Topic Stats

• 645 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 88 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0205181952a (resized).jpg
0205181952b (resized).jpg
0205181950a (resized).jpg
0205181950 (resized).jpg
METLE 369.jpg
MET.jpg
image-671.jpg
Met2.jpg
100_45542.jpg
METALICA_003.JPG
METALICA_004.JPG
photo.JPG
image.jpg
2013-07-24_16.57.38.jpg
DSC_0001.JPG
8Z8Czdm.jpg

There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! You've built quite the collection for yourself. I remember when you are just a newbie ...

Thanks, Gweem!

#402 6 years ago

Until I get word back on the possible whereabouts of LE #69, I'll leave you with this.

#403 6 years ago

The general illumination is set at 50% from the factory. FYI. Turn it up to 60-70.

I also noticed a lot of items in the menu for end of line That have not been implemented. Can't wait.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The general illumination is set at 50% from the factory. FYI. Turn it up to 60-70.
I also noticed a lot of items in the menu for end of line That have not been implemented. Can't wait.

Guess you're not curing the playfield?

#405 6 years ago

at 50% it's already crazy, I'm scared to turn it up lol

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#407 6 years ago

I've got 3 games coming next week for myself and two friends. Probably close to the last ones sent out it sounds like. What numbers will they be???

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

my snake rejects at least half the time, really annoying

Ya shots to the snake on the LE seem much more difficult then on the pro. That inner mech seems to not let the ball drop into the scoop as easily.

#409 6 years ago

at 50% it's already crazy, I'm scared to turn it up lol

At 50% it's already brighter then ACDC.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Ill post my METLE unboxing pic and video next Thurs. I have a HD camera read to go. My sons will help assemble and be the first to play it. Fueling the next generation.

No pics of the kids going nuts for Metallica?

#411 6 years ago

Been busy. 2 LE arrive in 24 hours. Plus work. I have a life unlike Pin Wiz that likes to troll my posts and add nothing to this site.

METLE is truely badass as many have said. Hits on all cylinders. Layout, Mechs, Flow, Combos, Art and sound. Just wait for Lymans big updates. Lots of End of the Line adjustments in menus.

LE is just stunning in person. Future must have classic.

20130625_184848.jpg photo(8).JPG 20130625_191728.jpg

#412 6 years ago

Mine is supposedly shipping today! Can't wait.

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

No pics of the kids going nuts for Metallica?

It's a stunning game to look at and it plays ok but no way will it ever approach ACDC's success in gameplay. And yes I have them right next to each other. I am who shocked and how dark it makes Acdc's playfield look even with the GI at 50%. There are a lot more LEDs in there though.

#414 6 years ago

Acdc had a lot of hate in beginning. Complainers. Now love all love. What happened?

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I am shocked at how dark it makes Acdc's playfield look even with the GI at 50% ...

That's crazy, considering AC/DC is bright as hell (no pun intended).

Quoted from Av8:

Acdc had a lot of hate in beginning. Complainers. Now love all love. What happened?

I think the initial hate came from several things. For starters, a lot of people were having mechanical issues with the cannon. And then, of course, there were the infamous cloudy lower playfield windows on the early runs. You also had LEDs that kept burning out, and other random quality control issues. When you couple all that with the early code, a lot people naturally got frustrated. It was also the most expensive game to date, so that certainly didn't help matters. The code is now considered a modern masterpiece, and all of the major issues have been solved, hence the love.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the initial hate came from several things. For starters, a lot of people were having mechanical issues with the cannon. And then, of course, there were the infamous cloudy lower playfield windows on the early runs. You also had LEDs that kept burning out, and other random quality control issues. When you couple all that with the early code, a lot people naturally got frustrated. It was also the most expensive game to date, so that certainly didn't help matters. The code is now considered a modern masterpiece, and all of the major issues have been solved, hence the love.

Kinda sounds like the same path Metallica seems to be taking!

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the initial hate came from several things. For starters, a lot of people were having mechanical issues with the cannon. And then, of course, there were the infamous cloudy lower playfield windows on the early runs

Let's not forget the huge uproaring whining about poor ole Angus' mug on the Pro playfield. That was one for the ages. Now my LE has a stupid looking "fire face" on the lower playfield that is supposed to be "Hell", yeah right LOL!

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Let's not forget the huge uproaring whining about poor ole Angus' mug on the Pro playfield.

I still think the Angus face looks like shit, but the artwork was never one of the game's strong suits anyway. Metallica, on the other hand, has some of the best artwork ever.

#419 6 years ago

my lil bro's Metallica #371

Got it yesterday 6/27/13 / raleigh NC metle.jpg

#420 6 years ago

Lots of complaints for months about code and rgb color changing lights not active. Pitch forks. Then it came along with the surprise Vip pass.

What surprises does Lyman have for Met? Backstage pass? Live tracks? Sparky shorts out playfield like Ngg or takes over the flippers like Lotr when you destroy the ring. Or Lymans Lement like MB.

They changed the GI default to 50 during Acdc updates. They were burning out a few leds at 100 percent. I like 75 percent.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Been busy. 2 LE arrive in 24 hours. Plus work. I have a life unlike Pin Wiz that likes to troll my posts and add nothing to this site.
METLE is truely badass as many have said. Hits on all cylinders. Layout, Mechs, Flow, Combos, Art and sound. Just wait for Lymans big updates. Lots of End of the Line adjustments in menus.
LE is just stunning in person. Future must have classic.

Are the orange things by the t-shirt plastic protectors? Does someone have a lead on them already? I'd like to snag a set.

#422 6 years ago

#369 showed up today

#423 6 years ago

#467 in da house today!
BSL

#424 6 years ago

#444 is in the house - opening soon....

#425 6 years ago

Thanks guys!

#426 6 years ago

#398 in the house today and set up. Loving it. Thanks to Khabbi for all of the help in setting it up. No thanks to Khabbi for putting up the high score on the first night of owning it. Grrrr.....

#427 6 years ago

Mine shipped today. Yea!!!

#428 6 years ago

Picked up #403 today

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

#398 in the house today and set up. Loving it. Thanks to Khabbi for all of the help in setting it up. No thanks to Khabbi for putting up the high score on the first night of owning it. Grrrr.....

did Khabbi get his yet?

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

did Khabbi get his yet?

His shipped today.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's a stunning game to look at and it plays ok but no way will it ever approach ACDC's success in gameplay. And yes I have them right next to each other. I am who shocked and how dark it makes Acdc's playfield look even with the GI at 50%. There are a lot more LEDs in there though.

Objectively, I have both sitting side by side as well. Agreed that the code on MET is no way near where it needs to be. However, I'm pleasantly surprised. I was thinking as I was going to throw out the box, plastics, etc..."If I could only own one game right now...it would be this one."

Even though I bought it, I was a major skeptic. As a matter of fact, I bought it to sell it. However, I don't want to sell it now.

To each is own. But, I like fun games and to me this is fun. If Brian Johnson was doing call outs then maybe I would like ACDC a little more.

#432 6 years ago

If Brian Johnson was screaming JACKPOTTTTT in his current awful scratchy whine most people would have sold Acdc by now.

rd.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks for having me over, it was nice to FINALLY get to see and play an LE in person! What a sweet machine! It was fun unboxing it and firing it up! Never gets old for NIB Sterns!

Sorry about the grand champion score.

I was told that my Machine, which was ordered from Metclub, shipped today. It's felt like an eternity and everyone that knows me is probably glad it shipped too. I like to get my machines when all the hype is going as I enjoy talking about gameplay and code. Hard to do that from the stands. I'll be eagerly awaiting it's arrival next week!

With comparing the LE/Premium to the Pro, I must say that I found the light show to be one of the things I liked best about the LE/premium. The hammer is very cool, but needs something more dramatic such as sound and flashers/lighting. I'm sure that's in the works. The color changing inserts and spinners (with drum sounds) add a nice touch also. I really think that I'd go with the premium on this title if I didn't have the LE. The pro is still a great game for the price though.

#434 6 years ago

# 385 showed up today (6/28) and was built on 6/19. No real cosmetic issues to speak of. Will report back if there's any functional issues. Game looks awesome!

Todd

DSC01139.JPG DSC01157.JPG DSC01160.JPG

#435 6 years ago

#440 arrived yesterday. Mfg date 6/20. Code V1.13

Beautiful machine.

#436 6 years ago

I forgot to add, my 398 was built on June 21st and the box was PERFECT!! The last time I had something this good show up without even a scratch was my Spidey from Automated.

My only issue is that my lock down bar had some tiny paint left over in the bottom right hand corner on the bottom side of the bar. I don't even think I could take a solid picture to get a new one.

#437 6 years ago

#465 arrived 2 days ago- Great experience out of box. Been light on games, letting playfield breath a bit. So far so good with what I've played. Right sling was overpowered at times. Ramps feel great.

#438 6 years ago

#328 in the house! 6-28-13. I see they used different LED's than in AC/DC. Hope they last longer! No issues as of yet exept the start button doesn't light up. Radio mode is awesome as now I have 2 different bands to listen to!

image.jpg

#439 6 years ago

The ultimate lineup, that is nice.

#440 6 years ago

The ultimate lineup, that is nice.

Now all they need to do is come out with a "Bread Pinball."

Bread_Hits_Vol_2.jpg

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Thanks for having me over, it was nice to FINALLY get to see and play an LE in person! What a sweet machine! It was fun unboxing it and firing it up! Never gets old for NIB Sterns!
Sorry about the grand champion score.
I was told that my Machine, which was ordered from Metclub, shipped today. It's felt like an eternity and everyone that knows me is probably glad it shipped too. I like to get my machines when all the hype is going as I enjoy talking about gameplay and code. Hard to do that from the stands. I'll be eagerly awaiting it's arrival next week!
With comparing the LE/Premium to the Pro, I must say that I found the light show to be one of the things I liked best about the LE/premium. The hammer is very cool, but needs something more dramatic such as sound and flashers/lighting. I'm sure that's in the works. The color changing inserts and spinners (with drum sounds) add a nice touch also. I really think that I'd go with the premium on this title if I didn't have the LE. The pro is still a great game for the price though.

To clarify my post. I love the LE and wouldn't trade it for a premium... But if I didn't have the LE, I'd be going premium over Pro.

#442 6 years ago

I have ordered a METLE patiently waiting for shipment to arrive in UK, should be around mid July, will be interesting to see what #'s arrive on these shores. My distributor doesn't know what numbers are on the way.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Now all they need to do is come out with a "Bread Pinball."

Nobody got it...or...I'm just on everyone's ignore list.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Nobody got it...or...I'm just on everyone's ignore list.

I would give everything I own....

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

I would give everything I own....

Nice!! LOL.

#446 6 years ago

So anyone keeping count? How many pinside les are there?

#447 6 years ago

Well there's Les Manley....hmmm....that's the only one I can think of.

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well there's Les Manley....hmmm....that's the only one I can think of.

I see what you did there ...

rd

#449 6 years ago

This page could give you a rough idea. I think there's more than the 53 listed here though.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/metallica-le

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

#328 in the house! 6-28-13. I see they used different LED's than in AC/DC. Hope they last longer! No issues as of yet exept the start button doesn't light up. Radio mode is awesome as now I have 2 different bands to listen to!

I'll bet the bulb popped out of the holder in your start button. Happened to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 279.95
There are 640 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside