Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

Room booked! Hope it's close to Conrad and the Beard Bros' room. That room was STOCKED last time!!

3 weeks later
    #37 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Just means I will have to slow roll it Friday night.

Then we are definitely fast rolling it Saturday night!

2 months later
    #58 9 years ago

Every mention on FB, and every update to this thread gets me more excited for MGC 2015!!!

Quoted from Jazman:

If there are others looking for this info, please send an email (along with your plans of what you're bringing! )to [email protected] and we'll get you those details.
    Keith

I responded to the "game bringer" E-mail from Arcade Hall. Looking forward to getting the info.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Sorcerer. TOM is a snoozefest and everyone has played one.

Way to insult one of his games Dave! I find TOM very fun. But agree that you should bring sorcerer as I can't remember ever playing one.

#119 9 years ago

VIG ordered. Think I'll miss a few things as I have to work Friday. What time we eatin?

1 week later
    #126 9 years ago

WOO HOO!!! MGC bump! 5 days closer since the last bump. SCS Saturday, Wauna tourney around the corner and MGC to bring it all home! What a great time of the year for WI pinball! (and gaming)

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

SCS Saturday, Wauna tourney around the corner and MGC to bring it all home!

Quoted from Whysnow:

hey... don't forget WWE launch party!

Just because I went off topic, doesn't mean you can. I at least included MGC in my thought. Launch party has to prove itself first, just like Wauna and SCS.

Quoted from yancy:

Now I'm a few PMs and emails deep into the byzantine refund process.....I'm giving the MGC gang a little more grief than they deserve here

I'm glad you wrapped it up by admitting griefing them a bit. Although the system is STILL rough. I was nothing but satisfied with the refunds from last year after some jagoff fucked with a good thing. I even told them to keep the money from the network gaming room and clock chaos towards the costs. The rest I used to drown my sorrows from getting owned in the pinball tourney.

#131 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Dan,
    Thanks for you and your crew deciding to run this awesome show again, I appreciate it!
    Chris

Yes Dan! Thanks for any event that can bring Chris up to WI from his endless string of vacations.

1 month later
    #149 9 years ago

Talking with KingPin last night. I call dibs on the first case of water!! Getting super stoked for MGC.
    Also saw a license plate in a basement at league last night, it said, MGCBUS , it was Lance's so I pictured a VW microbus

3 weeks later
    #154 9 years ago

It's SO CLOSE I had a dream I was already there!

#157 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

I am fighting with myself to drive up Friday night and crash at a cousins house for the weekend.

I hope you win!

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

I don't want to sound like an ass. But do you really think Tim stumbles anywhere? Have you seen the size of that guy
    Trust me when he is laying on top, you can really feel all his manhood.

Damnit Chris!! That's disturbingly hilarious!!

#188 9 years ago

I've had to drive by the Sheraton 4 times for work today. I swear I can hear Tully calling me in.

I'm coming Tullster!! Be there soon!!

#212 9 years ago

This is MGC at 5AM.

image.jpgimage.jpg

So good that Fox 6 shows up 2 hours later!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

$100 says you should have been there

#218 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

So you were up at 5AM?

I've been up since 2PM Friday. Catching a power nap now before the after party.

#221 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Stupid iPhone isn't playing nice with pinside.

Pictures came up crystal clear on my phone.

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from animesuperj:

Huge thanks to Chris S. and Paul O. for the assistance with tearing down my games.

+1000!!

I was so exhausted by the end (mostly my fault ) that the help Chris and Paul provided meant the world to me! Thanks guys!

#300 9 years ago

I respect the opinions of those who say it was to crowded. I also have an opinion.
    I LOVE big crowds!! I feed off the energy of so many people having such a good time. I cut through a crowd like a hot knife through butter stopping in open spots to meet new people and move on just as quick.
    One of my favorite moments at this years event was cruising through the crowd and passing Killer Queen. I had never played it but blue team was short two players so I jumped in and learned as I went. We were still short a player so I glanced down a pin aisle and yelled for a friend to get his butt on the game! Then I taunted gold team. It was so much fun.
    And that's just one great memory. Nothing is ever perfect, but MGC is as close to perfect as I'll ever need.

#308 9 years ago

Thanks for the honorable mention Tully. Bigger props to Dan's father in law Steve who had to do it so many years by himself!!! That man is unstopable! He then went on to volunteer with Dan's parents at the entrance! Speaking of which, Dan, please relay how much I enjoyed meeting and talking to your folks. Great people!!

#392 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

It was considerably more than that, but I won't fight you on it. I would have pegged the number at about 100 at that time. Depends on what you wanted to play, I guess.

Have to agree with Dan on this one. Way more than 25 games when the power went off. Kingpin was even generous enough to leave The Hobbit on til 6:30 so my kids had something to do while I helped break down Doc Oct.

2 weeks later
    #412 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

wish i could have made the event this year. looked like a complete blast

Most definitely!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballken.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2015-april-11th-and-12th?tu=pinballken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.