Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by goatdan
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD3.JPG
    Subtle_butt.jpeg
    P1010289.JPG
    mind-blown-o.gif
    announcement.png
    There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Wow... does that sound gross...

It really does!

It's actually pretty tasty though, not pizza, but tasty. Like most regional specialties though, it's probably an acquired taste.

Come visit and I'll hook you up too.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Wow... does that sound gross...

it's not the worst thing i've tasted. It was barely better than those cheap frozen pizzas you get 7" for .89 cents. Barely.

#203 10 years ago

First year attending - really looking forward to a weekend of pinball!

#204 10 years ago
    Quoted from supercombo:

First year attending - really looking forward to a weekend of pinball!

It's a great time. You will not be disappointed.

#205 10 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Only thing left to arrange is my jug of wine!

I suppose I can drive you to that liquor store again.

Room booked as well.

#206 10 years ago

Busting our butts with updates, we're headed to the Sheraton tomorrow to talk yet another major Doc Oct upgrade... Also, someone pointed out recently we didn't have reward information up... we now do:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-your-arcade-machines/

Sorry for being late on that, until someone earlier this week pointed out it wasn't up, I thought it was! We're hoping to really fill the room this year... and with any luck, we'll have some cool additional party announcements too.

#207 10 years ago

Great news everyone, Hilton will be developing fart mufflers for this years event. Shall be the best MGC ever!

Subtle_butt.jpegSubtle_butt.jpeg

#208 10 years ago

Uhm... wow. Just... wow.

#209 10 years ago

We may need to hand those out along with some mini-deodorant sticks.

#210 10 years ago

This sign should be placed on all entrance doors.

CD3.JPGCD3.JPG

#211 10 years ago

Dan <> Just tried to buy my weekend pass but when trying to "add person" or "add to cart" nothing happens for me???

the "adult" box jiggles but nothing... Keep getting an error message telling me I need to add a person but it wont let me add a person...

Site seems to be really struggling???

Just a little feedback, but this sees to be a common issue and I remember having troubles last year also. Very frustrating.

#212 10 years ago

I'd also like to get in on Tom's, but can't seem to sign up, either. Maybe this has been answered, but if we're bringing a game, are we supposed to sign up for a weekend pass on the site?

#213 10 years ago

I was able to order my tickets. But when I got my email there wasn't a link to print them out.

#214 10 years ago

Hilton,

I was having the same problem and figured this out: After you click on "Adult", you have to click on the name again to turn the name button from white to gray and then you can add it to the cart. Once I did that, I was able to order my tickets. I forwarded this information to Dan and he was going to have the website guy take a look at it.

#215 10 years ago

The web site guy is actually Gary, the other show organizer. We've been slammed with stuff, but are working through a list. I have to meet with some officials from the city of Brookfield later today about the show. Yeesh.

Anyway, shouldn't be the same issues Hilton - it's a brand new web site. We're learning usability things about it and working on them as much as we can, but I've literally got a laundry list two pages long of stuff to update on it right now. At the same time, my house is being rebuilt starting today from a flood, I've had a nasty cold, and I have a ton of stuff due at work.

It *will* *all* happen I promise, just not quite as quickly as I think we'd all like.

As for bringing a machine, you do not need to get show tickets, you'll get them when you arrive. If you want to order anything else that needs a two-day ticket (including Tom's), contact us through the site and we'll send you a link to do so.

Thanks, and any other ideas anyone sees with the site, or for that matter anything you find that isn't working perfectly, PM me or contact us and we'll add it to the list. The plan right now is to get a lot done on it tomorrow night, and I SO appreciate the support, the last couple weeks have been really tough for me (but REALLY good for the show!)

#216 10 years ago

I probably had the same problem as Hilton, that seems to be a conflict with Chrome. Firefox seems to be working.

#217 10 years ago

Sorry Dan, no offense meant for Gary. Didn't know he was wearing both caps, but it makes sense you both would have to wear many.

#218 10 years ago

No problem, no offense taken at all.

I was just pointing it out because things have been so crazy this last week, I've been out at the Sheraton three times in the last six days, and while honestly the public face of the show is insanely important, the only thing that could keep it from it is making sure that our emergency plans are okay with those people that need to approve them and we aren't going to start a fire with a new electric grid, and so on.

With any luck, I'm greatly hoping that over the next few days, I'm able to focus on getting a lot of the web site stuff answered. I do a lot of the content for it, Gary does anything that money touches. The joke that's also basically true is that he makes all the money for the show (he handles ticket sale stuff, vendors, etc) and I spend it all, since I handle content It works for us

#219 10 years ago

Made some huge Web updates already today, hoping to finish a lot up tonight. Check it out, and if you see anything wrong, tell me!

#220 10 years ago

Reserved a room last week. I won't be bringing anything though as my games aren't worthy of being on public display that and its an excuse to have room in the explorer for a pin.
    I went the year before last with a friend that ended up not playing any game the whole time and just hanging around at the bar. I remember him telling me later on about this guy he was talking to at the bar and me realizing the guy was walter day and had he no idea who walter was. So i'll be going alone this time.
    LMK if anyone going has a Monopoly for sale.

#221 10 years ago

would love to see your stellar wars or gold ball! I have never seen or played either of them before!
    Plenty of room for more pins this year so we should all try to do our part to fill it up with new and interesting titles.

#222 10 years ago

Here is a clip it of an email that was just sent out................

Despite the fact that those of us in the midwest are buried in a deep
    freeze, the Midwest Gaming Classic is rapidly approaching. This years
    show is only 2 1/2 months away and is shaping up to be the best one yet.
    I know that some of you are already aware of the significant changes
    happening at the show this year. But for those that aren't, here's some
    of the details!

This year's show is once again returning to the Sheraton hotel in
    Brookfield. But, we are adding more than 10,000 sq. ft. of show space.
    How are we doing this? There will be a temporary structure erected on
    the west side of the hotel (ie: down the sloping hallway from the former
    arcade hall location).

Wait, did I just say former location?

Why yes I did! The vendor hall will be moving into the new facilities
    and the arcade hall will be moving into the former vendor hall. So,
    this will give us more room to set up all those amazing games you guys
    bring to share with us all! But, this will also create a ton of new
    logistical challenges for your arcade hall assistants. So, please be
    gentle with us!

#223 10 years ago

That is great news about the vendors hall.

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Made some huge Web updates already today, hoping to finish a lot up tonight. Check it out, and if you see anything wrong, tell me!

I couldn't get the site to work on any browser today either. Chrome, Firefox or IE. Got the same field form "jiggling" as mentioned before and couldn't add anyone.

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

"jiggling" as mentioned before

might need to get that checked...

#226 10 years ago

Nuts, thought we got it.

It should work something like this:

You add the name of people coming to the show. They'll show up below.

After you do this, you click the names of the people and then "add to cart" whatever it is you're getting.

If that isn't working, can you PM me in detail exactly what's going on and we can look at it? If that makes it work, it means we need to clarify the process somewhat. No matter what, not cool - and we just spent a few hours looking at it too

#227 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Nuts, thought we got it.
    It should work something like this:
    You add the name of people coming to the show. They'll show up below.
    After you do this, you click the names of the people and then "add to cart" whatever it is you're getting.
    If that isn't working, can you PM me in detail exactly what's going on and we can look at it? If that makes it work, it means we need to clarify the process somewhat. No matter what, not cool - and we just spent a few hours looking at it too

I just got it to work once, but I can't get it to work again. I tried to see if I could replicate success, but no go.

#228 10 years ago

PMing you in 3...2...1...

#229 10 years ago

So, amusing story...

In October, my upstairs toilet overflowed clean water for 11 hours. Sucks, but is what it is. Major renovation finally started today (argh), but because of that we were told to find a hotel for two nights. The MGC Sheraton is the closest hotel to our house, so we went there.

My son walked in and got super excited, and then said, "Mom, it's time for us to go play in the pinball room! PUH-LEASE! I am ready to go! I want to play the pinball!"

My wife explained that wasn't this weekend, and then Ben said, "So this place isn't just the Midwest Guh... uh... Classic?"

He went from being super excited about staying here to pretty darn sad.

In good news, the hotel had a major renovation, and it looks outstanding now. Brand new carpets everywhere, the restaurant was completely redone... looks super nice!

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

He went from being super excited about staying here to pretty darn sad.

You were probably pretty sad too. Be able to play all that pinball and not have to run everything.

LTG : (

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You were probably pretty sad too. Be able to play all that pinball and not have to run everything.
    LTG : (

Heh, that would have been great

It was funny, my wife was trying to explain to him that I was the person that organized the show, and he wasn't having that at all either.

#232 10 years ago

A few things...

We spent a while updating ticketing last night and we think we have cleared up about 75% of the issues. We're working on the rest, and may end up changing how ticketing works even further. The other 25% of the issues we hope to hit tonight. If anyone is still having issues, PM me and we'll get it looked at immediately.

We officially announced Clock Chaos, Up To Par, and the MPC 10-Packs for Friday night. If you want in for these, do so ASAP, as again, last year all three of them sold out. New this year, you select your time slot when you order, so you know immediately that you got the right time.

Finally, we woke up this morning, and my son asked if they would have the pinball set up today. He's still horribly disappointed about it all.

#233 10 years ago

Can you get the flyers and banner ads added soon? http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/get-involved/ Getting a little late to not have those up. I inserted flyers into my customers orders that lived in the upper midwest last year and will again this year if you get those up. I also ran the banner ads on a couple of my sites.

#234 10 years ago

Those should actually be up later today. There has been a lot of city stuff we've sort of been stuck doing, which is why it seems some stuff is moving slower, sorry.

1 month later
    #235 10 years ago

I see the Flyers just went up in the last 24hrs. Thank you, just printed one off and sent it in an order to Oshkosh.

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from HamsterHerder:

I see the Flyers just went up in the last 24hrs. Thank you, just printed one off and sent it in an order to Oshkosh.

Yeah, sorry - that was some sort of error. I put up the flyers, and then the next night the guy who did our web banners accidentally overwrote them when he put up the web banners

Starting to get close! Hotel has less than 10 rooms left last I checked, Tom's Open House is almost sold out, Clock Chaos is almost sold out, and I'm pretty sure that we've got about 200 arcade machines confirmed so far... but need way more!

#237 10 years ago

How is Tom's open house not sold out? Best kept secret in pinball? If you enjoy electromechanical games, GO TO TOM'S! You will not regret it.

#238 10 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, sorry - that was some sort of error. I put up the flyers, and then the next night the guy who did our web banners accidentally overwrote them when he put up the web banners
    Starting to get close! Hotel has less than 10 rooms left last I checked, Tom's Open House is almost sold out, Clock Chaos is almost sold out, and I'm pretty sure that we've got about 200 arcade machines confirmed so far... but need way more!

By arcade do you mean pinball and video? I am going over to my buddy's hoist today to see what we should bring.

#239 10 years ago

Yes, pins and video combined.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2014-dates-confirmed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.