(Topic ID: 212817)

MGC 2018 Pinside Meet and Greet Party

By Gexchange

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I'm going to go to MGC this year and am trying to decide and figure out what Kinda of meet and greet party I want to do.”

• Option 1. Find a Close by Bar / Restaurant and set up a time for a 2 hour meet and greet party. I buy the first round of drinks for Everyone. 3 votes
      30%
    • Option 2. Try and upgrade to a suite at the hotel. Try and find a couple of people to bring a game or two for the room 2-3 games works best. I normally buy food and booze for one night sometimes two 7 votes
      70%

(10 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180412_170411 (resized).jpg
    20180412_170126 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Hey Guys! Bringing the Pinside meet and greet party to MGC this year! As always we will be buying the first round of drinks so come over thirsty! Right across the street from the show!

4/13/18 at 4pm - 6pm

Miller Time Pub and Grill
    509 West Wisconsin Avenue
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
    (414) 271-2337

JJ

#3 6 years ago

Hey JJ

My Luci is set up and playing. I would be glad to come have a drink. Please don't overlap too much with after party or Tom Taylor's if possible. Friday evening would be best for me.

#4 6 years ago

Maybe this time I can buy YOU a drink!!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

Maybe this time I can buy YOU a drink!!

Good luck.. Many have tried most have failed =)

But I like your style

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Hey JJ
    My Luci is set up and playing. I would be glad to come have a drink. Please don't overlap too much with after party or Tom Taylor's if possible. Friday evening would be best for me.

I would do either Friday evening.. This event has so many after parties it might make sense to do Option 1 but will see.

JJ

#6 6 years ago

Bump.

Anyone have any suggestions that might be A good place to host meet and greet?

JJ

#7 6 years ago

I preferon site friday party. I will stop up after i get done helping w clock chaos.

Glad to hear you are coming to mgc!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Bump.
    Anyone have any suggestions that might be A good place to host meet and greet?
    JJ

hello glad ypu can make it this year. look forward to the pinside meet and greet. I like the hotel room idea always up for that. but if your are looking for a place/bar to host may i suggest a new arcade bar that opened up close to the wisconsin center. its called 1983 arcade bar. they have about 5 pinball machine, 20+ stand up arcade games, cheap beers $3-4. thats cheap for downtown. They play 80's music all night. Free cover. they use tokens though but whatever. might be worth a checking out. I know there are tables and chairs. Its located about 2 blocks from MGC

#9 6 years ago

I'd most likely stop by , I did not vote because either option works for me . But if done off site on friday night finding a location with enough seating (free space)to actually meet and greet a decent sized group might be more challenging than option 2 .

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I'd most likely stop by , I did not vote because either option works for me . But if done off site on friday night finding a location with enough seating (free space)to actually meet and greet a decent sized group might be more challenging than option 2 .

If it's on site, the Miller Time Pub thing at the Hilton would probably would. It's quite fun. The 1983 bar that was named is walkable too, but a bit further out.

#11 6 years ago

JJ

I would be careful about games in your room. Security was called twice when I did it. And it was only like 8pm at the Sheraton. Some lame ass didn’t get that we are there to play pinball.

I would be down for whatever. Happy to walk to the baracde to hang. With it being Friday night it might be worth a call to reserve some space.

I’m planning to go to TT’s. so I would roll in after that.

Keep us posted.

Chris

#12 6 years ago

So I called the Hotels. They are not real keen on the games in the room so I'm going to move forward with Bar Event. Im going to try and do Miller Time Pub. Right across from the show. Thinking 4pm. Going to be a bit tight for me flying in but I think I can make it. this is 2 hours before the show opens.

#13 6 years ago

Sounds like fun but coming in Friday getting regstered and the party friday night might be a little too much already going on. I'll try to stop in if I can but my mobility is down recovering from a knee surgery but will still be hobbling around! I can lean on pinball machines for most of the weekend anyway!

Hope to see ya there!

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Sounds like fun but coming in Friday getting regstered and the party friday night might be a little too much already going on. I'll try to stop in if I can but my mobility is down recovering from a knee surgery but will still be hobbling around! I can lean on pinball machines for most of the weekend anyway!
    Hope to see ya there!

We can Roll you in.. Then you can drink more

JJ

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

We can Roll you in.. Then you can drink more
    JJ

That'll work! LOL

2 weeks later
    #16 6 years ago

Bump! 4 Pm tomorrow at Miller Time Pub and Grub

Miller Time Pub and Grill
    509 West Wisconsin Avenue
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
    (414) 271-2337

First round of drinks is on me! Look Forward to seeing you all. Please let your friends know

#17 6 years ago

My wife and I will try to make it ... going to Tom's pre-event at the other location that ends at 4PM, then have a tournament time about an hour after that and have to check in at some point. We want to take it all in though, so it may just be to stop by, say "Hi", down a long island ice tea, then do the tournament. Always great to meet the other pinball geeks in this pinside underworld.

#18 6 years ago

Can't wait to get my LE JJ!! Wish I could make this but I won't be there till later. Yer still the best though baby!

#19 6 years ago

I have Clock Chaos at 4, but will head over afterwards.

#20 6 years ago

what nobody is here yet!

20180412_170126 (resized).jpg20180412_170126 (resized).jpg

20180412_170411 (resized).jpg20180412_170411 (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago

At the airport on Denver

First time at MGC pretty excited

JJ

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

At the airport on Denver
    JJ

Don't bring the snow storm with you.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Don't bring the snow storm with you.

I tried but it would not fit in my suitcase and the airline wanted a small fortune to check it!

JJ

#24 6 years ago

We are in the high life room!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

At the airport on Denver
    JJ

Were you on the 10:40 flight this morning? I just took that one back into town from a work trip.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from hayrebear:

Were you on the 10:40 flight this morning? I just took that one back into town from a work trip.

Sure was!

#27 6 years ago

Thanks again for organizing the meet and greet. My wife and I enjoyed hanging out and meeting some of the other Pinsiders. I hope you enjoyed the show.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2018-pinside-meet-and-greet-party-help-poll?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.