Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1630 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1624 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
    DSC_1892 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1850 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1824 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1808 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1803 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1837 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1841 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1840 (resized).jpg
    17858275_10210684356498030_1135676847_o (resized).png
    IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8963 (resized).JPG

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do miss it.

you keep saying that... yet you have not come in 5? years. I would love to be able to hang with you at MGC LTG, but you gotta put forth the effort to come again some year.

TPF is a poor excuse in my book.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you keep saying that... yet you have not come in 5?

Yes, it is a poor time of the year for me to close. Tail end of my winter business. I wouldn't have gone the two times I did except Dan asked me. He stops in my business occasionally and I wanted to help if I could.

Quoted from Whysnow:

TPF is a poor excuse in my book.

First time I went there Marcus invited me, he also occasionally stops in my business. Last time PPS/CGC wanted me to go and assist with the MMR, and I also helped JJP with WOZ and Hobbit.

This year Mayboyz asked me, and he's a good friend of mine, and has some exciting news coming soon.

I have a huge problem coming up January 17th. The freeway 169 about a mile east of me is fully closing for at least 10 months to replace a 1 1/4 mile bridge straight east of me. A couple years back a section was closed for a few months and really crippled my business. So not knowing the impact of that yet, I probably shouldn't be hitting any shows this year.

I'd like to hang with you too.

LTG : )

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I wish MGC was physically larger than ReplayFX

Yea, MGC wishes that too (as most know). But there just isn't a realistic way to make that happen (as most know).

Jaz

1 week later
    #55 7 years ago

Any word on a Tom Taylor event again this year? That was the highlight for me last year.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

Any word on a Tom Taylor event again this year? That was the highlight for me last year.

Sadly Goatdan posted recently that event isn't happening this year.

#57 7 years ago

Sorry, I somehow totally missed this thread! Yeesh.

Some replies to what is asked, ask away on anything else and I'll try to make sure I'm checking more often...

- Tom's Open House is NOT happening this year. Before anyone else tells you any reasons why, the real reason is because Tom has a bunch of different personal stuff happening in his life right about the same time and he is concerned he won't have enough time to do this too. Because in the past other people (or one person specifically) have decided that this must mean there is some sort of rift with us, I'll just add that Tom currently has about 15 of my games set up as his place and it has nothing to do with any made up rift. He hopes to be able to do it again next year.

- I wish MGC was physically larger. It's not like it's something I haven't looked into, and continue to look into. In short, a big part of our issue is that we created the show around content that others bring in, and the larger venues are... not so easy to work with regarding that. We look every year, and we may get something to work at some time - I have had two meetings with one of the two larger venues recently, and some things have changed - We have come down off the $250,000 power requirement for the first time (I wish I was kidding!) - so who knows, but we also have to make sure the show grows the right way with it.

As much as some people have complained the MGC isn't big enough, coming from the world of theme parks, you actually don't want to have an event where it looks like no one is there. It makes it less fun. As I always tell people, last year, I was able to take my son on Saturday at 4pm into the arcade hall where we walked around playing various games without any waiting, except for one person on one game. We didn't much care what we played, but that's how it should be run.

- PAPA is running on our dates. I don't mind - as I said somewhere else, I'm guessing both us and them will lose about a dozen people from it that will go to the other instead, which isn't enough to really "hurt" either show. They used to run their other event on our show pretty much every weekend. We still have enough people show up.

We do, by way of number, have one of the largest (Actually, three) IFPA tournaments, but because of our lack of prizes, the people who care about money don't choose to travel far for our show usually. That same group will always go to PAPA, so it makes sense for them to run on our dates. I don't mind at all.

- Lloyd, I'd love you to come back sometime, but from our conversations I do know how difficult it is for you to be able to do so. If that ever changes, we would be honored to have you

MANY more things happening, and if you don't yet have VIG tickets, there are already less than 100 of those left, so make sure to pick them up! We'll be announcing some more fun stuff with that event soon!

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Lloyd, I'd love you to come back sometime, but from our conversations I do know how difficult it is for you to be able to do so. If that ever changes, we would be honored to have you

I've even thought of running down for one day. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know. Love you Dan, and all you do.

#59 7 years ago

Oh yeah, and I'll put the event up on here soon. I always forget that!

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

We do, by way of number, have one of the largest (Actually, three) IFPA tournaments

actually 4 from last year and likely to be 4 (or maybe 5 ) this year.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

actually 4 from last year and likely to be 4 (or maybe 5 ) this year.

...or maybe even more

Quoted from goatdan:

Oh yeah, and I'll put the event up on here soon. I always forget that!

Event is up! Please go say you're coming so it doesn't just look like I'm going to be hanging out by myself

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

- Lloyd, I'd love you to come back sometime, but from our conversations I do know how difficult it is for you to be able to do so. If that ever changes, we would be honored to have you

Oh NO! Not Lloyd... that would be HORRIBLE.

And yes, before people go off... YES I am kidding. I had my coffee this morning in a LTG mugged me mug.

Would love to have Lloyd back again if he can make it work. I think the last time he was here was the first year at the Sheraton after we moved from Oconomowoc.

Jaz

#64 7 years ago

My life is out of control at the moment (seriously, how many things can break at once? Apparently, all of them) but I will be getting in touch with some more of you soon

I literally just sat down at my computer to email some people and now it won't log me in. So, stuff that is broken that I need to deal with... +1. Sigh.

#65 7 years ago

Okay, the original event on Pinside didn't work for some weird reason, worked it out with Robin and we should be good to go now!

3 weeks later
    #66 7 years ago

Hey everyone - quick reminder, if you haven't bought tickets for the VIG Friday Night Event, we are nearing a sell-out and once it sells out, we don't re-open it. If you're interested, make sure that you head to http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/ before they sell out!

I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't sell out already - we had been selling them like crazy and they hit a lull the last two weeks! I'll be surprised if any are available in March!

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hey everyone - quick reminder,

It's Dan's Birthday.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Hey everyone - quick reminder, if you haven't bought tickets for the VIG Friday Night Event, we are nearing a sell-out and once it sells out, we don't re-open it. If you're interested, make sure that you head to http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/buy-tickets/ before they sell out!
    I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't sell out already - we had been selling them like crazy and they hit a lull the last two weeks! I'll be surprised if any are available in March!

I don't see the VIG tickets available on that page?

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I don't see the VIG tickets available on that page?

Click the "Friday Events" tab.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Click the "Friday Events" tab.

Got it, phone was acting funky.

#71 7 years ago

Happy birthday dan

1 week later
    #72 7 years ago

We are getting closer and closer.

#74 7 years ago

I'm like a darn ninja (sometimes).

#75 7 years ago

262809-ninjas-beverly-hills-ninja-wallpaper (resized).jpg262809-ninjas-beverly-hills-ninja-wallpaper (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #76 6 years ago

Total Chaos over here. I'm starting to have conversations with myself now.

"MGC is coming up, how's inventory?"

"Good, we're all set!"

"Did you include this pile of orders from yesterday?"

"Aw crap, there goes all the inventory."

I've got a LONG week coming up.

#77 6 years ago

IMG_0870 (resized).JPGIMG_0870 (resized).JPG

#78 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#79 6 years ago

#80 6 years ago

Ok, no crop dusting at the show! You know who you are.

#81 6 years ago

IMG_2295 (resized).JPGIMG_2295 (resized).JPG

#82 6 years ago

aerosmith in general area, or tournament?

#83 6 years ago

ask rob. looks like free play room

#84 6 years ago

Thank you all for pictures !

#85 6 years ago

The backglass on that Aerosmith is perfect, looks as washed-out as Steven Tylers face does these days.

-Hans

#86 6 years ago

IMG_0871 (resized).JPGIMG_0871 (resized).JPG

#87 6 years ago

Owwwwww.....I want that game! Childhood memories.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

aerosmith in general area, or tournament?

Free play room

#89 6 years ago

My Ironman HD project will be in Rob Anthony's room in the vendor hall annex hallway.

IMG_0035 (resized).PNGIMG_0035 (resized).PNG

#90 6 years ago

I love MGC. Only convention I know with like-minded people. A convention about old video games? Who would ever come to that? Thousands.

Another theory as to why MGC is popular: We live in cold climates, so many of us played home consoles since it was cold out. Hence no "Hawaii Gaming Classic".

#91 6 years ago

MGC is the best show there is. My favorite of all of them I attend.

#92 6 years ago

Not pin related, but the owner of the SFX-100 PlayStation/Nintendo prototype loaned it to me and I managed to get everything working and it now loads CD-ROM games and plays audio CD's!

Will make its working debut at MGC 2017, the greatest show on Earth!

IMG_20170406_133131 (resized).jpgIMG_20170406_133131 (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Will make its working debut at MGC 2017, the greatest show on Earth!

Wow, thanks Ben! Who, by the way, named the show 16 years ago!

#94 6 years ago

I feel like we should play a game of pinball alumni bingo. Who can take their pic with everyone who will be at the show?

#95 6 years ago

Ben, who cares if it's not pinball? Seeing that thing run will be damn exciting. Awesome work there!!

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

My Ironman HD project will be in Rob Anthony's room in the vendor hall annex hallway.

And for anyone interested, Rob has some prints and posters of the Spirit of Steve Charland at his booth. I plan to present a check of the proceeds to his family next month at PAGG. Thanks again for all the support!

Brad

spirit_of_steve.jpgspirit_of_steve.jpg

#97 6 years ago

What was the story on the row of Spirits? I can't recall. Cool poster and def worth the derailing of the thread for the story.

Even if you don't want a poster stop by Rob's and leave a few bucks for the fund.

Fuck Cancer!!!!

#98 6 years ago

IMG_0872 (resized).JPGIMG_0872 (resized).JPG

#99 6 years ago

Thanks Dan it's been great to see MGC grow!

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Thanks Dan it's been great to see MGC grow!

To think, when you named it there was 100 people that came. This year, we are getting close to matching that with industry alumni alone - we're now at 60! And, you're one of them!

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/additional-industry-alumni-at-the-show/

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2017/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.