Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1630 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1624 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
    DSC_1892 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1850 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1824 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1808 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1803 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1837 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1841 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1840 (resized).jpg
    17858275_10210684356498030_1135676847_o (resized).png
    IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8963 (resized).JPG

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

American Pinball is proud to announce that Houdini Master of Mystery will be at the Midwest Gaming Classic and available for play! Come out, see, and play Houdini!

IMG_0263 (resized).PNGIMG_0263 (resized).PNG

#102 6 years ago

awesome cant wait to play it. thank you american pinball

#103 6 years ago

Bring it to Allentown Pinfest

#104 6 years ago

Whats happening at MGC? Pictures! News!

#105 6 years ago

Arcade hall getting set up, Total Annihilation going up in Spooky area.

A giant Pikachu was at the check in counter.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

A giant Pikachu was at the check in counter.

Was a giant pokeball required to catch it? If not what ball type did you use?

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

What was the story on the row of Spirits? I can't recall. Cool poster and def worth the derailing of the thread for the story.

Believe its from Pinagogo 2015

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Total Annihilation going up in Spooky area.

Because Scott loves spooky, or because there's going to be a production price tag on it?

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Because Scott loves spooky, or because there's going to be a production price tag on it?

It's about to get real...

Brad

ta_order_form.pngta_order_form.png

#110 6 years ago

Anyone know if there is a sign up for the Mortal Kombat 2 tournament?

#111 6 years ago

Must have foooooood.
    Burger at kopps then setting up the tables

#112 6 years ago

Here at MGC.

20170407_175130 (resized).jpg20170407_175130 (resized).jpg

20170407_175142 (resized).jpg20170407_175142 (resized).jpg

#113 6 years ago

Was thinking of going to mgc on Sunday. Is there a Medieval Madness? Still after many years haven't had the chance to play it, I know it wasn't at mgc last year.

How about GB Premium? Is it there? Thanks.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Was thinking of going to mgc on Sunday. Is there a Medieval Madness? Still after many years haven't had the chance to play it, I know it wasn't at mgc last year.

I saw someone lugging in a mm(r) (didn't get close enough to know) when I was loading in.

#115 6 years ago

Cool thanks. I should have brought my stargate to the show. I've been thinking of selling it lately. Maybe next year I'll bring it.

#116 6 years ago

Marco had a GB. I didn't look close enough to see which version.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

It's about to get real..

spooky_facebook (resized).jpgspooky_facebook (resized).jpg

#118 6 years ago

First time and MGC! Walking in the door, the first thing that caught my groups attention was the incredible tunes and soundtrack coming from this game. I had never heard of it, and didn't have any expectations. We were all totally blown away after playing. Scott the games designer was there talking about it and explaining some things on the game. Theres something about that games that just keeps you coming back. Just can't get over the sound system either. Best I've ever heard on a pinball machine.

#119 6 years ago

There is an original mm here in the freeplay room. There is both GB premium and pro here on the floor. I think marco brought those.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

There is an original mm here in the freeplay room. There is both GB premium and pro here on the floor. I think marco brought those.

Yes, MM original. GB premiums are in the tournament (free to enter so just get in line to play). GB pro in the free play area.

Jaz

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Also Aerosmith pro and premium and Batman 66 and GoT

#122 6 years ago

Two Dialed In games as well.

#123 6 years ago

There is an original MM in the main arcade hall. John Ross (Pinball Plus) brought it from Minneapolis.

Is there a Medieval Madness? Still after many years haven't had the chance to play it, I know it wasn't at mgc last year.

#124 6 years ago

Irving Kaye/Bally Batting Practice. Sweet.

#125 6 years ago

IMG_0875 (resized).JPGIMG_0875 (resized).JPG

#126 6 years ago

Playing games at MGC. Who let the Gnome out?

20170408_210414 (resized).jpg20170408_210414 (resized).jpg

#127 6 years ago

Sunday awesome thing to see is all the little kids carrying around step stools so they can play the pins

#128 6 years ago

Do anybody else find it funny that this morning I was loading up my getaway because it broke during the afterparty last night. Steve richie walks past and sees me says the getaway. He then gives me a hand loading it in the back of my suv! Said a couple things to me and continued walking. I'm thinking did that just really happen?

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Do anybody else find it funny that this morning I was loading up my getaway because it broke during the afterparty last night. Steve richie walks past and sees me says the getaway. He then gives me a hand loading it in the back of my suv! Said a couple things to me and continued walking. I'm thinking did that just really happen?

That's cool.

#130 6 years ago

Great MGC. Steve Ritchie came up to me out of nowhere to say hi. I haven't seen him since Expo.

Also got to meet Dirty Donnie, Zombie Yeti, a Stern programmer(I forgot your name, sorry) and the Ferereses for a fun late-night discussion on various topics.

Got to play a bunch of pins I never got to before. Dialed In was great. It felt a lot like a B/W game. Houdini is great. I got the ball stuck in the elevator in Aerosmith. Fun watching it fling a ball in the toy box(and sometimes getting in).

Black Sheep Squadron was interesting. Never saw that game before.

And MGC tradition was respected with an out of order Space Shuttle.

#131 6 years ago

Seeing this makes all the headache and sweat of loading games back and forth worth it.

IMG_5265 (resized).JPGIMG_5265 (resized).JPG

#132 6 years ago

Was playing Aerosmith with some friends, and Donny walks around and was cool enough to talk to us. What a great opportunity we have to meet and chat with the creators of these games.

Big thanks to Tully, Chris, Keith, Tom, Ken, and all the other volunteers and folks who put this show on. I see the same people working the tournaments each year, these folks are dedicated and the show could not be done without them.

#133 6 years ago

MGC2017 was spectacular. Spent an hour talking to Jeremy Packer (Zombie Yeti) near the Spooky Patio today. Cool to have so many from the industry there hanging out with us. My greatest memory is the help ChrisS provided me in NOT finding a Swords of Fury at the show. Thanks buddy.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

MGC2017 was spectacular. Spent an hour talking to Jeremy Packer (Zombie Yeti) near the Spooky Patio today. Cool to have so many from the industry there hanging out with us. My greatest memory is the help ChrisS provided me in NOT finding a Swords of Fury at the show. Thanks buddy.

I saw a SOF at the show. Was right across from my game. He must not have been looking very hard. Even had colored LED's in the backbox and GI's so i'm sure he would have saw it

#135 6 years ago

Photos from the show....

IMG_8954 (resized).JPGIMG_8954 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8956 (resized).JPGIMG_8956 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8957 (resized).JPGIMG_8957 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8959 (resized).JPGIMG_8959 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8962 (resized).JPGIMG_8962 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8963 (resized).JPGIMG_8963 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8965 (resized).JPGIMG_8965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7641 (resized).jpgIMG_7641 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7644 (resized).jpgIMG_7644 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7645 (resized).jpgIMG_7645 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7646 (resized).jpgIMG_7646 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7694 (resized).jpgIMG_7694 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7695 (resized).jpgIMG_7695 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7696 (resized).jpgIMG_7696 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7697 (resized).jpgIMG_7697 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7698 (resized).jpgIMG_7698 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7713 (resized).jpgIMG_7713 (resized).jpg

#136 6 years ago

I was at MGC and showed ChrisS the game. He was taunting you with the colored GI in the game when we were looking at it. Then he bought it so I am still in the process of "finding" one.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I saw a SOF at the show. Was right across from my game. He must not have been looking very hard. Even had colored LED's in the backbox and GI's so i'm sure he would have saw it

#137 6 years ago

Another great MGC in the books. From an arcade hall perspective, this was probably the smoothest set-up that I have been a part of since the show moved back to Brookfield. Thanks to all who brought games and especially everyone who helped me in the arcade hall set up - Keith, Tully, Chris, Tom, Will, Brian, Garret, Eric P, Andy, Ken and I'm sure a few others too. Of course, thanks to Dan and Gary for putting on the show every year - it is a huge commitment and they pull it off every year. Also, big thanks to E.P. for the color DMD in my TFTC - he did an awesome job on this one. Other than the flipper bat breaking at the after party, it played the whole show.

The only weird thing was that when I was breaking down HG, I found that someone took one of the back leg bolts from my Harlem Globetrotters that was used in the tournament. There was no damage or anything, but what kind of asshole steals a leg bolt from a game that is set up?

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

The only weird thing was that when I was breaking down HG, I found that someone took one of the back leg bolts from my Harlem Globetrotters that was used in the tournament. There was no damage or anything, but what kind of asshole steals a leg bolt from a game that is set up?

that is beyond bizzarre!

Glad there was no damage.

#139 6 years ago

A suggestion for next year, a sign outside of the loading door area for newcomers (so they know which door to go to for load in/out) and educating the security/hotel staff on who to contact once your games are loaded in/set up. Or even just a sign at the load in door, like "Find this guy, he's in the third row of games, looks like this (picture)".

I've brought games for a few years now, but was a little confused on where to register my games as the table by the load in area from last year was no longer there. I asked the security guard by the load in door, they said "Down this hall at that table" basically where preorders are getting their wristbands. So I go there, they say, head to the tent to register your game, which I found odd but hey maybe that's the only spot that had enough room. So I go to the tent, they say, that's back at the arcade hall. Not a huge deal, MGC staff tried to locate someone from the arcade hall, which was nice, but also a waste of his time.

There was another gentleman that I met in the tent, who obviously got the same advice I did. He was sent to the same table in the tent to register his game, more confused than I, as this was his first year bringing a game. Eventually we found the small table in the arcade hall and got our games registered.

The rest of the weekend was great, seemed to be a few less people in the arcade hall so we could play a few more games during the day. Afterparty was great as always. MGC always does a nice job with the signage so that customers know where the activities are located. A couple of more signs and even newcomers will be able to bring games in with minimal questions/disruptions.

#140 6 years ago

And congrats to Art Dodd for Winning this years Kids Tournament.

IMG_1568 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPG

#141 6 years ago

LOL, that is great and a framer!!!!

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

yup, art is kicking ass and taking names. If you are old enough to win A division in PAPA, you are old enough to get your ass kicked by old guys in your tournament.

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

That one is pretty good. Over in MN we are kinda partial to this gem from MGC a few years ago though...

17858275_10210684356498030_1135676847_o (resized).png17858275_10210684356498030_1135676847_o (resized).png

#144 6 years ago

lol!

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

That one is pretty good. Over in MN we are kinda partial to this gem from MGC a few years ago though...

I could see Ben dressing up and taking part.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Yeah, welcome to the MGC! Hahaha! Jim found out Sunday morning he awarded the kids tournament the MPC certificates, so he said to me, "I'm writing down addresses so we can correct them and send out the real thing, but I'm totally giving out the kids tournament certificates."

Glad it amused everyone as much as it amused me!

#147 6 years ago

Was there a show this weekend? I moved a bunch of stuff, and then sold a bunch of stuff, and then packed a bunch of stuff. I think there was a little sleeping in there somewhere.

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, welcome to the MGC! Hahaha! Jim found out Sunday morning he awarded the kids tournament the MPC certificates, so he said to me, "I'm writing down addresses so we can correct them and send out the real thing, but I'm totally giving out the kids tournament certificates."
    Glad it amused everyone as much as it amused me!

On MGC Family Day all kids are targets....I mean welcome!

#149 6 years ago

Since it's been a couple of days, hit the links for shots of every game in the arcade hall...

http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2017subset1

http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2017subset2

And a couple of teasers to whet your senses...

DSC_1840 (resized).jpgDSC_1840 (resized).jpg

DSC_1841 (resized).jpgDSC_1841 (resized).jpg

DSC_1837 (resized).jpgDSC_1837 (resized).jpg

DSC_1803 (resized).jpgDSC_1803 (resized).jpg

DSC_1808 (resized).jpgDSC_1808 (resized).jpg

DSC_1824 (resized).jpgDSC_1824 (resized).jpg

DSC_1850 (resized).jpgDSC_1850 (resized).jpg

DSC_1892 (resized).jpgDSC_1892 (resized).jpg

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Since it's been a couple of days, hit the links for shots of every game in the arcade hall...
    http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2017subset1
    http://pinballmafia.net/pictures/show_pictures.php?yearmonth=MGC+2017subset2
    And a couple of teasers to whet your senses...

Great photos!!!

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2017/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.