Leaving early to get here before the blizzard, I never had a chance to hit the bank and make change. So if you wander past my booth I sure could use some 5’s and 1’s, if anybody can break up some 20’s for me.

#523 4 years ago

Play Better!

20190412_174111 (resized).jpg20190412_174111 (resized).jpg
    #524 4 years ago

Got to film this on before Marco turned their machines on. Thanks Madison Pinball

#525 4 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Hey guys, could use a favor. Leaving early to get here before the blizzard, I never had a chance to hit the bank and make change. So if you wander past my booth I sure could use some 5’s and 1’s, if anybody can break up some 20’s for me.

Sending you a pm now
    -Jeremy

#526 4 years ago

Hey all, couldn't make MGC this year. But for anyone that's traveling from the show: I'm looking to trade my HUO Modded Metallica Pro (colordmd, shaker, etc) I live about 2 hours south of the convention, 45 mins south of Chicago. I'm looking for an Iron Maiden but open to hear other offers too. Let me know and we can get some pics exchanged. Thanks!

#527 4 years ago

I've got a ticket for the other after party if anyone wants it. Was included with the VIG pass but I dont need it. This isn't the arcade hall after party but the one with Eric Bischoff and Ted Dibiase.

#528 4 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

It was ten minutes, and you actually have multiple professionals involves already. It was a full network outage. I'm sorry for your delay, and hope that the rest of the weekend can make up for it. Having said that, the place where these people work that entertains multiple thousands of people sometimes have the same issues.

Once inside, we had a great time and the amount of pins/events/vendors is really awesome. Getting in late isn't the end of the world, but if you're interested in real feedback I'm providing it. We were in line at 5:50 and there weren't too many people ahead of us. We got into the venue at 6:35. The computers were down for more than 10 minutes, but the exact timing doesn't matter - everyone got in and the delay was manageable.

It's worth having a plan B in case the primary computer system goes down...because these things happen...and if the system was down for a long time then you'd have a lot of unhappy attendees. Aside from failover solutions and using mobile networks in case of a local network is down, a print-out with names and ticket numbers is easy and you can request ID if fraud is a big problem. Not perfect, but better than not being able to do anything if the system is down. Admittedly, I don't know the details of your setup, but it really can't hurt to have a backup plan when you are expecting 10,000 attendees for an event.

There were many people who were asking if the line was for ticket holders, VIG pass holders, just to buy tickets in person, etc. In the future, better signage would help, in addition to having a person able to answer questions.

Looking forward to enjoying the next two days and thank you for your hard work.

#529 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frogman:

Admittedly, I don't know the details of your setup, but it really can't hurt to have a backup plan when you are expecting 10,000 attendees for an event.

There is a backup, but it required us to reboot the system to switch it over. An ID system would have taken forever.

Preview night is limited to less than 700 people. Today is a much bigger day. There is currently no line so I can sit on Pinside checking comments.

It's all good, but trust me, at a location where I used to work where we had an average of more than 10k a day (and I was actually in charge of logistics), this sort of stuff did happen too.

Like I said, hope the rest is enjoyable. Two of us were not able to be there at the exact moment for reasons, so that's part of what was going on too. Convergence of issues.

#530 4 years ago
    Quoted from pfcjimmy:

I've got a ticket for the other after party if anyone wants it. Was included with the VIG pass but I dont need it. This isn't the arcade hall after party but the one with Eric Bischoff and Ted Dibiase.

Ain't no party like an nWo party.

#531 4 years ago

Undertale pin is a very impressive! Check it out!

Show is massive.

#532 4 years ago

Awesome!!!

AFAF28E1-A986-4B3D-8728-96FCFB40DCEC (resized).jpegAFAF28E1-A986-4B3D-8728-96FCFB40DCEC (resized).jpeg
    #533 4 years ago

This ticket sale process is incredibly slow. Gotta be a faster way to get people through the line

#534 4 years ago
    F33DE220-492D-4445-8E3F-31724E9C5735 (resized).jpegF33DE220-492D-4445-8E3F-31724E9C5735 (resized).jpeg
    #535 4 years ago

goatdan what do the VIGs need to get into the party at the Hilton tonight?

#536 4 years ago

If you didn’t get your band last night, stop back at the ticket booth. They’ll look you up and give you your wristband

#537 4 years ago

@icust298 is that the plain gold band?

#538 4 years ago

You can get into the party at the Hilton with an orange band. I'm not sure where or when it is though.

I got the band from pfcjimmy and then a stranger gave me another one, so if anyone else wants a band just reach out to me

#539 4 years ago

BKSOR is incredible!!! Especially, the one with the JBL external sound system.

Watching the King play is even better.

950CE6CD-C6A6-40C9-B2AB-90CD97B41834.jpeg950CE6CD-C6A6-40C9-B2AB-90CD97B41834.jpegA77E35F9-AAE9-42AD-8A2A-D9B79989DFC7.jpegA77E35F9-AAE9-42AD-8A2A-D9B79989DFC7.jpegBC845D68-06BC-4D0D-ABE3-1E676A6430D0.jpegBC845D68-06BC-4D0D-ABE3-1E676A6430D0.jpeg
    #540 4 years ago

The man the myth the sound legend!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #541 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The man the myth the sound legend!
    [quoted image]

That guy -nailed- the sounds/music on POTC. Not to take away from IMDN but I think it deserved the TWIPY.

#542 4 years ago

Dave Thiel is the MAN

IMG_20190413_144306318 (resized).jpgIMG_20190413_144306318 (resized).jpg
    #543 4 years ago

He should get one of those "piano key" scarves.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #544 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

That guy -nailed- the sounds/music on POTC. Not to take away from IMDN but I think it deserved the TWIPY.

100%. The music is movie-level quality. Amazing diversity of tunes and I haven't heard a dud yet. I find myself humming some of the themes and then realize it's from jjPotC. The only reason it didn't win a TWIPY is more people weren't exposed to it before voting. It was the best last year, hands down.

#545 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

He nailed it on Alien too. There were complaints of a lot of things with that game--but I can NEVER recall the sounds and ambience being among them, even from the biggest detractors.

#546 4 years ago

He is awesome

41AD47C5-B5C6-40C9-B7BF-DA6907EC68EC (resized).jpeg41AD47C5-B5C6-40C9-B7BF-DA6907EC68EC (resized).jpeg
    #547 4 years ago

So my take..

Parked in the same garage this year.. $5 is a bargain (not sure who parks for $20 literally next door). This year there were 2 guys taking money at entrance and giving out receipts which I preferred. Last year the credit reader at the exit had issues. sucks the elevators weren't working but oh well, I need the exercise.

Entrance Line: Holy crap there was a lot of people, it literally went back a city block and took 30 minutes to get in. This isn't a complaint, I'm glad to see that many people want to attend the show. Yes I could have prepaid tickets and had a much shorter line, but life has been touch and go this past month with family health issues and didn't want to risk it. Heard the lines moved slow because the credit card readers went down, but volunteers started walking back and taking cash for those that had it (which did speed me getting in a little bit)

Food: As far as I can tell, jersey mike's was the only food vendor, which was fine. Though because it was in the hallway there really wasn't a place to sit and eat other than hopping in one of the windows. Also those vending machines were strange. nothing was labeled, the screen didn't make sense, so I gave up trying to get a drink.

Pinball Hall:
    Tons of hobbyist games brought in, very few down. Some weird issues like the virtual pin that ran stranger things was running super slow (like it needed a reboot badly). There was a lethal weapon that kept losing balls and leaned horribly. There was a TNA where it sounded like the speaker jack was loose because you'd get some of the song, then you'd get this humm, then music came back. Ghost in the shell continues to progress, plays better every show.

Between Marco bringing all the Sterns, Chicago gaming bringing like 20 remakes of AFM and MB, and Kingpin games bringing spooky games, jersey jack games the new section had TONS to choose from. Even beyond the early morning start, there were hardly lines to play anything. I left around 2 as usual because that's about the time the casual idiots that don't understand turns start hogging games and I lose patience.

Black knight played brutal, tried it 4 times. Pro feels empty, premium definitely plays better but still brutal. both the pro and premiums I played had ball hangups. Pro got stuck at top inlanes, premium got stuck when I didn't plunge hard enough and the ball got stuck between the drain ramp and the wireform ramp. Had to slam the cabinet to get it loose. If I'm gonna spend $7500 on a game, I think Wonka is a much better buy. Shoots so smooth, so many things to shoot for, code is pretty decent already (lots of modes), love the theme. Pretty sure I'm gonna buy a standard edtion, it'll be my first JJP game.

#548 4 years ago
    Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

You can get into the party at the Hilton with an orange band. I'm not sure where or when it is though.
    I got the band from pfcjimmy and then a stranger gave me another one, so if anyone else wants a band just reach out to me

Thanks. They were missing from my VIG packet but I was able to get one.

#549 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I left around 2 as usual because that's about the time the casual idiots that don't understand turns start hogging games and I lose patience.

Translation: This was all the time the wife allowed me to have to myself!

#550 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Food: As far as I can tell, jersey mike's was the only food vendor, which was fine. Though because it was in the hallway there really wasn't a place to sit and eat other than hopping in one of the windows. Also those vending machines were strange. nothing was labeled, the screen didn't make sense, so I gave up trying to get a drink.
    Pinball Hall:

Did you even walk through the event? There was pizza, Asian food, I saw fries, subs, and shakes..

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/11?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.