(Topic ID: 44508)

MGC 2013 update thread

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

43.jpg
    photo.JPG
    starwarskid.jpg
    20130324_221626.jpg
    20130324_221621.jpg
    20130324_221615.jpg
    20130324_220839.jpg
    20130324_210946.jpg
    20130324_210936.jpg
    IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4363.JPG
    IMG_4357.JPG
    IMG952013032395145556.jpg
    P3242337.JPG
    There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

Thanks to everyone for bringing games, I focused primarily on those I hadn't played before, but also inevitably gravitated towards some old favorites. My Flash unfortunately did not make it through... I had intended on bringing Space Shuttle, but just couldn't get it going in time.

Great seeing the familiars, and also meeting a few new people! It's a shame it's over, enter depression.

I really wish I could have seen the progress since Expo... When I came by it looked pretty crammed in the room, if we weren't on a tight schedule at that point, I definitely would have waited for it to clear a little bit. Hopefully it will be making another appearance at another event, I'll make sure I don't miss it again if it does!

Yeah, that game was a lot of fun and looks amazing, thanks for bringing it!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

signed by Richie

I wish I had thought about this... I always feel a bit weird approaching someone for an autograph, but both he and Nordman seem to be really nice guys.

#52 11 years ago

I wish I had thought about this... I always feel a bit weird approaching someone for an autograph, but both he and Nordman seem to be really nice guys.

they were all (ritchie, nordman, charlie, ben) really easy to talk to... it was almost like they were actual human beings and not gods

20130324_210936.jpg20130324_210936.jpg 20130324_210946.jpg20130324_210946.jpg 20130324_220839.jpg20130324_220839.jpg 20130324_221615.jpg20130324_221615.jpg 20130324_221621.jpg20130324_221621.jpg 20130324_221626.jpg20130324_221626.jpg

#53 11 years ago

Also enjoyed Hiltons' fish tales . He came over to say hi later saturday night when I had a chance to play his game, congrats on the award. Good to see a nice blend of ages at mgc and the after party. Thanks to every one who brought games, enjoyed playing the Tron , swords of fury, grand lizard, woz, Tommy; games I had not played before. Met another pinsider at the afterparty when he was adjusting a slingshot on his tron and did not even realize it. Great time had by all, thanks Dan and all involved , started going when still at olympia and it just keeps getting better.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I really wish I could have seen the progress since Expo... When I came by it looked pretty crammed in the room, if we weren't on a tight schedule at that point, I definitely would have waited for it to clear a little bit. Hopefully it will be making another appearance at another event, I'll make sure I don't miss it again if it does!

As I mentioned before MGC, I don't plan on taking it out to any more shows again in the future. MGC was kind of a last hurrah. I'm not opposed to making arrangements for people to stop over to the house and check it out, but I won't likely be dragging it out of the basement again.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The hall looks full to me, but I am sure we will find the room to fit more as there will be lots showing up today. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of vids this year and it seems lots of OPs have brought crap vids that they are trying to sell for too much >> then again, I am biased an would prefer if the hall was only pinballs. We have done lots of juggling to continue to move vids into the hallways and smaller spaces to make more room for pins. Don't get me wrong here >> still lots of pins >> I just wish it was even more.
    Overall, lots of good quality pins and a wide variety so far! Looking forward to actually playing some games today. Also noticed lots more pins setup at vendor spots which is nice because it spreads things out so you can play almost everywhere it seems.
    The SIGMA display in my FT seems to be a hit. Almost everyone thus far has said how it looks much better than they had expected and that videos/pics just do not do it justice.
    I had ROb install his new NVRAM into my FT and it is sweet. Works just like it should and NO MORE BATTERIES!!! I will be installing in every game that I own whenever I pull a board to work on it. It is a no brainer for me.
    Already meeting new friends and also stoked to hang out with old ones

This is a bullshit statement to make, its your opinion, but it shows that you have no appreciation for the show in my opinion. I brought 12 vids to the show, 7 of them were dedicated machines in good to fair shape, Did they have a hodgepodge of color powder coating, no, but i took alot more effort to get my 12 vids there than you did to get your FT there.
    As for the vids in the main room, maybe you should understand a little more about the show, it is not a pinball show, its all games. And for them to be in the main room, Dan at first had all tweleve of my vids in the main room, and i saw some nice pins in the hall and asked Steve to move some of my pins out so that the pinball magic, whitewater and a few others could go in the main hall.
    Also, several of my games were played vitrually non stop and probably had as many plays as your fishtales, Did i have a couple machines that were not top shape, sure, but me and Dan talked about what games i should bring and that he thought it would be good to bring some low 300-400 dollar range games. How nice of machines do you expect for that price range. And my prices on the game were no were near out of line.
    Dedicated ms pac galaga combo, 800
    mario wide body, 550
    tekken tag 400
    Tutankam 600 and i sold it for 400 because you have to negotiate some,

To those that appreciatted all aspects of the show, sorry for the rant, but if you can not appreciate the fact that its not only pins and other people put alot of work (not just paying someone to powder coat ther machine and say Looky at me, im special, its just BS. I just got home, left at 2pm, 10 1/2 hours to drive home just to see someone whine about the effort i put into it.
    whysnow, maybe you shouldnt go next year, because i brought stuff that the organizer wanted and you dont like that desicion, so maybe this is not the show for you

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

My Evel Knievel lasted all 3 days without incident (couple of lamps out)

Thanks for bringing that. Dad bought an evel knievel when I was a kid, played one game.. realized I'm just not an early SS kinda guy anymore (but appreciated the nostalgia factor).

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

This is a bullshit statement to make, its your opinion, but it shows that you have no appreciation for the show in my opinion. I brought 12 vids to the show, 7 of them were dedicated machines in good to fair shape, Did they have a hodgepodge of color powder coating, no, but i took alot more effort to get my 12 vids there than you did to get your FT there.
    As for the vids in the main room, maybe you should understand a little more about the show, it is not a pinball show, its all games. And for them to be in the main room, Dan at first had all tweleve of my vids in the main room, and i saw some nice pins in the hall and asked Steve to move some of my pins out so that the Pinball Magic, whitewater and a few others could go in the main hall.
    Also, several of my games were played vitrually non stop and probably had as many plays as your fishtales, Did i have a couple machines that were not top shape, sure, but me and Dan talked about what games i should bring and that he thought it would be good to bring some low 300-400 dollar range games. How nice of machines do you expect for that price range. And my prices on the game were no were near out of line.
    mario wide body, 550
    tekken tag 400
    To those that appreciatted all aspects of the show, sorry for the rant, but if you can not appreciate the fact that its not only pins and other people put alot of work (not just paying someone to powder coat ther machine and say Looky at me, im special, its just BS. I just got home, left at 2pm, 10 1/2 hours to drive home just to see someone whine about the effort i put into it.
    whysnow, maybe you shouldnt go next year, because i brought stuff that the organizer wanted and you dont like that desicion, so maybe this is not the show for you

Whoa man, chill. You do realize this is a pinball forum? Go over to klov, chances are those guys feel the same way in the reverse. He was expressing his opinion and even said he's biased towards pins. You are way out of line.

#58 11 years ago

Really, really, REALLY, great show!! I won't pound on the space issue either, but that'd be the only complaint I could say about the show, just not enough room.

Dan, Gary, Mark, Geri, Steve, Keith, Chris, etc., etc., all do an absolutely amazing job to put on a fantastic show. The thing that sets this show apart from others is the family feel from everyone. Dan and crew are there to make you feel welcome and make sure you have a good time, no matter who you are. Really, really outstanding job once again guys!

Hilton, congrats on Best of Show!! The game really looked great, I loved the paint job! And if a weekend of non-stop play, tons of power cycles, etc. didn't put the anyPin NVRAM to the test, I'm not sure what would.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

As for the vids in the main room, maybe you should understand a little more about the show, it is not a pinball show, its all games. And for them to be in the main room, Dan at first had all tweleve of my vids in the main room, and i saw some nice pins in the hall and asked Steve to move some of my pins out so that the Pinball Magic, whitewater and a few others could go in the main hall.
    mario wide body, 550
    tekken tag 400

I think we all can come off a bit harsh in email form. I'm sure there was no disrespect intended. Thanks for bringing your games so everyone could play them. I think it's important to remember that your hearing from pinheads. The same pinheads that wouldn't play babypac because its a conflict of interest.

I know everyone wants more pins but man that extra 1' of space that the vids don't take up in depth in the aisles became key both days. Imagine that much less space for people to cram in there.

I didn't play a lot of machines on Saturday and I really didn't play at all on Sunday. It was just to crowded. I didn't mind waiting in line for a machine but there wasn't even room to stand and wait.

I end up hanging around at the show all day to talk shop with others, meet new friends and to check up on my machines to make sure they are working. Other than that I hung in the hallway. Saturday night is really the night for playing pin.

Thanks to all for your hard work and for bringing all your games for play.

Thanks to Tony for being the only person to be walking around with a 4litre jug of wine all day on Saturday. If you didn't meet Tony Saturday night you missed out and I don't know how that would have been possible since he was introducing himself to everyone.

See ya next year

Chris

#60 11 years ago

vidgameseller >> I am sure others appreciate all of your efforts. I was pretty clear in saying that I am biased as I prefer MORE pinball. Different strokes for different folks. I like pinball and think most vids are just space takers. I did not play a single vid all weekend. I do not need to discuss effort, but pretty obvious that I put plenty of time into my FT restoration with the big intent being to bring it to MGC and share with everyone.

I don't know what to tell you, but I was able to walk through the main hall at almost ANY time during the entire weekend and see lots of free to play vids just sitting there with no line while most pins were 2 or 3 deep with people waiting.

This is a pinball forum and it seemed pretty evident that the majority of the people at the show also preferred to spend their time either waiting for or playing the pins rather than the vids that did not even have a line.

I completely respect that MGC is all about the mix of stuff and that is what makes it unique. It just seems apparent that some people think of MGC as a retail space for the vids (not saying you specifically) while others see it as a space to bring and share games for other to enjoy. Again, differnt strokes

It is Dan and Gary's show and I am just happy to be able to be part of the fun. I will continue to share my opinion with them that we need more pins and less crappy vids that just take up space. I also think that given the limited space that any pin that is not working/not fixable should be yanked and the space filled. In conjunction if the game is sold and the seller does not want others to play it then it should be GONE.

I see this entire conversation as being alleviated if they would just flip flop the vendor hall and pinball hall. The vendor hall is HUGE and under utilized more than any other space in the entire MGC. They had stuff spread out just to fill the space. I am not sure why the rooms have not been flip flopped but I am sure there is a some limitation.

#61 11 years ago

What I want to know was there any tournys there for Mortal Kombat? Dan can we get a MK2 tourny?

#62 11 years ago

I just wanted to pop in and thank Dan and the other organizers and also thank all of the volunteers (Tully, JediTurtle, and a bunch of others) as well as everyone that brought games to make this such a great event. I had a blast and got to meet quite a few new pinhead friends and also was able to play a few games I had never played before and some nice examples of some of my favorites.

I haven't got a chance to unload STTNG yet but will check the audits once I get it set back up at home. Besides a couple of stuck balls (between the cannons and sling) the game seemed to hold up very well. I was a little nervous because I had just installed the ColorDMD the night before bringing it and luckily I didn't experience any of the issues that others have had with the display on STTNG.

I didn't play a lot of pinball during the day due to how crowded the hall was but got a chance to play a bunch at the party Saturday night and wanted to list a few of my favorites as far as games go:

Epthegeek's Cactus Canyon Continued - If the rules were this good on the original I'd have to find a way to own this game. I loved the Cowboys and Aliens mode! Thanks for bringing it as I missed it at Expo last fall.

Hilton's Fishtales - Fantastic looking/playing pin. He really did a great job on the restore.

Neo's Atlantis - The playfield was gorgeous and the use of LED's with the ball locks was awesome! Fun game to play too.

Swords of Fury - That was a sweet example (nicest I've seen) and it played perfectly.

Korn's Time Machine - Wow! This game game is a thing beauty. Played really well too.

Mystery Castle - This is one of the few games that I had never played before and this one played well and I was able to finally check this off my list.

Ben's Ghost Squad - Impressed with the game at this stage of development. The playfield art is really cool (very Scooby Doo like) and the game has a great layout and some nifty features.

There were quite a few others that I played that looked and played great. Thanks again everyone and I'll see you next year!

Mike

#63 11 years ago

Neo's Atlantis was really amazing! Even more so when he said he did it all in ~2 weeks time. WOW! Really fun game and Heidi wants it added to the potential list of games to come in the door sometime.

#64 11 years ago

Thanks to all that MGC what it was. It was a blast meeting, talking, playing, drinking (way too much), shopping, and enjoying all there was to see.

At the end of the day, its the people that make this hobby great. Seeing and hearing everyone's different opinions and interpretations of the pinball world is so satisfying.

Only 364 days until next MGC?

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Egyptrus's Cactus Canyon Continued - If the rules were this good on the original I'd have to find a way to own this game. I loved the Cowboys and Aliens mode! Thanks for bringing it as I missed it at Expo last fall.

Is that some crazy auto-correct action, or did you have a seizure?

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Is that some crazy auto-correct action, or did you have a seizure?

Doh! Sorry about that... Knew it was one of the Pinsider's here that started with an "E". -should have double-checked. Awesome job with the programming! I really think CC would be one of the all time greats with your software.

-Mike

#67 11 years ago

From DK Pinball, Chad and I had a great experience at the show. Each year we go we ramp up our involvement in the show a little. It’s gone from showing up for half a day to being there all weekend with multiple machines and a booth to show off things we’re doing.

We were a little weirded out at first with our location at the entrance of the Vendor Hall next to Terry and crew at Pinball Life. Only because we were a little shy that we didn’t really have anything for sale. We were demoing Chad’s new DE Star Wars code and showing the prototype of the PIG 2 along with a few games with PIG 2 driven mods in them.

I’m really happy that we were in such a busy area. Our pins were played non-stop through every minute the show was open. We had to stand in line at the end of the day on Sunday in order to get them shut down.

It was fun to talk to all of the Pinsiders and pinheads that don’t traffic the forums. It was validating to have someone hold the PIG with an “I don’t get it” look on their face and to see the light bulb go on above their head when they start thinking of the things they can do with it.
    Chad’s son Adam brought his Portal gun (from the game Portal and Portal 2) and he loved all of the attention he was getting from the gaming crowd.

My daughter and her boyfriend are hard core video gamers and I loved that I could be at a show that had all of the gaming things I loved together with all of the gaming things they love. Having a show like this where there was something for all of us is priceless to me.

Terry from PBL is a really cool guy, like Fonzie cool. To see him lose his cool and excitedly come into the game room during the after party like a teenager and say, “You gotta come see the AC/DC cover band, they are REALLY GOOD!”

Then of course, seeing Mr. & Mrs. Spooky’s boy go up to play drums on Whole Lotta Rosie and absolutely kick everyone’s ass was an unexpected high point.

There are so many great moments I know I’m going to have a hard time remembering them all. Vince “The Korn” trying to get his camera flash working and having it go off accidentally blinding Brian Kelly… Seeing Chad stop talking to someone mid-sentence and walk away because he spotted a guy holding an old Atari 800 game he loved… being in the secret GOAT Store / MGC stash weeks before the show getting mods installed in the Tournament Tron.

Loved the show, loved being a part of it, I hope to be there and more involved next year. Saturday morning I was a little sad. I said that the show had just started and I was already looking forward to next year.

Lastly, there was this moment, which I pick as the peak of the show for me. He’s 4 years old. Wearing his Star Wars t-shirt, playing the Star Wars. He was so excited. I wish I knew his name. No double flipper action for him, he was really playing the game.

starwarskid.jpgstarwarskid.jpg

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from justonemore:

Also enjoyed Hiltons' Fish Tales . He came over to say hi later saturday night when I had a chance to play his game, congrats on the award. Good to see a nice blend of ages at mgc and the after party. Thanks to every one who brought games, enjoyed playing the Tron , Swords of Fury, Grand Lizard, woz, Tommy; games I had not played before. Met another pinsider at the afterparty when he was adjusting a slingshot on his tron and did not even realize it. Great time had by all, thanks Dan and all involved , started going when still at olympia and it just keeps getting better.

That was me.

#69 11 years ago

Hilton, I hope my GC score on that Fish Tales during Clock Chaos stays on your machine. I wanna know when you beat it!

Neo, Atlantis was fantastic, and I had to evangelize it to my friends to get them to try it...and then they played it all night during the party. Great game, great presentation.

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Neo's Atlantis was really amazing! Even more so when he said he did it all in ~2 weeks time. WOW! Really fun game and Heidi wants it added to the potential list of games to come in the door sometime.

I'm sure he'd sell it to you for the right price.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Just checked the final audits on my Cactus Canyon - only had 180 games played over the two days, but it was in a pretty hard to find location. I wouldn't have wanted it in the main game area, but I wasn't real thrilled that I ended up shoe-horned in with a gaggle of young dudes hacking ancient game consoles that don't really give a rip about pinball. I'm glad more people got a chance to check it out though.

Thank you so much for letting me play it! It was a blast!

#72 11 years ago

Brad >> I almost beat it my first game on Saturday morning but by then the outlane bumpers were back in.

Now that is has the NVRam and the most up to date code I won't be able to 'need to update the ROM' or 'oops, the batteries went dead'

Hope you and your crew will be making it up for Mad Rollin Pinball on the weekend of Sept 14th.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Korn's Time Machine - Wow! This game game is a thing beauty. Played really well too.

Happy you liked it! It's a novelty game, but I really enjoy it!

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Happy you liked it! It's a novelty game, but I really enjoy it!

That was yourS? Man, that was a pretty machine!

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Vince “The Korn” trying to get his camera flash working and having it go off accidentally blinding Brian Kelly…

I felt sooo badly. Not for Bryan (screw that guy ) but for my wife who had Bryan's face burned into her retinas for a few minutes! I wouldn't wish that even on Bryan!

#76 11 years ago

Highlight games for me (in no particluar order) >>

Time Machine
    Atlantis
    WOZ
    Tommy (3 to play) and I had never given it a chance before
    SOF (very nice example)
    RS
    Robocop (nice and mean)
    WoF
    WW
    Trilogy
    Centaur (very nice playing)
    Pop-A-card

edited to add CCC > too little sleep. CCC is amazing and I would buy a CC and make it into a CCC if I had the cash. Your work is really amazing Eric!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Highlight games for me (in no particluar order)
    (Not Cactus Canyon Continued)

Rats! I didn't make the cut.

#78 11 years ago

Cactus Canyon was by far my fav Then Tron, whitewater,airborne, tommy ....

#79 11 years ago

Yes, to who ever brought the Centaur, Thanks. Haven't had a chance to play that in 30 years. Just cool. To bad you couldn't hear those 80's sounds. Felt like breaking out the bell bottoms and crank'in up some Zep!

#80 11 years ago

We also had 4 machines with color DMDs (STTNG, TAF, AFM), and Hilton's FT.

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

I felt sooo badly. Not for Bryan (screw that guy ) but for my wife who had Bryan's face burned into her retinas for a few minutes! I wouldn't wish that even on Bryan!

I'm in She Korn's dreams everynight, dude, but she'll never admit it to you!!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Hilton, congrats on Best of Show!! The game really looked great, I loved the paint job! And if a weekend of non-stop play, tons of power cycles, etc. didn't put the anyPin NVRAM to the test, I'm not sure what would.

No congrats for me for best in show for early SS (for Bally Atlantis)? What an ass!

I bought the Tutankam. It was really nice shape, reasonable, and I was right there and didn't have to ship. Wasn't looking to buy an arcade at the time, but it's my favorite classic and sold mine about 7 years ago to PAPA. I dont' mind the arcades there. If it wasn't for arcades and home systems. MGC wouldn't exist. Pinball only started to overrun MGC the past 4 or 5 years or so. I enjoy both and have no problems with both. Really Enjoyed the Fix it Felix machine. Good times.

#83 11 years ago

they were all (ritchie, nordman, charlie, ben) really easy to talk to... it was almost like they were actual human beings and not gods

I sure hope so! Lol... I'm just a freakin' dork who has access to people with actual real talent. I'm still shocked they talk to me.

What a weekend... Dan and Gary put on an incredible show, and we were proud for that to be our "debut".

And Neo... dude, that Atlantis was STUNNING!!! Not to mention it played like a million bucks... you've got every right to be proud of that game. Damn great job!

#84 11 years ago

thanks man, glad you liked it. Love the route your going so far, keep it up, looking forward to the game. Keep in mind....Sex appeal. You can never have to much in a game.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And here Korn thought that might be morning sickness when she woke up.

LTG : )

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You know what I love about Dennis and Steve, Charlie? They may have designed some of the coolest games ever, and I love them for that, but they're no different than you and I and they don't act like they're any better than you and I. They're both just really nice guys.

Jess and I had just checked in and were coming down the elevator when we ran into Dennis. Found out he was thirsty and after running up to our room to get a couple cold ones, we're now waiting for the elevator. Door opens up and there stands Steve. I'm about to shake his hand when he proceeds to tell me I'm f'ing ugly and after calling him an asshole, I proceed to thank him for what he did on ACDC. You could tell he truly appreciated the compliment, and I meant every word.

I must have run into him a half dozen times throughout the day and everytime he saw me he told me I was still f'ing ugly and I told him he was still an asshole!!

You won't treat me any different once you're a famous pinball designer, will you?

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Night terrors induced by post traumatic stress disorder as a result of looking at you aren't exactly something I'd hang my hat on!

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheKorn:

Night terrors induced by post traumatic stress disorder as a result of looking at you aren't exactly something I'd hang my hat on!

Come on, man. I got nothin else.

#89 11 years ago

I had a great time this year, probably one of the best MGC's so far. Yes, it was crowded; but during the 'peak' times I was usually talking to people or not playing games. The after party was a great chance to get some times on the games. Wish I could have stayed later, but I was half asleep by the time I left. The Cactus Canyon was awesome to play. That, Tron, and Circus Voltaire were probably my favorite to play this weekend.

It was great to meet some new people people this year (I was the one who brought the Gauntlet Legends. Thanks to everyone who helped move that stupid cabinet in, and borrow a better dolly; really helped! Glad that thing sold too).

My finger also finally stopped hurting/tingling after accidentally finding the ground issue between Gary's Stargate and the EM it was next to. That was a nice way to wake me up a bit more.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You won't treat me any different once you're a famous pinball designer, will you?

Nope... I swear you'll get exactly the same level of respect from me you get right now Mr. Kelly.

Wow that Steve Ritchie guy is perceptive isn't he?

#91 11 years ago

that gauntlet legends was pretty awesome. If it wasn't such a behemoth, I would have bought it.

#92 11 years ago

Oh yeah Neo.............that Atlantis was awesome. I beat Tina at it!!!

#93 11 years ago

yea you did. In her defense, she was in a very happy place at that time, but she rocked it the game just before. I don't think i've ever won a game against her, she always kicks my ass.

#94 11 years ago

I was trying to comprehend all the rules you going through for the game while I was playing. Kinda hard after a few home brews.

#95 11 years ago

I had to explain the rules to about 20 people on saturday. My voice was shot by 2am.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Nope... I swear you'll get exactly the same level of respect from me you get right now Mr. Kelly.
    Wow that Steve Ritchie guy is perceptive isn't he?

And you're an asshole too, Chuckster. See you in April.

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from MnHotRod:

If Hilton runs Clock Chaos again next year, you can count me in for helping out again!

Oh Great, if your in that means I'm in.... Someone has to help you watch Tony!

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Lastly, there was this moment, which I pick as the peak of the show for me. He’s 4 years old. Wearing his Star Wars t-shirt, playing the Star Wars. He was so excited. I wish I knew his name. No double flipper action for him, he was really playing the game.

His name is Ptolemy. He's actually a friend of the family thanks in no small part because of the MGC. My moment of the show was actually watching him and my 3 year old son Ben (he's in my profile pic) playing my Super Mario Bros Mushroom World on Sunday and actually switching back and forth in between balls.

Ptolemy was super pumped to hear that was there. He's a giant Star Wars fan. He later gave me a hug for it being there.

Even more incredible, he recently got a new baby brother. Like within 48 hours of when that picture was taken!

Then, like a crotchety old collector, Ben walked over to me to tell me that he wasn't so happy that so many people were playing "his" Mario pinball when I didn't ask to use it.

I have four other major memories of the show from Ben:

On Saturday, someone told him that I was one of the main "bosses" and he replied with, "No.... Mama is the boss." Dang.

Later on Saturday, when I shut down the power to the grid for the close of the day Saturday, Ben walked up to me after and said, "You turn off the power?" Then, after I confirmed that yes I did, he said, "People were having fun. You should not turn off the power. You ruined my game." Hilarious.

At the after party, he got me to play some pinball. He was AMAZED by Roadshow since he loves construction equipment. I played it like 10 times for him, and when I picked him up to finally go somewhere else he says, "Daddy, you need to buy this one too."

Lastly, shortly after that I showed him Wizard of Oz. His response was, "That is beee-uuuu-ti-ful."

Kids can sure be a blast.

Jeez I need to go to bed!

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

Oh Great, if your in that means I'm in.... Someone has to help you watch Tony!

Maybe I'll only bring wine once every other year.

That would probably be safest for everyone.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Maybe I'll only bring wine once every other year.
    That would probably be safest for everyone.

You were a pleasant drunk. If you were being an A-hole I would have told you.

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2013-update-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.