100_45542.jpg
METALICA_003.JPG
METALICA_004.JPG
photo.JPG
image.jpg
2013-07-24_16.57.38.jpg
DSC_0001.JPG
8Z8Czdm.jpg
There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 10 years ago

i am no ezsleeze/exejet fan but he has good products that are built to last and he ships promptly. i will continue to buy from him and encourage others to as well. just ignore the daily drama and crying and buy with confidence.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i am no ezsleeze/exejet fan but he has good products that are built to last and he ships promptly. i will continue to buy from him and encourage others to as well. just ignore the daily drama and crying and buy with confidence.

Yeah, gotta say, even though he's my arch-enemy lol....he seemed to have a personality transplant with his new Protector persona. He was totally nice, makes a good product, and even sent me some free extras. Granted, he prob didn't want me to out him lol....but honestly I had no idea until other people brought it up.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

I ordered the Mystery Hole protector from him this morning via eBay.

You could have got it cheaper here on pinside but out hero ALEX LEVY aka Pinchroma messed that up along with his side kick AkumaZeto .

Pinprotector was not causing any issues on pinside and all of the people that have used his products are happy ,me included .

#254 10 years ago

Thanks Alex,
That guy was a douche bag.

#255 10 years ago

The flipper guards are pretty badass though...
I'll give him that.

#256 10 years ago

Great products at nice prices... I vote to forgive and forget and bring him back! What's the big deal?

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You could have got it cheaper here on pinside but out hero ALEX LEVY aka Pinchroma messed that up along with his side kick AkumaZeto .
Pinprotector was not causing any issues on pinside and all of the people that have used his products are happy ,me included .

I got decent prices from him. I didn't pay the full asking price he has on eBay. I choose the "Make an Offer" option and we came to an agreement.

I'm fairly new to Pinside and pinball in general so all the drama and weird relationships baffle me. There's a weird mix of collectors, players, sellers, and parts peddlers that create a unique environment in the forums. At any rate, thanks for the explanations and help. I'm trying to lurk around the forums to learn all I can before my Premium arrives and this thread in particular has been an interesting read.

#258 10 years ago

#88 arrived in Cypress,Tx

#259 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I don't make decisions for this site. I don't own it or have anything to do with it. You must think I have some massive influence over the mods? Think not. You have a problem take it up with Robin otherwise cut the shit and stop calling my name out.

#260 10 years ago

McCune1.jpgMcCune1.jpg

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You have a problem take it up with Robin otherwise cut the shit and stop calling my name out.

No thanks . I will take up any issues with you on this forum .

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Wrong, your buddy was banned then came back under an alias and spammed the group with pirated copyrighted material and was kicked off again for violating Pinside rules.
If you want to know who's fault it is have your buddy look at his reflection in a mirror...blade.
He has nobody to blame but himself.
I was the one who posted who he was, a 14 year old kid traced his ISP for me.
Robin doesn't need the headaches or to be sued by Metallica over this thief using his site as a vehicle to sell pirated material.
Keep posting his link and you might be next.

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Keep posting his link and you might be next.

Really dude?

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't make decisions for this site. I don't own it or have anything to do with it. You must think I have some massive influence over the mods? Think not. You have a problem take it up with Robin otherwise cut the shit and stop calling my name out.

That about sums it up. The thought that I could sway anyone into doing anything is ridiculous. Anyone with common sense would know otherwise.

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Anyone with common sense would know otherwise.

Poor Alex.

#266 10 years ago

Really.

#267 10 years ago

I am sure you never put any bootleg parts in any of your machines . You roll legit .

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I am sure you never put any bootleg parts in any of your machines . You roll legit .

Yup, bonded and insured under C.D.O.C and I don't steal other people's ideas like your buddy but of course you wouldn't understand that.
Birds of a feather and all that.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I don't steal other people's ideas

I know, you just put them down for sharing a idea,remember ?

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I don't make decisions for this site. I don't own it or have anything to do with it

I heard you have total access to this site and deleting accounts as they post . I also wonder how private our PMs are as this site has had issues with PMs before most of you showed up to pinside ,BrokeDad ring a bell?

#273 10 years ago

Any chance the hens can get back on topic.

#274 10 years ago

What a shittery. There is good brain power being expended in here.

#275 10 years ago

There is good brain power being expended in here.

festerankarb.jpgfesterankarb.jpg

#276 10 years ago

What does all this bs have to do with us mople owners celebration?

Go make another thread to throw your tampons at each other in.

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What does all this bs have to do with us mople owners celebration?

A mople showed up for me today. I declined delivery. I'm going to wait for the Met LE that I ordered to get here.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I too had no problem Execjet. Kind of quiet without him. This is for another thread though....

450! in the house. Thanks Flipper Fidelity AKA Mike P. Anyone got a higher number?

R and L carrier did a great job delivering my pin again. This pin looks stunning in person. The best backglass I ever saw. Decals are sick. No fangs. Signed playfield and certificate. Powder coat matches the Metallica on the side art and changes colors with different lighting.

Born on June 18. 7 days old. Im going to let the playfield cure for a week or 2 while I mod it up. Blades, Shaker, FF Speaker kit, pinovators headphone jack.

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I too had no problem Execjet. Kind of quiet without him. This is for another thread though....
450! in the house. Anyone got a higher number?
R and L carrier did a great job delivering my pin again. This pin looks stunning in person. The best backglass I ever saw. Decals are sick. No fangs. Signed playfield and certificate.
Born on June 18. 7 days old. Im going to let the playfield cure for a week or 2 while I mod it up. Blades, Shaker, FF Speaker kit, pinovators headphone jack.

Do you think stern just clearcoated them the day before they put the playfield together? Nope. They were cleared a while ago and sat until they could be assembled. I find it funny that people think it's going to help to let their game sit a few weeks or a month.

#280 10 years ago

Thought mine was arriving today, but looks like tomorrow. Ugh.

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Do you think stern just clearcoated them the day before they put the playfield together? Nope. They were cleared a while ago and sat until they could be assembled. I find it funny that people think it's going to help to let their game sit a few weeks or a month.

How do you know when the playfield was cleared? The wood looks fresh as can be. Do you think they are going hold production of 1000 machines to cure playfields. No way. I think they anticipate them sitting in a box or shipping crate for weeks. That why exports go first (along with code updates). The factory doesnt have the space to store and cure 1000s of playfields. I have seen early Xmen and Avengers that look the surface of the moon. I have an ACDC that sat and is like glass. Why?

Im going to enjoy modding it. 20130625_191728.jpg20130625_191728.jpg 20130625_191422.jpg20130625_191422.jpg 20130625_184848.jpg20130625_184848.jpg

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It is commonly thought that a couple months is a good curing time, and Stern playfields can go in as quick as 2 weeks from CC. Off the line these could be 2 months old, but who's to know?

#283 10 years ago

I call this pic, "waiting for Metallica"

T-Minus 24 hours

image.jpgimage.jpg

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

It is commonly thought that a couple months is a good curing time, and Stern playfields can go in as quick as 2 weeks from CC. Off the line these could be 2 months old, but who's to know?

This may have been true 20 years ago, as older clears took longer to clear so people believe it today. I own a body shop. Modern clearcoats are fully cured within days given proper conditions. But whatever.

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

T-Minus 24 hours

Hey Fattrain.. Just heard guy backed up to your door and stole all your pins.. PS I got some great pins to play at my house just as soon as I get back from Cali.. My new collection looks alot like Train's old one =)

#286 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I was discussing this with AV8 and it really did help my second AV. My second Hulk sat 4 months NIB and the saucer hole is insane. I had maybe 5 kick outs in 200 games and now that I got the Hulk saucer rubber it's been zero in the last 50 games. Doesn't help the dimples but sure helps everything else. Also, dimples are much less as well.

I swore by this when I bought my SM from Automated that sat for 6 months and the machine's playfield and shooter lane were perfectly cured.

#287 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

T-Minus 24 hours

I'll bet a $13K cashier's check would look just as good in that spot.

#288 10 years ago

The density of what the clear is sitting on (wood) and the amount of force hitting it (a heavy steel ball) are the factors to consider. Spend time trying to limit air balls, if you can figure out how to do that. I've heard the latest code has the kickers kicking hard enough to create more airballs then usual (set the coils to "low")?

I applaud your patience if you can honestly sit there and look at your new machine for weeks without playing, but I'd bet that would be impossible. And even if you did 20 plays, you might as well do 100 then.

#289 10 years ago

Game's in and the protector is installed!

Ah... The good old days when Pinsiders provided each other with helpful parts and deals.

Exejet or not, the product is solid and was reasonably priced here on Pinside. Hopefully some else comes along before Star Trek ships. Not sure what was gained by running off someone that was helping the community. .?.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#290 10 years ago

51 games played on my MOPLE and all is good , more code will make this pin better and better.

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This may have been true 20 years ago, as older clears took longer to clear so people believe it today. I own a body shop. Modern clearcoats are fully cured within days given proper conditions. But whatever.

...so why does CPR say this, today? ::

OPEN UPON ARRIVAL. DO NOT LEAVE BOXED UP. LET PLAYFIELD SIT IN OPEN AIR.

Due to the swift post-production distribution of playfields to waiting customers, it is almost certain that the polyeurethane clearcoat on your new playfield when arrived in your possession is only 2 to 3 weeks old. Therefore, the cure date for your playfield is recommended to be 30 days after receipt. Mark your calendar, and don't skimp on the 30 days. 45 days is even better.

In the meantime, you CAN perform your swap before the cure date if you want. This can be a time consuming and meticulous process, even for the experienced. So if you want to get a head start, go ahead. Completely swap, just don't play on it.

Do NOT play a ball on the surface until after your cure date.
Do NOT wax, use Novus, Windex, etc...anything to clean or polish the surface until after your cure date

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Just heard guy backed up to your door and stole all your pins

Hey JJ....You can drop the AC/DC off at my place after fattrain leaves my house with his Metallica. Thanks again for all the help on the order.

#293 10 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday and I finally got it set up tonight. A little bit of the paint from the back box stayed on the cardboard box and left a bare spot. The chrome trim was wavy and scratched. I can’t stop staring at it. I installed a mystery hole protector and a shaker. I have about 30 games in and it is awesome. It is a great game with smooth ramps and some hard shots. It will take me a while to master the master. The game is so fun that I really don’t care so much about the trim anymore.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from SPAZ:

Mine arrived yesterday and I finally got it set up tonight. A little bit of the paint from the back box stayed on the cardboard box and left a bare spot. The chrome trim was wavy and scratched. I can’t stop staring at it. I installed a mystery hole protector and a shaker. I have about 30 games in and it is awesome. It is a great game with smooth ramps and some hard shots. It will take me a while to master the master. The game is so fun that I really don’t care so much about the trim anymore.

Contact Stern, they may be able to send some better looking trim out to you.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

...so why does CPR say this, today? ::
OPEN UPON ARRIVAL. DO NOT LEAVE BOXED UP. LET PLAYFIELD SIT IN OPEN AIR.
Due to the swift post-production distribution of playfields to waiting customers, it is almost certain that the polyeurethane clearcoat on your new playfield when arrived in your possession is only 2 to 3 weeks old. Therefore, the cure date for your playfield is recommended to be 30 days after receipt. Mark your calendar, and don't skimp on the 30 days. 45 days is even better.
In the meantime, you CAN perform your swap before the cure date if you want. This can be a time consuming and meticulous process, even for the experienced. So if you want to get a head start, go ahead. Completely swap, just don't play on it.
Do NOT play a ball on the surface until after your cure date.
Do NOT wax, use Novus, Windex, etc...anything to clean or polish the surface until after your cure date

Lets settle this once and for all... Find some raw wood/imperfect play fields, cut them into sections, clear the pieces, and do a mythbusters study by dropping/shooting balls at the wood after per-determined times after clearing. Anyone?

The problem is this- some play fields are made with different stocks of wood, I've seen ironman and AC/DC play fields that were thicker (the others thinner) in wood layering. The only way to do this accurately/scientifically would be to compare aged samples from the same playfield.

Hell I have old Bally/Williams games with 50k plays on them with no dimples, and its not because of the clear coat (which almost appears non-existent).

What do I find funny about CPR's opinion on clearcoat? The few playfields I bought from them had so little clear on them that I had to send them away to be done right (clear added). Hard to have faith in their opinion when they don't seem concerned about the initial clear quality in the first place.

#296 10 years ago

Thanks for updating the thread guys!

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What do I find funny about CPR's opinion on clearcoat? The few playfields I bought from them had so little clear on them that I had to send them away to be done right (clear added). Hard to have faith in their opinion when they don't seem concerned about the initial clear quality in the first place.

My experience is the opposite. CPR are thicker and glossier than any Stern I've seen, including LE.

Quoted from Cobray:

Lets settle this once and for all... Find some raw wood/imperfect play fields, cut them into sections, clear the pieces, and do a mythbusters study by dropping/shooting balls at the wood after per-determined times after clearing. Anyone?

The problem is this- some play fields are made with different stocks of wood, I've seen ironman and AC/DC play fields that were thicker (the others thinner) in wood layering. The only way to do this accurately/scientifically would be to compare aged samples from the same playfield.

I agree that would be the best way, with tests including different CC and wood. In the end CPR is clear to outline that nothing should touch a playfield for 6-8 weeks. "Nothing" includes Wax and Novus, so the issue is not limited to dimpling.

#298 10 years ago

So you own a body shop...and won't clear your own PF?

Weird...

Quoted from Cobray:

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

So you own a body shop...and won't clear your own PF?
Weird...

I've ruined my fair share of Playfields messing around with them (insert problems, etc) and quite frankly I don't have the time or money to try and get them perfect.

Let me ask you this, would you rather buy a cleared playfield from an unknown at a body shop or one that was done by HSA?

#300 10 years ago

Metallica LE's anyone? Hehe

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metle-post-up-your-serial-and-delivery-date/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.