Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

If me and my wife bring one game does only one of us get into the party?

Historically, that's the deal. One wristband per machine.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

thats what I though and kinda sucks or I need to rent a vehicle to move 2.

If you want to ferry one up to store at my place before the show some time, that'd be fine. I'm only 15 minutes from MGC and the extra trip is no problem.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I booked my room for Saturday night and would like to bring a game.
    Unfortunately I can't come fin Friday (due to work/family needs).
    Can I bring my pin Saturday before noon?
    Or should I try and find someone who can help transport it on Friday?
    (This is my first time bringing a pin to MGC.)
    -Ran

If it's coming in saturday, they want you there early - well before the show opens.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

A couple guys PMd me with some ideas. (thanks fellas!)
    I'm going to see if I can finagle something to get the game their before Saturday.
    Since I only have two pins does anyone have a preference?
    ️️Sorcerer or Theatre of Magic.
    Both are in fantastic shape since I'm pretty anal about keeping them as close to perfect as possible.

I'd vote sorcerer, simply because Theater is a longer playing game and at a crowded show more turnover means less standing around waiting.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Sounds like Sorcerer will be coming to MGC.
    Can't wait for you guys to play it.
    Possibly my favorite pin ever.
    Gonna get it nice and pretty with some new spinners I aquired from a "parts sale" and clean all the contacts/coils/sleeves so it plays even faster than it already does. And thanks to Tully and ralphwiggum's bulletproofing board work last year this game will be ready to turn you all into mortals.

Would recommend new balls before & after the show, too.

3 weeks later
    #142 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I have some friends who are on the fence about going to MGC this year. If they do go, they would be going strictly for the tabletop gaming since they are not into pinball, arcade games, or classic video games. Would you say that there is enough to do and worth going to MGC (Saturday only) for someone who is only interested in board games and card games? The website doesn't have a lot of info about this, so I figured that I would ask here.

What I remember from last year is a sizeable tabletop area at the back of the vendor "temporary structure" and an area by the bar that had a dinner and a game deal where you checked out a game and got a deal on a meal or something like that.

1 month later
    #159 9 years ago

Just going to throw this out again: For anybody not volunteering or attending the VIG events, you're welcome to come hang out at our place Friday for some pins and socializification. We're just 15 minutes south of the show down Moorland. Anytime between 3pm and midnight. Just shoot me a PM if you want to swing over.

Edit: Oh, and there's more games at my house than my profile shows. Not mine, but still playable.

#208 9 years ago

Can I go set up yet? Can I go set up yet? Can I do set up yet?

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

If you did anything else in any way to help the show run smoother, thank you!
    Jaz

I held a door open for Troy & Jessie. I'm awesome.

Oh wait, I also helped Jay throw the cash grab off a balcony. And threw some water out Rob Anthony's window.

Good times.

#291 9 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

Marco Specialties sucks! Wouldn't take show cash! WTH!? Hope they paid a huge amount to sponsor the show because that was just stupid.

What was up with that? Did they not understand the concept that they'd just have to trade it in for actual cash? Or were they just being a pain? Strange.

#400 9 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

2. Food trucks outside? It's an idea.
    3. Would love to see more part variety among the pinball/arcade vendors. Not practical to bring a ramp for pin game Xyz, but would have loved to have picked up some switches, etc. I should have ordered in advance from Marco & just picked it up there. Still, I have quite a few LEDs to work with now.

There's not any good place for food trucks to park in that parking lot, but with the hotel food & jersey mikes in the building, the mall food court in a reasonable distance, and several full restaurants on the mall property, I can't really say that's something I miss. TPF has food trucks, usually a variety, but they don't have the multitude of convenient other options or parking problems.

I can't blame the parts sellers for not humping huge amounts of inventory to shows. Rob Anthony takes a pretty big pile of various things, and there are still a constant stream of "Do you have ..." "No, sorry" in his room because there's just way too much to cover.

2 weeks later
    #407 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

What was up with TBL not working? I only tried to play it during the Saturday VIP party :/ but could not.

I think the upper flipper wasn't working 100% so people kept turning it off.

#409 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

It was weird, cuz it was on....but not free play, just credits...so maybe that was one way to keep people from playing?

Oh, I missed that. Weird.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2015-april-11th-and-12th?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.