Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Is there still a Saturday night party for people who bring games? If not, how late is the hall open? Trying to decide whether to bring a game and/or spend Saturday night at the hotel.

Absolutely. That will never die. Bring a machine. We'll make it as easy as possible. You will not regret sticking around for the party and staying at the hotel is the way to go.

The party is definitely the highlight of the show.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

I also booked a room for Friday night mostly for my own convenience. Definitely bringing something not quite sure yet. Is unloading Friday night still preferred or an option?

Sorry I missed this. Yes...bringing the game in Friday night is GREATLY preferred.

#103 9 years ago

Yea...duplicates happen but it isn't too bad. I think last year we had 4 Jurassic Parks there but that was partially on purpose for tournament use. We actually had 2 CSIs a year or two ago and joked that we had half the production run in the same room. But in general there are only a couple doubles and that's really not a problem with a couple hundred machines to choose from!

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Some pins should be brought in duplicate. Only one TAF, one TOM, one Simpsons PBP, and maybe 1 spiderman. Was always a line at TAF and TOM.

As much as that would be awesome, it kind of boils down to the fact that it isn't up to us. Trust me, if we had access to all the pins we could want, it would be fun to put together our own line-up. But reality is we are at the mercy of the awesome people who are willing to bring games. And from that standpoint I don't care if it's a well worn old wedgehead or the shiniest brand new Stern. As long as it's in good working order, we are happy and grateful to have it there.

2 months later
    #275 9 years ago

Posted this in the other thread, but wanted to cross post so everyone would see it...

Completely forgot to check CSI audits before the show (like always), but thanks to my fitbit I do have some personal audits, LOL.

Thursday: 9.72 miles
    Friday: 14.86 miles
    Saturday: 8.24 miles
    Sunday: 7.98 miles

Thanks to so many more helping hands this year, set-up and tear down went way easier than usual. Especially tear-down. Usually that's a nightmare but thanks to so many of you guys sticking around and helping others out, it was WAY easier than usual. I actually felt like a slacker last night, but everywhere I looked people were tag-teaming games and didn't need more help. For the first time we were actually on the way home while there was still a little light left in the sky. Way better than the usual 10pm-ish! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you guys who really stepped up to help us out this year!

Thanks,
    Chris

#361 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballnut3:

I liked the space. It was way more roomy then any other hobby "expo" I have been to.
    But as far as space, there was some space still available. It seemed the top part of the room with the three vendors and hobbit and TBL could of been more together. I dont know if there was space we could of moved the two vendors with no pins to another spot.
    I claim to know nothing only what I saw. I am sure there was reasons for it.
    One thing I know about MGC now. There are way millions of reason why things are the way they are. Dan's and crew are not stupid. It seems like they have brainstormed so many ideas before.

Good points here. There are/were good reasons for doing what was done in those areas this year, but we are definitely looking at better utilizing that space next year. It's already been discussed and it "on the list".

Keep the suggestions coming guys. Just because we've already looked at/tried many things doesn't mean we've gotten it all right yet. But I think we keep getting better. Thanks to everyone offering constructive criticism.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2015-april-11th-and-12th?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.