5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jonogo
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

11121778_810866758993303_2674784941397998607_n.jpg
    dunk-tank-14.jpg
    image-184.jpg
    image-491.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-216.jpg
    image-676.jpg
    image-836.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-190.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0962.jpg
    IMAG0964.jpg
    IMAG0961.jpg
    keep-calm-and-knock-on-wood-1.png
    image.jpg

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 5 years ago

We're back and better than ever April 11th and 12th! You can book your room, pre-order your tickets, and check out our new VIG Pre-Show Event starting... now!

Visit http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com to check it out and book now.

A few answers to questions we might receive:

Q. What happened to Clock Chaos?

A. Long story short, the state of Wisconsin has some horrible laws on the books, and the only way to retain this competition was to fold it into what is more or less a mini-show Friday night. The cons - the party costs more and we can't pay out anything for prizes. The pros - you'll get fed, and we're going to do a lot of other stuff Friday night so even if you don't want to play in Clock Chaos, it will be worth it.

Q. I'm bringing a game, do I get Friday night for free?

A. Unfortunately, no. Friday night is costing us a LOT to put together, so there won't be any comp tickets for it. However, if you are bringing a machine contact us and we'll gladly make it so that you are ONLY paying for Friday night. We're hoping to continue some free activities like we have in the past, so if you don't want to take part in that event, there will still be some activities to do.

Q. Tom's Open House says that it isn't yet confirmed. What gives?

A. Tom has to double check the dates, but we didn't want to go through the process of starting sales, and then in a few weeks going back and saying, "Oh hey, we're adding this!" We all hope it works out, so we put it up there. The plan if it works out is that the hours will move earlier so that if you can do both Tom's and the Friday Night Activities without overlapping.

Q. Can I wait to reserve things?

A. We sold out of hotel rooms, Tom's Open House tickets, and Brewer's Tailgate tickets months before the show last year, and we expect the same to occur this year. We'd suggest booking all of these things as soon as possible.

Q. What is the benefit to ordering single day admission?

A. This year, all pre-ordered tickets will allow the ticket-holder early access to limited portions of the show. There will be a further announcement about this in the upcoming weeks!

Q. I want to help! What can I do?

A. Contact me through here or whatever and tell me what you're looking to do. The Midwest Gaming Classic continues to exist not because of Gary or I, but because of the people that push us by bringing amazing things to the show to share with the world. In fact, without the extra work of certain people, the show probably wouldn't have returned in 2015. We'd love to have a hand from you!

Another thing you can do that is even simpler is just to follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MGCgaming Share the news with your friends. The show only exists because of people like you!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Thanks to all, and feel free to post any questions about the show here, I'll do my best to monitor and reply!

#2 5 years ago

AWESOME !

#3 5 years ago

If I am bringing a pin, and want to get into the pin hall on Friday night, do I need to purchase the $75 VIG ticket? I normally help Whysnow with Clock Chaos, then hang for a bit in the hall before turning in. Trying to figure out what option I need to go with for tickets.

Can't wait to attend MGC in 2015!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

If I am bringing a pin, and want to get into the pin hall on Friday night, do I need to purchase the $75 VIG ticket? I normally help Whysnow with Clock Chaos, then hang for a bit in the hall before turning in.

No. Theoretically, the arcade hall is supposed to be closed Friday night and we are not changing that. There is a TON of action in there to get things set up, and while the hallway outside the arcade hall will be open (with Clock Chaos there), the hall will not be.

If you are helping to run Clock Chaos and not participating in the other events, you would not need a ticket. If you want a ticket though and are bringing a machine, it will only be a $35 cost. This is to cover us with additional hotel expenses for bringing in additional people, staffing the actual event, food, the lapel pins, and so on. We hope to make it really worth doing no matter what however, so keep your eyes on what else we announce for it. It's much easier to do some really unique things when the show is limited to, say, 200 people than it is when there is 4000+ there.

#5 5 years ago

Room booked....bringing IronMan for sure.....maybe Golden Eye too.

edit---no goldeneye for sure-sold it

#6 5 years ago

Cool, but it is not easy to find anything about the VIG or Friday night information on the site.
    Looking at the more info pages on tickets, clock chaos still has payouts listed.
    Please tell me how to navigate your site to VIG and Fri night info.
    Thanks!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

Cool, but it is not easy to find anything about the VIG or Friday night information on the site.
    Looking at the more info pages on tickets, clock chaos still has payouts listed.
    Thanks!

What game are you bringing?

#8 5 years ago

Room booked. Not sure what pin to bring yet. Maybe Avatar LE, TWD Pro or Met Pro. Have yet to play Golden Eye, bring it Flank!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

Thanks!

Guess you are just worried about getting 12-year-olds disqualified from IFPA tournaments... Hard to concentrate hey?

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

Room booked. Not sure what pin to bring yet. Maybe Avatar LE, TWD Pro or Met Pro. Have yet to play Golden Eye, bring it Flank!

Quoted from MnHotRod:

TWD fo sho! Worst case scenario we can run back to my house and play some GE!

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trophybeeyautch:

Guess you are just worried about getting 12-year-olds disqualified from IFPA tournaments... Hard to concentrate hey?

I don't make the rules and gladly the tournament director made a different call than what I expected. We got to play the game out in full.

I am not bringing any games most likely. Bringing games isn't part of the VIG package that you purchase.

If you guys (cf and wife) don't want people out of state to come, keep being jerks on the forums. I am trying to once again help Dan make the site easier to navigate for people that are interested in finding out information.

I don't know what your beef is with me really, but do what you need to do.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

I don't make the rules and gladly the tournament director made a different call than what I expected. We got to play the game out in full.
    I am not bringing any games most likely. Bringing games isn't part of the VIG package that you purchase.
    If you guys (cf and wife) don't want people out of state to come, keep being jerks on the forums. I am trying to once again help Dan make the site easier to navigate for people that are interested in finding out information.
    I don't know what your beef is with me really, but do what you need to do.

King-of-all-Douchebags.jpg

#13 5 years ago

MGC : a place to make new friends,meet old friends, and just play pinball and arcade games for 3 days

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eemanjaymes:

MGC : a place to make new friends,meet old friends, and just play pinball and arcade games for 3 days

I could not have said it better Ian!

#15 5 years ago

Room booked and glad Chaos did not get axed by the state!
    Gonna be another great year!!!

Likely bringing some of my more rare games to share. Maybe RoboWar and Night moves?

#16 5 years ago

VIG info links in the cart right now, clock chaos isn't supposed to be linked at all, so I'll remove that when I get a chance.

We'll be announcing a lot more in the upcoming weeks, it's just thanks to circumstances beyond our control, we were / are late announcing the whole show, so we wanted to get that out there.

Chaos rules are the same, just no payouts.

#17 5 years ago

Updated Clock Chaos instead of de-linked it, or at least I think I did. Thanks for the help.

And to everyone with some sort of issue, it's pinball. Take it to another thread, please!

#18 5 years ago

Room booked. Will have to miss most of Friday due to prior committment. Will bring 2 games, not sure which ones yet.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

King-of-all-Douchebags.jpg 10 KB

we have a *new* KOADB? Un-possible.

#20 5 years ago

Anyone in the clockchaos crew that will be in again for this year, please contact me offline.

Just need to know whom is "IN" again.

#21 5 years ago

Booked my room as well. I don't want to miss The Horse Head.

Chris

#22 5 years ago

Room booked! Hope it's close to Conrad and the Beard Bros' room. That room was STOCKED last time!!

#23 5 years ago

Room booked. Not sure what pins yet.

#24 5 years ago

Well I know Strikes and Spares will be going since it's my permanent garage game.

I think I'll bring a couple others. Might be time to buy that trailer I've always wanted.

Chris

3 weeks later
    #25 5 years ago

Room booked and tickets purchased. I have to say that the ticket ordering process was very smooth this year and I received my email confirmation right away.

#26 5 years ago

looking forward to MGC already!

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Booked my room as well. I don't want to miss The Horse Head.
    Chris

zomg you are coming?!!

I think I'll be bringing LWJP, the most rarest game of allllllll

Room booked. This falls on my bday, every year!! woot! Best bday present ever.

#28 5 years ago

Booked my room already, had a great time last year and met some great people. Hopefully I'll have a few games to bring.

#29 5 years ago

What did you change this year about the preorder tickets? Last year I paid ahead of time to get in faster, but the guys who paid at the door got in way faster than I did.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

What did you change this year about the preorder tickets? Last year I paid ahead of time to get in faster, but the guys who paid at the door got in way faster than I did.

There was a relatively small amount of people that were affected by this last year, but it is something we're well aware of and have about seven different things in place already to make sure that doesn't happen again. The reasoning for what happened to be completely honest is my mom, who was trying to do everything right, got confused when I had to run somewhere else and stopped checking in people the way that she was supposed to, making the process go from about 3 seconds per person to about 45 seconds per person. When I returned (I was gone for about 20 minutes), we immediately fixed the process and everyone else got in really quickly after that. I'm sorry you were in that middle time.

At the end of the day, as I've told other people, it's my mom and she's a volunteer, so I'm not angry at her (How could I be? I wouldn't be here without her!), but it's definitely something that we will be fixing.

There will be some announcements soon about exactly what new fixes we have put in place, but I will also remind you that if you are around Friday night, we have checked in about half of our presales the night before so they are ready to go no matter what, and that won't be changing this coming year. We're wrapping up the rest of the changes and hope to announce within the next two weeks.

#31 5 years ago

Booked my room and now got to see what family members are coming before ordering tickets.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

The reasoning for what happened to be completely honest is my mom, who was trying to do everything right, got confused when I had to run somewhere else and stopped checking in people the way that she was supposed to

So amazing that your mom volunteers to help make the show happen. Your a lucky man.

chris

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

So amazing that your mom volunteers to help make the show happen. Your a lucky man.

Agreed. And to be really honest with people, she was the only one nice enough to step up to bother with pre-sale tickets Saturday morning as a volunteer and try leading the charge. I was supposed to also be there, but we had an emergency that I had to go deal with that took me off property for about 20 minutes, and that's when stuff hit the fan. My mom felt horrible when I got back, and so did I, but we got it sorted out.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Agreed. And to be really honest with people, she was the only one nice enough to step up to bother with pre-sale tickets Saturday morning as a volunteer and try leading the charge. I was supposed to also be there, but we had an emergency that I had to go deal with that took me off property for about 20 minutes, and that's when stuff hit the fan. My mom felt horrible when I got back, and so did I, but we got it sorted out.

Dan, hit me up through a PM. Since I'm grabbing a room this year I can pitch in Saturday morning for a couple of hours if you need someone to run a counter or something. Just means I will have to slow roll it Friday night.

chris

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Dan, hit me up through a PM. Since I'm grabbing a room this year I can pitch in Saturday morning for a couple of hours if you need someone to run a counter or something. Just means I will have to slow roll it Friday night.

Awesome, will do - a few other people actually have already stepped up too, so it should be completely taken care of even if we don't do anything else we've already planned to do to also help fix it

If I don't PM you soon, please PM me. I need to put together the volunteer spreadsheet - usually I do that in January, but I LOVE having to do it in November

#36 5 years ago

Thank you all that make this event truly amazing. MGC helped get me into pinball.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Just means I will have to slow roll it Friday night.

Then we are definitely fast rolling it Saturday night!

3 weeks later
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

We just announced this yesterday and I wanted to stop by and address it here right away...

If you pre-order this year, you get in either day to select activities 30 minutes early. Saturday, the vendor hall will open at 9:30 for pre-orders only. On Sunday, the gaming museum and Star Worlds Arcade areas will open 30 minutes early. This way, if you show up early, you'll be guaranteed to get in before the people who didn't pre-order.

You can also pick up both day tickets on Friday night to completely skip the line Saturday morning! And, we'll have a lot more information about the VIG Pre-Party Friday night (which includes the only way to participate in Clock Chaos!) soon, as well as an update about Tom's Open House, which is going to move earlier so that you can do both Tom's and the Pre-Party with no conflict!

#39 5 years ago

Look towards the announcements. May just be able to make it out that way this next year.

3 weeks later
    #40 5 years ago

I also booked a room for Friday night mostly for my own convenience. Definitely bringing something not quite sure yet. Is unloading Friday night still preferred or an option?

4 weeks later
    #41 5 years ago

Is there still a Saturday night party for people who bring games? If not, how late is the hall open? Trying to decide whether to bring a game and/or spend Saturday night at the hotel.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Is there still a Saturday night party for people who bring games? If not, how late is the hall open? Trying to decide whether to bring a game and/or spend Saturday night at the hotel.

Absolutely. That will never die. Bring a machine. We'll make it as easy as possible. You will not regret sticking around for the party and staying at the hotel is the way to go.

The party is definitely the highlight of the show.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

I also booked a room for Friday night mostly for my own convenience. Definitely bringing something not quite sure yet. Is unloading Friday night still preferred or an option?

Sorry I missed this. Yes...bringing the game in Friday night is GREATLY preferred.

#44 5 years ago

Agreed. Saturday Evening game bringer party is one of the bet pinball experiences ever. It was made even better last year since they had security to make sure it is really a special thing for game bringers! So much fun!

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

If you want a ticket though and are bringing a machine, it will only be a $35 cost. This is to cover us with additional hotel expenses for bringing in additional people, staffing the actual event, food, the lapel pins, and so on.

So if I'm bringing a game, is there some way I can buy a discounted VIP weekend pass online, or do I order the $75 pass and get a $40 refund at the show? Sorry if this was spelled out elsewhere.

#46 5 years ago

If me and my wife bring one game does only one of us get into the party?

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

If me and my wife bring one game does only one of us get into the party?

Historically, that's the deal. One wristband per machine.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Historically, that's the deal. One wristband per machine.

thats what I though and kinda sucks or I need to rent a vehicle to move 2.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

So if I'm bringing a game, is there some way I can buy a discounted VIP weekend pass online, or do I order the $75 pass and get a $40 refund at the show? Sorry if this was spelled out elsewhere.

pm sent.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

thats what I though and kinda sucks or I need to rent a vehicle to move 2.

Yeah, 1 writband per game has been the standard in the past.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.95
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 20.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 249.00
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside