5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 4 years ago

Said good bye to all my high scores. Going to get NVRAM installed in all my games at Robs booth

Also did some final tweeks to FS tonight. It's ready to go.

Can't wait for Friday!

image.jpg
    #315 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone who helps to out this show on! Another great success. My fourth? Year in a row attending with my kids

A few thoughts to make the show even better:

I would be happy to volunteer for a one or 2 hour slot to help walk around the arcade hall and prevent and abuse / misuse of games. Show is open 10 hours on Saturday could we get 40 guys who bring games to sign up for an hour and help watch the arcade hall? Each guy take 2 rows and get official staff t shirts. I think the general public would be more open to an official staff member offering a suggestion of "please don't slam your fists into the lockdown bar after each ball" than just some random dude.

Also, I think it would be nice to have these guys keep an eye out for games with issues, making sure the games don't get turned on prior to the owner coming out and fixing, and also walking up to the game with the game owner when people have to stop playing so an issue can be addressed.

I know there is staff in the hall. But due to the number of games and the growth of attendance. I think we as game bringers need to offer more help in this aspect.

A nice story to share:

On Sunday had a good chat with Jim from pin game journal. I was watching our 1 year old for an hour so my wife could go play some games. We talked about parenting for a bit and gave me some advice. Great to talk with him and glad to hear he is doing better

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

I saw this too...wtf. It's not going to hurt anything but it's a definite sign of disrespect.
    -c

No doubt. I don't want to get to negative but when I was trying to fix an issue with a game the group that was playing gave me the impression of strong entitlement that they weren't going to stop their game with a clear issue going on.

Which gets back to my point of the owners signing up for time to monitor and help with these situations.

I know folks look out for others games but if you were like me (I've heard a lot of this) you were not in the pinball room during most of the day Saturday. I was only in there from 10 to 10:30. At 4 to fix an issue, then brought my kids in from 7 to 8.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Boards
    PinSound
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 21.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nutshell79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside