Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1629 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1630 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1624 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1619 (resized).JPG
    DSC_1892 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1850 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1824 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1808 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1803 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1837 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1841 (resized).jpg
    DSC_1840 (resized).jpg
    17858275_10210684356498030_1135676847_o (resized).png
    IMG_1568 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8963 (resized).JPG
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #2 7 years ago

I'll take Princess Peach for $100 Alex.

#3 7 years ago

I don't know how Dan does it. MGC keeps getting better and better every year.

LTG : )

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know how Dan does it. MGC keeps getting better and better every year.

Magic

#5 7 years ago

Well it's magic and Taro. Everyone comes to see Taro!...

Well, magic, Taro, and Dan...

Well, magic, Taro, Dan, and Gary...

Well, magic, Taro, Dan, Gary, Steve, Keith, Aaron, Chris, Mark, and at least dozens of other very passionate people that love the show!

But Taro needs his own segment, since really, everyone comes to see Taro.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#6 7 years ago

@ :31 you can see my old RBG and Hi Score Pool:

RBGHS (resized).pngRBGHS (resized).png

#7 7 years ago

Looking forward to it!

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Well it's magic and Taro. Everyone comes to see Taro!...
    Well, magic, Taro, and Dan...
    Well, magic, Taro, Dan, and Gary...
    Well, magic, Taro, Dan, Gary, Steve, Keith, Aaron, Chris, Mark, and at least dozens of other very passionate people that love the show!
    But Taro needs his own segment, since really, everyone comes to see Taro.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

WTF are you babbling about????

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

WTF are you babbling about????

You wouldn't understand old man. MGC is where us young whipper snappers go to enjoy our ping pong machines and shoot-'em-up boxes.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

You wouldn't understand old man. MGC is where us young whipper snappers go to enjoy our ping pong machines and shoot-'em-up boxes.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Rob, Dont waste your time talking to that old shit, Hell, when was the last time he showed up to anything, He is just fading away from seeing people, Im surprised it took this long, but apparently Deb realized that he shouldnt be seen in public anymore

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I'll take Princess Peach for $100 Alex.

Hahaha. That's my best friend's wife lol.

I ended up dancing around in a sonic the hedgehog suit last year lol.

1 month later
    #12 7 years ago

Got my room booked! The six month and one day countdown begins...

#13 7 years ago

I'm totally excited for this year! My friends son is finally old enough to come and is getting into pinball!! He's not even my kid and I'm excited!!

#14 7 years ago

I encourage ALL to bring a pin and really experience what MGC has to offer!

It takes the community to make this show great and bringing your best pin to show off/share (and then get into the after party) is a huge part of the experience.

#15 7 years ago

I'm still not recovered from last year....

#16 7 years ago

Anyone know if there's going to be a Tom Taylor open house again next year?

1 month later
    #17 7 years ago

Also curious about Tom Taylor's open house for 2017. Anyone have the 411?

#18 7 years ago

Looking forward to it every year.

2 weeks later
    #19 7 years ago

My wife's cousin told me at our Christmas gathering that he's going to be going to MGC for the first time this year!

#20 7 years ago

I am very much looking forward to MGC next year. It is a shame that Gaming Hoopla, a board game convention in Gurnee, is scheduled the same weekend. Luckily my wife and I already have tickets to MGC, so we will be there.

#21 7 years ago

MGC is the bomb! Looking forward to starting to work on the games I will be bringing after the NYE holiday.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

Rob I have a few chexx boards that lit on fire.....can you fix them? hahahh jk.

Can't wait for this!!!!

#23 7 years ago

Already trying to figure out which games I'll bring.

Can't wait!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Can't wait!

starlight and nitro...

#25 7 years ago

Ill be bringing a "La Retata" I doubt anyone has seen one, although they may have played one. Mine is a custom one of one machine. Ive set a goal of getting it done for MGC and i think that im still on target

#26 7 years ago

This guy was over last night specifically to play my new Whirlwind. I think he's going to be tagging along to MGC according to his dad!

20161227_204011 (resized).jpg20161227_204011 (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Ive set a goal of getting it done for MGC and i think that im still on target

MGC sure does help to keep the midnight oil burning on pinball projects

#28 7 years ago

Who was bringing the CSI to MGC? I don't remember seeing it last year.

The reason I ask is I'll bring mine this year if he doesn't. Rare game, everyone should get the chance to play.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

The reason I ask is I'll bring mine this year if he doesn't. Rare game, everyone should get the chance to play.

Quoted from janus:

jediturtle, but he sold it

1 week later
    #30 7 years ago

D'oh, Just noticed the vendor stuff has been on the website for MONTHS now. I'm so used to getting an e-mail about it as a previous vendor that I never even thought to check. Just e-mailed Gary, hope my spot is still open!

-Hans

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Yup...I had mine there 3 or 4 times I think. It is gone now, so yes...please bring yours. I'd like to play one again! There was one year that a second one was there...not sure who that one belonged to, but that was a few years back.

#32 7 years ago

Anyone looking for a Sheraton room? I have Friday & Saturday nights booked, decided to hit PAPA instead. Maybe there's a way to change ownership of the reservation without putting it back up for grabs.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyone looking for a Sheraton room? I have Friday & Saturday nights booked, decided to hit PAPA instead. Maybe there's a way to change ownership of the reservation without putting it back up for grabs.

Had to thumbs down that . You'll be missed at MGC , sucks when events overlap .

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yup...I had mine there 3 or 4 times I think. It is gone now, so yes...please bring yours.

Will do

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I had mine there 3 or 4 times I think. It is gone now

And I'm still enjoying it!

#36 7 years ago

I agree with Rob that most come just to see Taro, but they also come to see how Rob's leg kicks involuntarily, when his belly is scratched! He does great boardwork too!!!

#37 7 years ago

PAPA and MGC are on the same weekend? I thought PAPA looks to see what other major shows are on that weekend and book around them? They are usually good about that. MGC is one of the bigger ones around. I'm surprised they overlapped that.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

PAPA and MGC are on the same weekend? I thought PAPA looks to see what other major shows are on that weekend and book around them? They are usually good about that. MGC is one of the bigger ones around. I'm surprised they overlapped that.

I don't think this is the first year it's happened either

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

I don't think this is the first year it's happened either

correct, PAPA seems to have zero care about MGC.

#40 7 years ago

Looks like MGC isn't listed as an event on Pinside. Maybe that should be remedied.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

correct, PAPA seems to have zero care about MGC.

which is funny because MGC is bigger than replay FX.

#42 7 years ago

Wanted to be sure this was here somewhere : https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Great show. Gamers add a level of excitement that is unbelievable. And the pinball part keeps getting better and better every year.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

which is funny because MGC is bigger than replay FX.

I wish MGC was physically larger than ReplayFX so I could walk on Saturday.

Anyway, I don't think PAPA cares too much about overlapping a show that doesn't involve a "major" tourney. So many shows these days, gotta overlap something.

#44 7 years ago

The MGC site doesn't mention it yet, but if anyone does the Brewers tailgate thing, the Cubs are in town on 4/7.

I'd rather stay at the show and play pinball myself, but if you're looking to experience a "Chicago North" game, I assume it will be as bad as ever after the World Series last year.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I wish MGC was physically larger than ReplayFX so I could walk on Saturday.
    Anyway, I don't think PAPA cares too much about overlapping a show that doesn't involve a "major" tourney. So many shows these days, gotta overlap something.

physical space, Replay FX is larger. Content MGC is still the biggest pinball/arcade home system show around. Just divided up into 40 some rooms.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Slim64:

Can't wait!

Ill be bringing Cybernaut, which will also be for sale -

20161228_001507 (resized).jpg20161228_001507 (resized).jpg

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I handed off an extra room to a friend last year, just call the hotel and tell them what you're doing and reservation#, it went pretty smooth.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wanted to be sure this was here somewhere : https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    Great show. Gamers add a level of excitement that is unbelievable. And the pinball part keeps getting better and better every year.

Now if we could just add an LTG show to MGC...

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from janus:

Now if we could just add an LTG show to MGC...

My first seminar was there, the last year it was held at Oconomowoc, WI.

Sadly poor time of the year for me. Especially this year a couple weeks after TPF, which I'm already committed to.

I do miss it. You walk into the building and I swear their is electricity in the air. The gamers add such a level of excitement to the show it is unbelievable. And the pinball part which is great gets better every year. And the Saturday night party has reached epic proportions.

Dan and his crew really knock themselves out year after year.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You walk into the building and I swear their is electricity in the air.

Thats not electricity

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2017/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.