Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

So if I'm bringing a game, is there some way I can buy a discounted VIP weekend pass online, or do I order the $75 pass and get a $40 refund at the show? Sorry if this was spelled out elsewhere.

pm sent.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Good question. For now, email Keith. I'll get him a link hopefully tonight that will unlock Tom's and the VIG / Clock Chaos if you want to do that.

If there are others looking for this info, please send an email (along with your plans of what you're bringing! )to [email protected] and we'll get you those details.

Keith

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

Just out of curiosity, is there a process in place to make sure that attendees don't all bring the same machine? I mean it'd be cool to see three dozen TOTAN's, but doesn't really help if players are looking for a variety.
    Also, is it cool to put in requests? If so, I'd like to request Stargate. It is currently on my shortlist of machines that I am most interested in, but I have yet to actually play one.

Nothing formal. Sometimes someone will ask if someone is bringing an "x" when trying to figure out what to bring from their collection. We don't always know what people are bringing because a lot of times people don't know themselves. For example, right now I have no idea what I'm bringing myself. Sometimes I'll try to steer someone a certain way if I know the various games they have.

But, in general, it works itself out on its own.

Jaz

2 weeks later
    #134 9 years ago

If anyone is unable to get a room at the Sheraton due to being booked, here is a link to a partner hotel that has availability.

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/location/

Jaz

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I have some friends who are on the fence about going to MGC this year. If they do go, they would be going strictly for the tabletop gaming since they are not into pinball, arcade games, or classic video games. Would you say that there is enough to do and worth going to MGC (Saturday only) for someone who is only interested in board games and card games? The website doesn't have a lot of info about this, so I figured that I would ask here.

Definitely. Plus, one of the great things about MGC is you get exposed to all types of other things you've never imagined. Who knows, maybe they'll come out of MGC wanting to buy a pin?!? Stranger things have happened...

Jaz

1 month later
    #161 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

IMG_4681.JPG
    I'm ready for the afterparty.

I like you're mindset... you're going to lose...

#276 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

Posted this in the other thread, but wanted to cross post so everyone would see it...
    Completely forgot to check CSI audits before the show (like always), but thanks to my fitbit I do have some personal audits, LOL.
    Thursday: 9.72 miles
    Friday: 14.86 miles
    Saturday: 8.24 miles
    Sunday: 7.98 miles
    Thanks to so many more helping hands this year, set-up and tear down went way easier than usual. Especially tear-down. Usually that's a nightmare but thanks to so many of you guys sticking around and helping others out, it was WAY easier than usual. I actually felt like a slacker last night, but everywhere I looked people were tag-teaming games and didn't need more help. For the first time we were actually on the way home while there was still a little light left in the sky. Way better than the usual 10pm-ish! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you guys who really stepped up to help us out this year!
    Thanks,
    Chris

I could not have said it better myself.

If you brought a game to share - thank you.
    If you helped out other with loading, unloading or setup, thank you.
    If you did anything else in any way to help the show run smoother, thank you!

Jaz

#320 9 years ago

Flow/layout/paths definitely noted (by me as well). We will be working on improving that next year. As you know, we do the best we can and continually try to improve.

Thanks,
    Jaz

Quoted from ChrisS:

I tend to agree. The tourney area seems to be a pretty big bottleneck. I too walked around outside.
    I wonder if it moved back inside and took the wall that had Kingpin, spooky and others on it. You could then use the tables and such to set up and define that space.
    You could then make Kingpin and spooky the first row of accessible pins out from there. I think you could also shrink each aisle by about 6-10" and make up for that space inside the hall.
    This then leaves the hallway open to do a row of pins on the wall much like the VR cabs. It seemed like there was plenty of room in front of those for playing and walking through.
    I'm sure this has all been thought of and there are many reasons it is set-up the way they have it. I'M just throwing ideas at the wall to see if any stick.
    BTW: Jim did an amazing job with his staff in running the tourney. Comments from friends that were in it said that it ran on time and stayed very focused. Congrats on that one.
    Dan I'm happy to donate some self powered speakers on sticks if Jim feels there is benefit to help make announcements in the tourney area. Not sure if that gets distracting from a players perspective.
    Chris

#322 9 years ago

Dan already commented on this and I'll add a few more comments of my own.

First, other locations ARE looked at and considered. If there was a perfect answer, we'd be there. There are all kinds of tradeoffs that need to be considered and no place is going to be perfect. It might be space, it might be cost for electrical/etc, it might be how easy they are to work with (FYI, the Sheraton works with us VERY well), etc. We've already looked at the Waukesha Expo.. that has less space than the tent and no hotel within walking distance.

For the people who are reading this, the highlight of the show for most is the after-party. If we go to a non-hotel space, it is highly unlikely that we would be able to do an after-party like we do. In addition, those spaces have their own people that you must use and pay. So, even forgetting the $$$ part, it would completely change the show.

That said, those spaces are regularly revisited and discussed to see if something can be managed.

So, *please* don't think your concerns aren't being heard just because things don't change in your eyes. We listen, discuss, and consider everything we see and hear. We work very hard to make it the best show for everyone.

And it has been said already by Dan, Chris, Steve, and Eric, but I wanted to say it as well...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Without all you guys that lug your games out of your basement to the show, setup, keep them running, and then pack them up again and take them home on Sunday, the show would not exist.

Keith

Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I wonder if one of the local fairgrounds might have adequate space. Perhaps:
    http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/expo/
    Or if you're willing to go 30 minutes north, there's 50000 sq ft of space:
    http://www.wcfairpark.com/facilities/
    Not sure on prices, but I bet it could be done for much cheaper than the Sheraton + ginormous tent.

#337 9 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

Yup. My friend brought in multiple games that sold early. The people who bought them wanted them NOW, as in I bought it and I want it in my vehicle now. You can't penalize the seller for that. It's unfortunate, but it would probably be a lost sale if you told the buyer you can't take your new game until a later time.

FYI, there are shows that *do* prevent you from pulling a game or penalize the seller if they do (ie: fees, etc). We do not and hope to be able to continue that policy inevitably. The only new policy we implemented this year was that a game could not be pulled prior to 11am on Saturday (or pay a $100 removal fee). The reasons for that were explained in the email I sent out before the show.

Jaz

#346 9 years ago
    Quoted from damageinc55:

Maybe an additional small incentive to the buyers? Buy a machine, and get a free t-shirt (or whatever) at load out on Sunday...

THAT one I'm writing down...

Jaz

#348 9 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

There needs to be an annex room set aside for overflow / sold / broken games. I know that the staff required to pull this off would be considerable,

Heh - unfortunately, no such room available. We've talked about that kind of concept in the past but simply don't have the space to pull it off.

Jaz

#382 9 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

So I disagree with an idea and you call me close minded. Nice.
    Aren't we here to discuss these things? That's exactly what I was doing.
    I was doing a "what if" to his idea.... discussing how the idea of punishing or fining a person who brings in a game that "leaves early" is not a good idea in my book.

Actually, we *reward* people who bring games. The discussion topics I was hearing was not about punishing people for games leaving early. It was about them not getting the same level of rewards.

Jaz

2 weeks later
    #410 8 years ago

Yea, Scott wasn't sure what was going on with it. When he figured it out on Sunday morning, it was back on and able to played with a note about the funky upper flipper.

Jaz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2015-april-11th-and-12th?tu=jazman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.