2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220330-230828 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago

Not worth cray cray money. I passed on a 9k MET LE 2 years ago.. Passed on a 8k premium only 6 months back . Though it had hammer issues a plenty.

#41 2 years ago

It's Info you need to know as people have Price jacked this hobby to hell. It's like hey kids why you paying to much..
OH why the F not - lets drive up the market so that it can dramatically deflate vs slow and steady valuation.

#50 2 years ago

While MET Premium and LE are amazing games.. They certainly in my opinion are typically not worth the asking 16k. Unless
it comes with every known accessory under the sun, signed by band, and is the textbook example of minty. Even new in box
I wouldn't even consider it at this price. NIB is the epidemy of stupidity in my opinion as well who wants to take a risk on a game
that may or may not have been the best example of manufactured quality. Hell it could be bricked for all you know. Imagine a Rush
LE sitting in a box for 10 years with faulty scoop.. Where you going find solution for that then?

The PRO is where it's at and honestly even 6k seems high.

In the 1970s a few folks decided that investing in Antiques during hyper inflation was a good idea. They drove up prices
on antiques. Only 5-10 years later these items started devaluating 50% to even 75% of the initial invest. Experienced buyers
should not be fooled by people with 'Skin in the game' into thinking pinball machines are a good investment.

This also led to many people simply letting antiques and pinball machines sit in cheap storage spaces that ultimately resulted
in destroying many games thru exposure to elements and battery disasters.

While there have been perks from having more interest in this hobby, artificially inflating value is a bad thing.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Amazing how some people still can't understand a free market.
Hey, I'll give you 9500 shipped for your GZ Premium. That's more than MSRP, surely you'll sell me your game rather than artificially inflating its value...??
Also: MetLE rocks more than any antique ever will (or beanie baby or whatever else garbage people want to compare pinball to this week)

I'm just saying - 5-10 years from now going there are going to be some rather perturbed people if they looked at games as an investment.

Say you spent 100k in todays market and 5 years from now that collection is worth only 60k and you are a home user.

Let's say you borrowed towards some of those purchases. End result your "investment" will never pay off even if your playing 300 games a month on average.

The winners are people that Route and can sell without occurring to much depreciation. As a home owner you cannot depreciate the loss.

Now MET LE might retain its value for 5 or 10 years longer. Nothing wrong with people selling games and getting their due.. It's the buyers who need to beware.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You've been here 6 years. How much has the market deflated in that time? I've been buying and selling games since 2004. If I had $100K worth of games back in 2012, I would now have easily $300K+ in value for that same collection. So why is the next period of time any different? Why is your red flag for the future of the pinball market any more valid than the guy that looked and sounded just like you saying that people paying $6500 for MM were going to lose their ass? Or the guy that said the same thing when it was $8500? Or $10,000? Or $12,500? Every day someone is a confident market predictor in this hobby, and on those same days the confident market predictors of yesterday are wrong.

Current performance of market is not indicative of future performance. So it could go Up or down.

My machines ultimately have held their value as I've invested heavily in restoring games and keeping them operational. However I also know the market might change in 6months, 12 months and 5 years from now. I've seen this happen in so many other hobbies and collections. Markets fluctuate based on demand. Hopefully pinball continues to grow but at the current price point I do not see that happening with hyper inflation. I've been on and off the fence of trimming the herd quite a few times. I personally do not see people spending what some folks are asking for. Lot games I heard didn't get sold at the comical prices at TPF.
If your a Distro or company thats different the average joe home owner with no way of warrantying game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metle-pricing?tu=technicalsteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.