Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tmezel
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0809 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
    redneck_mentor_(resized).jpg
    image.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    11922977_756235867815502_73054719_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_0874.JPG
    There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

Last weekend we moved from the front room and garage into a 1500 square foot facility. It's an older building but the inside was painted and its temperature controlled. It has a small office where Kristin can hide and a small bathroom. In one weekend we moved everything down there. It was really cool to line all my games up and determine I have a decent sized arcade. With expansion, we will be looking to expand our capabilities!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

It is nice to have room for all the toys.. and also nice to be able to walk away_ from "work" and have some "me" and "our" time, without being reminded of all the work stuff in the living room.

#3 9 years ago

Is that the Harbor Fright parts bins on wheels? Are you happy with it?

#4 9 years ago

Congratulations!!

#5 9 years ago

sweet !!

i'll bet it's an exciting experience
    so many best wishes on your continued & growing success. you certainly deserve it !

#6 9 years ago

Cheers! Your mods are the best!

#7 9 years ago

Expansion is a good sign Tim! Good luck to you and Kristin (and your dog). Oscar

#8 9 years ago

Congrats! You guys are great people that do great work! Excited for your move!!

#9 9 years ago

Does Oscar play any of the pins?
    Dogs like to have fun too...
    Are you planning on making new mods for Star Trek?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

If it helps, I have four of them and think they are great.

#11 9 years ago

Sweet Tim, that's looking hot.

Are you still planning on doing casting and stuff like you mentioned once?

#12 9 years ago

I like

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Those HF roll arounds are nice. Started with one and have three.

#14 9 years ago

Great news and congratulations.

#16 9 years ago

Congrats guys! Now you have the room to work on TWD laser crossbow , just kidding. Really, great job and good luck.

#17 9 years ago

congrats on the new space.

what's your next big plan?

#18 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Congrats!

#19 9 years ago

Congrats! I bought almost all of your mods for the pins I own. You really do a great job. Good to know that I can count on more great stuff from you in the future.

#20 9 years ago

#21 9 years ago

Congratulations Tim and Kristin! This should improve your quality of life both personally and professionally. You guys are the best and deserve it!

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

It is nice to have room for all the toys.. and also nice to be able to walk away_ from "work" and have some "me" and "our" time, without being reminded of all the work stuff in the living room.

It's definitely an adjustment, it's 5 minutes away from my day job and its tough to head right after work. It's 15 minutes from the house, so spending a weekend day works well except for 10 pins staring at me all day. Kristin is over there all week making and sending orders. We have a full time 3d artist and he also makes/assembles the mods.

#23 9 years ago

Well done Tim and Kristin . Was wondering how long it would take before the mod business outgrew your lounge room .

It's a fair chunk of your house you're regaining back . Like said it can only be a positive thing for all your family .

Congrats again .

Scott.

#24 9 years ago

All is quiet here at home tonight... no flippers flipping, no printers printing, no crossbow mods finishing... oh wait. Still need that crossbow mod finishing Tim... no matter where we work! :0)

Plenty of room to get stuff done now!

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Those HF roll arounds are nice. Started with one and have three.

Work perfectly for our needs especially when all parts are used during assembly. They are a bit wobbly when some of the screws are left out... oops.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

congrats on the new space.
    what's your next big plan?

world domination?

#28 9 years ago

Best of luck in the new facilities! You're one of my top favourites in mod development.

/Chris

#29 9 years ago

+1 for the basset hound. Love them!

#30 9 years ago

Looks great! Best of luck with it all...

1 week later
    #31 9 years ago

We have access to a full blown machine shop too. Anyone want some pinballs smashed with a 200 ton press.

#32 9 years ago

Here is part of the team. Jared, Orson, Kristin and Zac. Jared is our full time designer and manufacturer. Zac also does manufacturing part-time. You all know Kristin and Orson is a pain in the ass.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#33 9 years ago

Best of luck with the new shop, it really looks great. Any idea how your going to arrange the work stations?

#34 9 years ago

Seems like a nice bunch and the PITA team look extra happy .

#35 9 years ago

Mezel, you have my favorite web site store....many high quality mods - most of which were developed in house. I can't imagine someone owning a MET and not buying all your mods. Easy to navigate and lots of info provided. Congrats on the bigger space.

#36 9 years ago

Kristin is such a nice person, and very customer oriented, now that I see that she drinks BEER she is definitively in my league. Seriously, you guys are doing great, please keep it up

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Best of luck with the new shop, it really looks great. Any idea how your going to arrange the work stations?

Kristin set it all up, she had vision where everything would go. She is trained in Lean Manufacturing and we are now using Kanban cards to make our manufacturing process more efficient with less errors. I was too busy looking at my lineup an how cool it looked all in one space.

Next step is to expand our capabilities beyond 3d printing and get the mod production back up to several per month. I have a lot to do on my part now.

#38 9 years ago

Last night, some Duke City Pinball Club volunteers can over for a fixing/cleaning party. 9 games running at 100%. So grateful for all those that helped.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

We have access to a full blown machine shop too. Anyone want some pinballs smashed with a 200 ton press.

Actually, if that's possible....lol....

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Anyone want some pinballs smashed with a 200 ton press.

That would make a really cool picture. Try it and post a picture.

#41 9 years ago

Mod idea moved to MEZELmods looking for TWD mod ideas

Congratulations on your new work space!

1 week later
    #42 9 years ago

This is not an April Fools joke. I am retiring from my engineering job at Intel after 25 years of service. This will allow me to spend more time doing MEZELmods and some other innovative opportunities. My last day is sometime in October.

I worked with our designer Jared today and we have a plan to get the mod train a rollin'. We will also start working more closely with Hemi and his skills so we are very excited about that too. We also have some other capabilities we are picking up here in Albuquerque to expand our product line. We will be announcing those as we close the deals.

#43 9 years ago

Wow, another Intel escapee! There are more of us out here than I would have suspected. Best of luck with your new endeavors.

JF4, Oregon site, 10.5 years. Good times.
    Regards;

#44 9 years ago

very happy for you. can't wait to see what you come up with.

#45 9 years ago

Congratulations on your pending escape. That's a big step forward!

#46 9 years ago

Awesome news and congratulations!

TMetz has some of the best mods in all of pinball. So happy for you guys. You deserve it!

Keep up the great work and best of luck moving forward.

#47 9 years ago

LOL Pinky and the Brain style.

#48 9 years ago

VERY nice. Congrats on the move (on up)! It's great to see pinball business do good.

#49 9 years ago

Congrats on your new digs!

Luv ur mods, hafta save up and buy just about all of them for my Getaway: HS2.

Hey, how about an Apache helicopter mod, with flashing lights and rotating blades?! Now that would be so cool!

#50 9 years ago

Congrats!! Your coming up with some great mods while keeping the price on product and shipping down. Keep em coming!

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mezelmods-moving-on-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.