3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bert-ernie-cookie-galz.jpg
    image.gif
    IMG_20151129_142307.jpg
    4LEyfZG.jpg
    PEZ.jpg
    image_5.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 3 years ago

This is like a Where's the Code? thread for all of the racists and bigots on Pinside. I thought they made a Basement to harbor the Tee Kee types?

#23 3 years ago

I'll let my statement stand. I'm certainly not gonna get through to two boobs who think that building a wall is a feasible solution to any immigration issues this country may be facing.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Thumbs upper on build the WALL

Okay. The cost to finish fencing (like what already exists at the more populace borders; 670 miles of a total 2000 miles) would be approximately $16 million per mile. So say a projected $15-$25 billion. Keep in mind some of this land is private and will need to be purchased and a lot of it is extremely dense and arrid land that is difficult to build on. So add in costs for that. An actual WALL like Trump proposes that he will make Mexico pay for would be far more expensive. This is just to finish the fencing.

The projected cost to maintain a 2000 mile border fence is $750 million per year and is argued to be pretty ineffective in the more difficult terrain.

I can't imagine any of you want to pay the taxes for that. That's a few less pinball machines a year for you guys for something probably has little effect on your lives.

#42 3 years ago

That's purely how Trump & his supporters see it, all the way down to the cultural insensitivity. Just a bunch of windbags grabbing headlines and trolling the upcoming election.

#69 3 years ago

From the NY Times on Nov. 19th, 2015. A pretty reputable source, I believe:

More Mexican Immigrants Leaving U.S. Than Entering, Report Finds

More immigrants from Mexico are leaving the United States than coming into the country, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew Research Center, a finding that indicates the end of the largest wave of immigration from a single country in American history.

The shift is the first time since immigration from Mexico began to rise in the 1970s that fewer Mexicans came into America than returned home, the Pew report found. The reversal is primarily the result of a steep drop in Mexicans coming into the country.

Using census data from the United States and Mexico, the Pew report found that from 2009 to 2014, slightly more than a million Mexicans and their families — including about 100,000 children younger than 5 who were American citizens born in the United States — returned to live in Mexico. In the same period, an estimated 870,000 Mexicans came here, resulting in an outflow of about 140,000.

Last year, the number of Mexicans caught crossing the border illegally — an imperfect but still widely used indicator of overall illegal crossings — dropped to 230,000, according to official figures, the lowest since 1971.

The end of the influx has led to a decline in the numbers of Mexican immigrants in the United States, Pew reported, to 11.7 million in 2014, down from a peak of 12.8 million in 2007. Most of the decline can be attributed to a drop in the number of Mexicans here illegally, to 5.6 million last year from an estimated 6.9 million in 2007. Mexicans are by far the largest nationality among undocumented immigrants.

Reviewing Mexican census data, Pew reported that most Mexicans left the United States “of their own accord,” with about six in 10 migrants who returned home saying they were reuniting with family members. About 6 percent said they had found jobs there. Another 14 percent said they had been deported. Ms. Gonzalez-Barrera said that figure might not reflect all Mexican residents expelled by the United States authorities, because many Mexican who are deported have said they crossed again illegally to return to families or jobs in the United States.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/us/more-mexican-immigrants-leaving-us-than-entering-report-finds.html?referer=&_r=0

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're trying to get into our country by the truckload, so a lot of them are now in Arizona and Texas. Fact.

See above.

#146 3 years ago

I think the irrelevance started with TeeKee's comment. Since then I think it's been an interesting discussion as to where a few Pinsiders, myself included, stand on immigration (amongst other things). Being "a Lib", I side with Pez in these discussions. I am a human being & being such intend to prefer to treat people with respect and understanding. It's fine if folks chose not to, but if it's on a public forum and I'm reading something I disagree with I'll chime in.

Arguments like "go away!", "scram ya wussy!", etc. are always fun. Keep it up!

#162 3 years ago

A sense of humor is something I am certainly not lacking. Same goes for intolerance for ignorance.

I'm available for parties if anyone is interested. PM me for rates.

I obviously don't do dick jokes.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't believe nobody else finds the old thread thing as weird as I do.

A troll (TeeKee, not you) knows how to corral people at his bridge. Sometimes you can catch him sleeping.

#173 3 years ago

I am a deep man.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pretty sure it's a Cheech and Chong skit.

The Canadian dude?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside