5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There's not any good place for food trucks to park in that parking lot, but with the hotel food & jersey mikes in the building, the mall food court in a reasonable distance, and several full restaurants on the mall property, I can't really say that's something I miss.

Around here, there's a popular con called Convergence that runs for 4 days. There's a few places to eat next door, but many missed out on a lot of business not being open during said con. There were several thousand hungry people lookin' for food within walking distance.

I liked the sub room, as it was nice & quiet and the prices were really low. It beat having the food vendors in the hallways 2 years ago that made it quite crowded.

Had Rocky Rococo's Friday night, which did not settle with our stomachs well on Saturday.

#402 4 years ago

Hmm, let me think....there is a Fuddruckers and Qdoba inside that whole shopping center parking lot where MGC is held plus the food court in the mall which must have at least a dozen places, Champs and Outback steakhouse just a half mile south from the hotel on Moreland. I dunno....I drank more than I ate anyway...probably a bunch of other places too that I can't recall.

Edit----OOOOH! Kopps just west up Bluemound, that place is great!

Re-edit----Epthegeek had a nice spread of crackers/sausage/cheese platter when I stopped there friday night.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

1. Different spot for the pinball tournaments. It was a choke point to get to the arcade. Perhaps a separate room for the tourneys with tables & chairs to relax?

We have no extra rooms. If we did, I would have filled them ten times over.

Having said that, the door before the pinball tournaments was open all weekend, so you never HAD to walk through there. I was actually sort of baffled, last year we did the same set up and didn't have major issues, this year it seemed that everyone wanted to walk through there all the time. I don't know if there is a better solution to this right now, but it's on the radar.

Quoted from s1500:

2. Food trucks outside? It's an idea.

The discussion for a number of years has been to essentially create another tent that would be a music and food tent, and you saw some of the starts of that this year with the MGC Music stage. There are lots of problems with this however, and I'd be lying if I thought that would happen in 2016.

Quoted from s1500:

3. Would love to see more part variety among the pinball/arcade vendors. Not practical to bring a ramp for pin game Xyz, but would have loved to have picked up some switches, etc. I should have ordered in advance from Marco & just picked it up there. Still, I have quite a few LEDs to work with now.

It's always tough to know what to bring to sell, and I can say that as a video game vendor. A few years ago, we brought a TON of 2600 games to sell (probably 500ish), and we sold literally two all weekend. The following year, we brought about 25, sold all but one and had people asking us for more all weekend. I think if anything, pinball parts are even harder to bring due to the specific nature. I still managed to get some stuff though

Having said that, if there are any parts vendors you would like to see there, I'd suggest contacting them and asking them if they would consider going, and then support the ones that do show up when they arrive.

#404 4 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Yeah, that's not gonna work, since the great majority of games are for sale.
    I agree with being upset about turning off a sold game. That's just rude. As far as I'm concerned, if a game sits off or broken for more than a couple of hours, it needs to be removed from the floor. I know we've been getting pretty stacked on space lately. There needs to be an annex room set aside for overflow / sold / broken games. I know that the staff required to pull this off would be considerable, but there's nothing worse than having a tight show and seeing a dozen games that are literally taking up space and not providing any entertainment. We all have our contact info on each game, so it should be pretty simple to notify an owner that a game is off / down and will be removed in 60 minutes if not attended to and replaced with an overflow game. Sticker dot the game with a time and start the clock.
    Case in point: Atari Toobin'. I brought mine this weekend, and was sort of surprised to see another one at the show already - but it was sold, and turned off (9:30pm Friday night) and remained that way all weekend. My buddy's Neo Geo mini cabinet (as well as a couple of really cool Nintendo cabarets we brought) was left outside the hall unplugged due to space constraints. That Toobin' as well as about a dozen other machines should have been removed if the owner (old or new) wasn't willing or able to power them on.
    Yes, I'm one of those Twin Cities, MN guys that has a 6 hour drive home. 2:00pm is pretty much the max for me on Sunday afternoon. Next year I'm going to take Friday/Monday off to cater to the show better.
    I spent the better part of Saturday mid-day assisting with a few show-related activities for Dan. I rigged up a splitter adapter for Dan's NBA Showtime cab to output video to a spare monitor for the Bango kids play event on stage, and assisted with shuttling kids to the stage. That was really fun to see. Later, I ran over to the NES tournament area and assisted with the Tetris / SMB contests. A few hours after that, I spent a bunch of time walking the rows in the arcade hall surveying the games' condition - I spotted a half dozen owners working on various issues and jumped in to assist with broken wireforms, posts, power supplies, etc. Power cycled a few games to clear errors, and offered iPhone flashlight support to those doing surgery
    Water was clutch - that HAS to be present again next year. Thanks for that.
    Boo to the douche who spilled on the Primal Rage II. That guy should have gotten a beat down.
    Fantastic show, and kudos to those who worked hard to pull it off. We are putting on the best expo in the Midwest IMHO. Looking forward to next year!

The"other" toobin was one I brought. Although it sold early the buyer was leaving it in the show. But we did not shut it off. Someone from the show did and turned it sideways saying that it caused congestion. I also had 1 other of the 25 games I brought go down early, gyruss, we replaced the power supply and it blew it also do there was nothing more I could do that day. I even asked if they wanted me to move those two into the hall way and was told to just leave them.

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

um... you do realize that the game room was not open on Friday night unless you were VIG and even then it was supposed to be only chaos and golf.

Had the VIG pass, but didn't know the game room was only open for the tournaments. There were a few games up and running outside of the tournament areas that were sectioned off which we played.

I usually don't have a chance to get to MGC early enough to take part in any Friday night stuff due to the 6 hour drive to get there, but took off a day and drove through a snow storm to make it

2 weeks later
    #406 4 years ago

What was up with TBL not working? I only tried to play it during the Saturday VIP party :/ but could not.

#407 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

What was up with TBL not working? I only tried to play it during the Saturday VIP party :/ but could not.

I think the upper flipper wasn't working 100% so people kept turning it off.

#408 4 years ago

It was weird, cuz it was on....but not free play, just credits...so maybe that was one way to keep people from playing?

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

It was weird, cuz it was on....but not free play, just credits...so maybe that was one way to keep people from playing?

Oh, I missed that. Weird.

#410 4 years ago

Yea, Scott wasn't sure what was going on with it. When he figured it out on Sunday morning, it was back on and able to played with a note about the funky upper flipper.

Jaz

#411 4 years ago

wish i could have made the event this year. looked like a complete blast

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

wish i could have made the event this year. looked like a complete blast

Most definitely!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 89.00
    Boards
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside