2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220330-230828 (resized).png
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Not selling mine at this time, but wondering where pricing on MetLE is at in this crazy market.

#2 2 years ago

From looking at the market, it looks like people are asking about 17-19k.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'll sell any of my games for that much. lol

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Maybe I should reconsider keeping it. Lol

#5 2 years ago

Pm me what you are asking if going to sell.
I have a guy with a roadcase i want and only if i can get him an Le he wont get rid of it. So looking to score an le to trade for roadcase old fogie edition.

Quoted from jints56:

Maybe I should reconsider keeping it. Lol

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'll sell any of my games for that much. lol

Will you though? You easily could get double what you paid for yours right now (provided I have that right that you picked it up 4 years ago at Allentown). But then you wouldn't have the game. And if you were trying to get an equivalent game, well it's MET, so it is pretty close to the top of the food chain in my mind. Not for value, but for fun.

MET is easily in my top 10 games ever made. I haven't had any Metallica songs on mine in a few years. It is all about the gameplay with MET. It has so many different ways to play it that it remains fresh.

#7 2 years ago

A buddy of mine sold his a few months ago for $13K, but I'm guessing that it's probably worth more today with the way the market is heading.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Pm me what you are asking if going to sell.
I have a guy with a roadcase i want and only if i can get him an Le he wont get rid of it. So looking to score an le to trade for roadcase old fogie edition.

Just don't think I can part with it. Tempting with the prices they're fetching though.......

#9 2 years ago

Yeah I've thought about trading down, my LE for a prem plus another game or cash, but man the MOPLE cab and backglass just look that much better than the two premium art options...

#10 2 years ago

Glad you think that. Hope more do. I like the roadcase one best...

Quoted from metallik:

Yeah I've thought about trading down, my LE for a prem plus another game or cash, but man the MOPLE cab and backglass just look that much better than the two premium art options...

#11 2 years ago

Roadcase would be my 2nd choice. I like the backglass, just the grey cab is kinda dull. I like the design idea but it just doesn't pop much.

#12 2 years ago

Sold my LE for $15k in January, HUO first owner, minimal mods.

Please don't remind me when they hit $25k this summer.

#13 2 years ago

I’m going to be listing my super nice LE for 20k in a week

#14 2 years ago

How does everyone handle payment now, still cash on the glass? What about the tax man’s new monitoring of all deposits over $600? I’ve been playing less often and may be ready to move my games on rather than collect dust.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

How does everyone handle payment now, still cash on the glass? What about the tax man’s new monitoring of all deposits over $600? I’ve been playing less often and may be ready to move my games on rather than collect dust.

Been discussed, but not yet made law to the best of my knowledge. Huge push back from banks as the amount of work that would add to them...

Jaz

#16 2 years ago

I sold my premium for $10k and it sold in 2 hours

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

How does everyone handle payment now, still cash on the glass?

Yes, cash on the glass. If you’re not comfortable, don’t bring it. You can leave a deposit, and I can toss the game into my truck. You go get $$$ and meet me at the police station parking lot or at a bank. But at the end of the day, cash. And yes, I do carry counterfeit pens in my truck.

Other methods make it too easy to get ripped off.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Not much has changed.

Cash is still the same, glass is still the same, and cash deposit rules are still the same.

Or, feel free to change it up - say, travelers checks on the backbox, or maybe food stamps on the lockdown bar, or even promissory notes stuffed into the coin return. Maybe even remove the playfield glass and do cashier checks on the playfield.

It’s up to you!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not much has changed since you last past attention.
Cash is still the same, glass is still the same, and cash deposit rules are still the same.
Or, feel free to change it up - say, travelers checks on the backbox, or maybe food stamps on the lockdown bar, or even promissory notes stuffed into coin return.
It’s up to you!

Just as long as we stay away from precious metals on the glass.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Just as long as we stay away from precious metals on the glass.

Shit I knew I was missing something.

Platinum on the playfield ?

Gold on the glass ?

Silver on the side rails ?

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Silver on the side rails ?

Certainly the preferred method of payment when purchasing Stern's new Lone Ranger pinball.

#22 2 years ago

I had one offered to me for $11,500 three months ago and passed on it. I have owned 3 of them over the years, they were easy enough to buy and sell for under 10k until very recently. METLE is not a $17,000 to $19,000 game IMHO, but if someone wants to pay you that for yours all I can say is, congratulations!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I had one offered to me for $11,500 three months ago and passed on it. I have owned 3 of them over the years, they were easy enough to buy and sell for under 10k until very recently. METLE is not a $17,000 to $19,000 game IMHO, but if someone wants to pay you that for yours all I can say is, congratulations!

I started in this hobby buying cheap projects, 2k and under. I remember when I dropped 5k and thought I was insane. All the prices now have me questioning why I keep any so if anyone is interested in one of mine and wants to pony up the going rates I'm ready to move on.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I started in this hobby buying cheap projects, 2k and under. I remember when I dropped 5k and thought I was insane. All the prices now have me questioning why I keep any so if anyone is interested in one of mine and wants to pony up the going rates I'm ready to move on.

Totally agree! That said looking back I guess I should of bought that METLE that was offered to me for $11,500 but If I had a Chrystal ball I wouldn’t of sold my last one for $7500, oh well life is too short for regrets I guess.

#25 2 years ago

Not worth cray cray money. I passed on a 9k MET LE 2 years ago.. Passed on a 8k premium only 6 months back . Though it had hammer issues a plenty.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Not worth cray cray money. I passed on a 9k MET LE 2 years ago.. Passed on a 8k premium only 6 months back . Though it had hammer issues a plenty.

Two horrible mistakes you wish you could redo obviously.

Why is everybody telling us what they bought and sold several years ago? Seems irrelevant in 2022.

Hey guys! I sold a Metallica for $4k five years ago! Not sure why that’s info you need to know but it’s out there now.

#27 2 years ago

If you bought a METLE for $9K two years ago, you'd be able to flip it today for a nice $6,000 profit without much hassle. Huzzah.

#28 2 years ago

What are the Prem/LE differences besides cab/backglass artwork?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the Prem/LE differences besides cab/backglass artwork?

Coffin lock ball Hammer that never works right, Something with the snake (it moves more and locks balls?) spinners, rising/falling cross? Or is that a mod?

WHo the hell knows anymore.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Coffin lock ball Hammer that never works right, spinners, rising/falling cross? Or is that a mod?
WHo the hell knows anymore.

Yep. Plus RGB lights, metal apron, service rails.

Oh and I’ll add that I bought a pro for 4500 in 2014.

#31 2 years ago

I meant differences from Prem to LE.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I meant differences from Prem to LE.

Just cab, art, serial number. Only recently have LEs added more.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Coffin lock ball Hammer that never works right

You always gotta be mr sunshine, eh?

From someone who actually owns the machine: the hammer works fine. There are service bulletins for older board revisions that can act up.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Just cab, art, serial number. Only recently have LEs added more.

Cab art, plaque on speakerpanel and the MOPLE mirrored backglass. Also Borg's sig on the playfield and the certificate you get with it, I think that's it. EDIT: also the "arctic white" powdercoated armor.

#35 2 years ago

Never had an issue with my hamma. Actually never had an issue with anything. Game has been solid.

#36 2 years ago

30 k if you own one and are a price pumper
9 k if you are a potential buyer

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Never had an issue with my hamma. Actually never had an issue with anything. Game has been solid.

same. Never an issue. Solid pinball machine. Not a spike pinball table toy..

I went to Stern's website and clicked on the spare parts page. All spike stuff sold out.. No parts at all. That is very disturbing.....perhaps a flipper for profit bought them all and raised prices on that too. Maybe stern should charge more for parts too. All that money left to scalpers.. . sure hope they get some parts inventory going or a lot of spike toys will be sitting there with node board error messages.
So happy Met is not a spike P.o.s

#38 2 years ago

I sold my MEtLE a few months ago for 11k. HUO, flawless, about $600 in mods.

I knew i was leaving some money on the table but not THAT much. Christ.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

METLE is not a $17,000 to $19,000 game.

No game is in my opinion.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I sold my MEtLE a few months ago for 11k. HUO, flawless, about $600 in mods.
I knew i was leaving some money on the table but not THAT much. Christ.

Considering Yancy sold his for $15k in January it looks like you did. It's ok, same thing happened to me after I sold my Tron LE for around 10K.

#41 2 years ago

It's Info you need to know as people have Price jacked this hobby to hell. It's like hey kids why you paying to much..
OH why the F not - lets drive up the market so that it can dramatically deflate vs slow and steady valuation.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

OH why the F not - lets drive up the market so that it can dramatically deflate vs slow and steady valuation.

Yep, it's gonna be quite something when the balloon pops!!!

#43 2 years ago

I sold mine a month ago for $16k. I’ve been hearing about the price bursting for years. The old timers used to complain about $6k MM and we all know Judge Dredd is a $1600 game
Yeah right, pricing never goes back down.
My water company passed a “temporary” price increase about 5 years ago and guess what ; the price increase turned into a permanent increase.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep, it's gonna be quite something when the balloon pops!!!

As someone new to pinball following price trends over the last 6 months, it kind of feels like we’re settling into a new normal. METLE seems like 16-17k is the sweet spot. It’s on my wish list and that’s likely what I’ll pay. I actually regret not paying up for one that I think 18k with super low plays. It is what it is at this point.

I’m sure when I finally get one, there will be no buyers remorse of the value goes down as I plan on planting it in a spot for 5-10 years.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

As someone new to pinball following price trends over the last 6 months, it kind of feels like we’re settling into a new normal. METLE seems like 16-17k is the sweet spot. It’s on my wish list and that’s likely what I’ll pay. I actually regret not paying up for one that I think 18k with super low plays. It is what it is at this point.
I’m sure when I finally get one, there will be no buyers remorse of the value goes down as I plan on planting it in a spot for 5-10 years.

This is why prices are high!

#46 2 years ago

Met is a good game.. but WTF.. 15k plus? Absolutely insane. Evidently I failed in life if someone can justify this kind of cash for different art. You guys lost your mind...

#47 2 years ago

Whatever you pay, make sure sparks's feet are in good shape. I purchased a routed Le for 13k. With a set of cliffys and a lot of work it's looks nearly new minus one insert. The old playfields hold up well compared to some modern sterns. new sparky replacements are nearly unattainable. I have an extra full NOS sparky and Stl to make 3d printed reproductions.

#48 2 years ago

I rest my case..

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

This is why prices are high!

I agree! matlynch91 is the cause of this entire pricing mess!!! His desire to pay the market value is the insanity that drove this car off the road! Since he joined Pinside the prices have done nothing but go up! If he would just buy one of the "10k by Christmas" METLE games out there, everything would calm down.

#50 2 years ago

While MET Premium and LE are amazing games.. They certainly in my opinion are typically not worth the asking 16k. Unless
it comes with every known accessory under the sun, signed by band, and is the textbook example of minty. Even new in box
I wouldn't even consider it at this price. NIB is the epidemy of stupidity in my opinion as well who wants to take a risk on a game
that may or may not have been the best example of manufactured quality. Hell it could be bricked for all you know. Imagine a Rush
LE sitting in a box for 10 years with faulty scoop.. Where you going find solution for that then?

The PRO is where it's at and honestly even 6k seems high.

In the 1970s a few folks decided that investing in Antiques during hyper inflation was a good idea. They drove up prices
on antiques. Only 5-10 years later these items started devaluating 50% to even 75% of the initial invest. Experienced buyers
should not be fooled by people with 'Skin in the game' into thinking pinball machines are a good investment.

This also led to many people simply letting antiques and pinball machines sit in cheap storage spaces that ultimately resulted
in destroying many games thru exposure to elements and battery disasters.

While there have been perks from having more interest in this hobby, artificially inflating value is a bad thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metle-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.