3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bert-ernie-cookie-galz.jpg
    image.gif
    IMG_20151129_142307.jpg
    4LEyfZG.jpg
    PEZ.jpg
    image_5.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Asian Americans asking you not to call them Orientals is ruining the country? Really? You don't think your freakout is a little hyperbolic?

OK man once again you are misquoting people. He NEVER said that. Stop being a dick.

Quoted from pezpunk:

What's not to like?

YOU

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Asian Americans asking you not to call them Orientals is ruining the country? Really? You don't think your freakout is a little hyperbolic?

I'm sure all the things "destroying this country" fit nicely into his biased worldview too.

Nothing he enjoys needs to change, though.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Pez your PC shit is not going to fly here, now go away!

I see two-three people slamming Pezpunk. Pezpunk is alright. It's not about being offended for other people, it's about wanting to be around people that attempt to respect others around them.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I see two-three people slamming Pezpunk. Pezpunk is alright. It's not about being offended for other people, it's about wanting to be around people that attempt to respect others around them.

BS bro, I can't let that slide because then people on here will start to believe the nonsense. Of course it's important to respect everyone you deal with if at all possible. However, what pezpunk is describing is people getting way too sensitive about the smallest of things when they should let it roll off of their backs and just move forward. None of what he says is preventing anyone from life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

#105 3 years ago

Kind of like you, getting all offended about how you want to be able to offend people?

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I see your point, as in the majority of the PC crowd is such a respectful bunch towards others LOL.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Can you get me a bottle of that Mezcal with the Skull on the label??

i can, if i can find it.
    think i can bring back 1 bottle in checked-in bag? but... once in the states, not sure i'm legally able to ship
    i'm headed south again in a few weeks.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

You can call your carpet what ever you want. For most purposes the carpets or rug that are made from regions starting in Morocco, and stretching east as far as China & Tibet. These rugs are called Oriental, some say 'Persian Rug' just to give them an easy identifier.
    If you have an older oriental rug, you might want to get it appraised. The appraiser should also be able to identify the area where it was woven.

I know a Mexican Oriental rug appraiser

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I see your point, as in the majority of the PC crowd is such a respectful bunch towards others LOL.

Dude you and Eggbert have been the ones slinging unmitigated insults all thread. I've been completely respectful in my responses.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I know a Mexican Oriental rug appraiser

Did you ask your rug appraiser if he prefers to be called Mexican-Asian?

#111 3 years ago

GO AWAY ! Your making an ass of yourself.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Quoted from eggbert52:

BS bro, I can't let that slide because then people on here will start to believe the nonsense. Of course it's important to respect everyone you deal with if at all possible. However, what pezpunk is describing is people getting way too sensitive about the smallest of things when they should let it roll off of their backs and just move forward. None of what he says is preventing anyone from life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Well, I've got to say that I agree Pezpunk seems like a good guy, and his heart is in the right place. I think his viewpoint on this is f**king retarded, but I respect his right to be wrong.

#113 3 years ago

PS - Pez really needs to start a Pezpunk vs. Everybody deathmatch on this topic where things can really get fun.

#114 3 years ago

Declares war on those who do not bribe local police and local government officials. Such a corrupt country.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

GO AWAY ! Your making an ass of yourself.

So much anger. Really, you would be better off taking a little break from the keyboard. Friendly advice.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I will never understand why old white dudes throw such temper tantrums about this kind of thing

Nothing but respectful to us "Old White Dudes".

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Did you ask your rug appraiser if he prefers to be called Mexican-Asian?

he's very confused about the entire situation as well.
    he prefers to be called a Texican who makes money on gringos obsessed with appraising oriental products.
    ..after he gets their money, we go have amazing tex-mex enchiladas and laugh about them

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

... is f**king retarded, ...

DUDE - NOT PC - No "R" word !!!!!

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Nothing but respectful to us "Old White Dudes".

What would you prefer to be called?

#120 3 years ago

And your working as a Defense Contractor in this great country. Geez That is scary!

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

DUDE - NOT PC - No "R" word !!!!!

Sorry. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when EVERYBODY was the R word. I'm a product of my upbringing.

#122 3 years ago

Sir

#123 3 years ago

So, anyway...about Mexico declaring war on pinball...

What were we saying, again?

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

What would you prefer to be called?

Chronologically Challenged Heterosexual Caucasian American of European Decent

or David

#125 3 years ago

I've ignored Pez weeks ago so I only have others comments to go on, but I can guess what he's doing. I'm convinced he does this shit purely for trolling purposes. Every time he chimes in with his PC wisdom it's an instant thread derail. Never fails.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

I've ignored Pez weeks ago so I only have others comments to go on, but I can guess what he's doing. I'm convinced he does this shit purely for trolling purposes. Every time he chimes in with his PC wisdom it's an instant thread derail. Never fails.

going on 1-2 years now, myself.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballNewb:

The only reason the thread derails is because of Sirs who instead of saying "oh they don't like being called orientals? Ok" want to cry about how America is ruined, their freedom of speech is being taken away by liberals, etc.

#128 3 years ago

Still looking, none here either ......IMG_20151129_142307.jpg

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

They're probably stealing all our women too !!

Subtle AFM reference....! Well done. That or MM.

#130 3 years ago

Oh my, I can't believe Pezpunk has trolled another thread to white knight for a race/gender/ sexual orientation that wasn't offended by a passing comment. That never happens! Ever!

Hey admins, want to know why some of us won't donate to Pinside? It's because people like this always get threads locked and people booted from topics after they come in and start all the shit in the first place. All the while hurling insults themselves while seldom being reprimanded for it.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Still looking, none here either ......IMG_20151129_142307.jpg

Damn you!!!!

#132 3 years ago

Sorry, but tomorrow is my last day in this hellhole.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Oh my, I can't believe Pezpunk has trolled another thread to white knight for a race/gender/ sexual orientation that wasn't offended by a passing comment. That never happens! Ever!
    Hey admins, want to know why some of us won't donate to Pinside? It's because people like this always get threads locked and people booted from topics after they come in and start all the shit in the first place. All the while hurling insults themselves while seldom being reprimanded for it.

I've taken dozens of insults in this thread and I think the closest I've come to insulting anyone is using the phrase "old white dudes". The insults don't bother me, but don't pretend I'm not the one taking them, or that I'm the one dishing them out. Thanks.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Well said. I would give you 50 thumbs up if i could. He always weasles his way out looking like the good guy. And Pez do not tell me to take any friendly advice, you are not my friend.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Well said. I would give you 50 thumbs up if i could. He always weasles his way out looking like the good guy. And Pez do not tell me to take any friendly advice, you are not my friend.

I can be friendly to people without being their friend. It's pretty easy and refreshing, actually.

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

From the NY Times on Nov. 19th, 2015. A pretty reputable source, I believe:

Argument was nullified by the opening sentence. Or did the sarcasm go over my head again?

#137 3 years ago

Two thumbs down on my last post. Is friendliness also ruining America?

#138 3 years ago

¿ antes de la cerradura, o antes de que el sótano ¿

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I've taken dozens of insults in this thread and I think the closest I've come to insulting anyone is using the phrase "old white dudes". The insults don't bother me, but don't pretend I'm not the one taking them, or that I'm the one dishing them out. Thanks.

That's bullshit. Maybe you're not doing it in this thread, but you've done it in plenty others. And just because you don't use certain inflamitory words doesn't mean you're not insulting people. Making suggestions about people's intelligence or accusations of bigotry based on a snippet of an Internet forum response are also insulting. And your passive aggressive way of doing it only escalates the situation. Every. Damned. Time.

You could always PM a person who says something that offends you, but you instead take every opportunity to public ally grandstand and show us all how morally superior you are to us. You prod for a r action and then fall on your back, play the victim and then point your finger and yell, "look everyone the bad man is hurting my feelings". And for the most part, the admins stick up for you. That's the truth.

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

That's bullshit. Maybe you're not doing it in this thread, but you've done it in plenty others. And just because you don't use certain inflamitory words doesn't mean you're not insulting people. Making suggestions about people's intelligence or accusations of bigotry based on a snippet of an Internet forum response are also insulting. And your passive aggressive way of doing it only escellates the situation. Every. Damned. Time.
    You could always PM a person who says something that offends you, but you instead take every opportunity to public ally grandstand and show us all how morally superior you are to us. You prod for a r action and then fall on your back, play the victim and then point your finger and yell, "look everyone the bad man is hurting my feelings". And for the most part, the admins stick up for you. That's the truth.

100% fact ^^

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

That's bullshit. Maybe you're not doing it in this thread, but you've done it in plenty others. And just because you don't use certain inflamitory words doesn't mean you're not insulting people. Making suggestions about people's intelligence or accusations of bigotry based on a snippet of an Internet forum response are also insulting. And your passive aggressive way of doing it only escalates the situation. Every. Damned. Time.

Preach on my brotha! The rent is too...DAMN HIGH!

#142 3 years ago

Declares the guy who says he hasn't read a post of mine in 2 years, haha.

Quoted from jwo825:

That's bullshit. Maybe you're not doing it in this thread, but you've done it in plenty others.

Wow it should be really easy for you to find lots of examples of me calling other people names. I mean I could easily cite a dozen examples in this thread of insults made directly at me. I am not complaining, just pointing out the hypocrisy in that complaint.

#143 3 years ago

I can't keep up with PC

#144 3 years ago

Sooo...does this mean that Mexico is a good market for flipper pinball or not?

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Declares the guy who says he hasn't read a post of mine in 2 years, haha.

Wow it should be really easy for you to find lots of examples of me calling other people names. I mean I could easily cite a dozen examples in this thread of insults made directly at me. I am not complaining, just pointing out the hypocrisy in that complaint.

How about the Mexican pinball?
    Pez your avatar is cool, but give it up already. You're annoying and probably every post you've made here is irrelevant.

#146 3 years ago

I think the irrelevance started with TeeKee's comment. Since then I think it's been an interesting discussion as to where a few Pinsiders, myself included, stand on immigration (amongst other things). Being "a Lib", I side with Pez in these discussions. I am a human being & being such intend to prefer to treat people with respect and understanding. It's fine if folks chose not to, but if it's on a public forum and I'm reading something I disagree with I'll chime in.

Arguments like "go away!", "scram ya wussy!", etc. are always fun. Keep it up!

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I get where he's coming from. I worked in a pretty diverse and liberal multicultural environment. I had a boss that would call some of our Asian workers "Oriental" to their face, make jokes like "look out, women driver!" when a woman would be pushing a cart through our stock room, etc. And those sort of comments did upset the people he said them to.

I'm not sure exactly why he was walked off the job, but I know situations like that couldn't have helped him. Probably a bad environment for him to be in as he didn't really fit in, and he was tough for the rest of us to interact with, even if what he said didn't directly offend me.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I am a human being & being such intend to prefer to treat people with respect and understanding.

On this we absolutely agree. I'm just sick of paying for them.

#149 3 years ago

Well that was 15 minutes I'll never get back, ugh

#150 3 years ago

" If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at forty, you have no brain"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 89.99
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 174.99
    $ 149.00
    $ 5,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 180 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside