100_45542.jpg
METALICA_003.JPG
METALICA_004.JPG
photo.JPG
image.jpg
2013-07-24_16.57.38.jpg
DSC_0001.JPG
8Z8Czdm.jpg

There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 10 years ago

Delivery scheduled for Monday between 10 and 2 !

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Delivery scheduled for Monday between 10 and 2 !

Very cool. I'm still waiting on my distro info. I'm trying to be patient. Congrats. Hopefully I'll get it soon. I'm very excited to get the game.

I do think #499 or #500 would be amazing though. Fingers crossed that I get the call on Monday or Tuesday.

#153 10 years ago

6/18/13 # 21

// Error: Image 110799 not found // // Error: Image 110800 not found //

#154 10 years ago

pic

// Error: Image 110801 not found //

#155 10 years ago

trim

// Error: Image 110802 not found //

#156 10 years ago

trim

// Error: Image 110803 not found //

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I didn't get a chance to check my LE's # before I had to refuse delivery for the massive forklift gouge that Estes Trucking managed to put in the backbox. About a full quarter of the box was ripped clean off on that side. JJ was on it first thing, though. Stern called me today to tell me they didn't have one to send in its place, unfortunately, but were having it sent back now and would break it down and go through it completely as soon as they got it back. Hope to have it back in the trusty hands of Estes Trucking in a week or so.
*sigh*

Dame Gambit that sucks bad.

I have 6 LE's coming to my house on Tues or Wed and I am hoping none of them have any issues or I will be in contact with JJ right away as well.

#158 10 years ago

That looks bad ass. Have you thought about adding some bright felt under the Metallica wording to make it stand out? If I go this route, Im goingto add orange or red.

#159 10 years ago

I got #66 (special Metal order)

Its in Auckland (New Zealand) now, awaiting me to go and collect it.

\m/

rd

#160 10 years ago

Had issues with Estes as well
Its like, hello? Is this forklift training day?
One side of a recent NIB looked like it had bullet holes in it
Another side had forklift gash..
Wtf????
Nervous for my Metle delivery on monday
So how does it go down after you refuse to sign?
Lol, probably shouldnt have signed last time but before I did they open the gash more with a box cutter and there was no damage in that spot
It was only later after my pin boner went down that i discovered another gash that led to some minimal damage under the cab near the vent holes but no damage to the art so..

#161 10 years ago

The Stren boxes are really well filled with foam and stuff,

Hope you get no damage,keep us update,

#162 10 years ago

He just put it back on the truck, with all the care of a man loading a box of broken glass and bricks. Bang, bang, bang goes to trolley.

I immediately called JJ and he notified Stern. Estes sends it back to Stern, but I have no way to track that progress. I am sure they aren't making it any kind of priority. And the way that dude was handling it going back in the truck, it might be reduced to rubble. I will absolutely be going to the warehouse to get it myself when it gets back here.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from foonleclown:

The Stren boxes are really well filled with foam and stuff,
Hope you get no damage,keep us update,

No they aren't at all, they are only protected at the corners. The entire sides of the game are free for forking..

#164 10 years ago

I got mine yesterday from Bobby in Omaha - they are numbers 313 and 421. Like always great prices and service from Bob.

#165 10 years ago

DAMN a trifecta of rock pins! Lucky bastard. Trim is so sweet. How did you make it?

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

No they aren't at all, they are only protected at the corners. The entire sides of the game are free for forking..

Ya

#167 10 years ago

My distributor told me I could pay an additional $100 and request any of the remaining numbers not already spoken for...#18 was the lowest, #22 was the second lowest, then #23...since this was way before the LEs were even being made, let alone being shipped, I'm thinking you must of paid the extra $100 to get #21 since it was already spoken for back in early May. True? Just trying to get a handle on how the Stern LE process really works. Thanks.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from ArnieC:

I got mine yesterday from Bobby in Omaha - they are numbers 313 and 421. Like always great prices and service from Bob.

Dam...I was hoping for #421...my daughter's birthday is April 21st. #299 is what I was told my first one is (will deliver on Monday), hopefully my 2nd one will be #321 (won't know until next Friday when it ships).

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

My distributor told me I could pay an additional $100 and request any of the remaining numbers not already spoken for...#18 was the lowest, #22 was the second lowest, then #23...since this was way before the LEs were even being made, let alone being shipped, I'm thinking you must of paid the extra $100 to get #21 since it was already spoken for back in early May. True? Just trying to get a handle on how the Stern LE process really works. Thanks.

yes I requested #21 to go next to my AC/DC LE LTBR #21 .

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

DAMN a trifecta of rock pins! Lucky bastard. Trim is so sweet. How did you make it?

Trim is from Pinball LIFE

#171 10 years ago

#311 born on June 18, delivered on June 21.

Thank you Michael from Flipper Fidelity!

// Error: Image 110849 not found // // Error: Image 110850 not found //

#172 10 years ago

Mine shipped out Friday 6-21-13!!

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

yes I requested #21 to go next to my AC/DC LE LTBR #21 .

Did you have to pay an additional $100 or is your distributor "connected" to where he could just request it for no additional charge? Thanks.

#175 10 years ago

Gambit,call (214) 678-9911..that is the local Estes number...then ask for OS&D(Monday thru Friday).....She/he can track it for you and give you what pro# it is returning on. Also they should have given you a exception number (Should be like 089-0621-XX), even though you refused it. You need to either give them the original pro# or the exception # to track it. I would also explain the value of the machine to them....Like I said, I work here at Estes in Louisville,KY....sometimes shit happens but we care a little more here in KY.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Gambit,call (214) 678-9911..that is the local Estes number...then ask for OS&D(Monday thru Friday).....She/he can track it for you and give you what pro# it is returning on. Also they should have given you a exception number (Should be like 089-0621-XX), even though you refused it. You need to either give them the original pro# or the exception # to track it. I would also explain the value of the machine to them....Like I said, I work here at Estes in Louisville,KY....sometimes shit happens but we care a little more here in KY.

Awesome. Thanks. They did not give me any number. He just had me mark the recipt "Refused" and sign it. I will call them Monday morning and see where it is. It is only about a 36 hour turn from Chicago to Dallas. But I don't get the impression that these local guys give much of a shit. Thanks for helping.

#177 10 years ago

Pics w my detailed Sparky!

// Error: Image 110934 not found // // Error: Image 110935 not found // // Error: Image 110936 not found //

#178 10 years ago

Lookin good guys!

#179 10 years ago

Not a problem, I am sure the machine will move Monday and head back for Chi town, When you make the call to them,it will help it get to where it is going. (Just don't want it sitting around on their dock) I don't know them at the Dallas terminal, but I know how the system works. If it moves Monday, stern should have it in there hands by Thursday....
The problem we have with shipping pins is that the farther the destination from where it is heading, the more its gets handled, Stern being in Chicago, it goes from there to Memphis (One of our worst terminals for damage) then from Memphis to Dallas/FW, then moved again onto another truck and delivered to you. Florida guys get moved around even more....Chitown, to Indy, Indy to Nashville, Nashville to Atlanta, then finally somewhere in Florida....then put on a local truck and delivered to the Consignee (YOU). LTL (Less than a load) shipment just get handled too much, but it really depends on your lane.
Personally I hate that your Metallica was damaged...I am a pinhead,I understand it is limited and SOLD OUT!! and the company responsible is how I pay my bills and feed my family...My boss who is clueless about pinball, thought they was less than a thousand bucks........he has now been educated. I know its not Sterns fault and most machines make it to there destination fine, but man, a 7k dollar anything being shipped with the only thing protecting it from a guy on a forklift (THat's in a hurry), is a piece of cardboard...yikes.
If I can help you in anyway by pointing you in the right direction, please don't hesitate to pm me.

#180 10 years ago

#295 / Thursday 20, 2013 - belongs to me
#294 / Thursday 20, 2013 - belongs to mechslave / Jason C

#181 10 years ago

#104 today June 22

#182 10 years ago

congrats!! hope all is ok with it

#183 10 years ago

Nice job on Sparky. Did you remove him to paint?

#184 10 years ago

So far so good. Coffin lock is annoying. Drops are good. Nothing broken yet and no loose bulbs. About 40 games in.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So far so good. Coffin lock is annoying. Drops are good. Nothing broken yet and no loose bulbs. About 40 games in.

nice!

#186 10 years ago

For those waiting. Metallica TV video at Orion. Cool guys.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Nice job on Sparky. Did you remove him to paint?

Yup. You have to remove about 3 plastics, then there are two screws on his chair bracket and 4 screws underneath. Quick disconnect his coil and he comes right off.

I used super fine point black Sharpie for the "Tallica Sux", super fine point red sharpie for the eye veins, white acrylic paint to make his eyes "U" shape like Donny's art, and yellow acrylic dry-brush style to dirty up the teeth.

#188 10 years ago

#41 on its way Down Under...ETA - early to mid July. PUMPED! Climbing the walls, but PUMPED!!!

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from Tarp01:

Very cool. I'm still waiting on my distro info. I'm trying to be patient. Congrats. Hopefully I'll get it soon. I'm very excited to get the game.
I do think #499 or #500 would be amazing though. Fingers crossed that I get the call on Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully you will get some kind of info from your distro this week . The game is going to be a killer!

#499 or #500 would be awesome. Everybody always want the low numbers such as 1 thru 10 and pay extra to get those numbers. To me, the last two numbers have the same effect. To put it in perspective, how cool would it be to have the last Adams Family or Monster Bash that came off the line.......$$$$$

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Delivery today between 11-3pm. Woohoo! <<< up since 2:58am lol

If I did that I would fall a sleep between 11 and 3 and miss the truck. .LOL

#192 10 years ago

Looks like Wednesday is the day for me. Sucks that it's at the warehouse just waiting until then, but that's what happens when you live in the boonies I guess.

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Looks like Wednesday is the day for me. Sucks that it's at the warehouse just waiting until then, but that's what happens when you live in the boonies I guess.

If its not going to be delivered until Wednesday, I think it's time for a road trip to the warehouse!

I did that with Avengers. It was at the warehouse on a Friday and delivery wasn't going to be until the next week, so you know what I did... I took a road trip....BUT my road trip was only about 40 miles! Kind a hard to call that a "road trip".

#194 10 years ago

#495 delivery in minutes Whickedquickss sent me a picture of the box looks perfect. Thanks again

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

If its not going to be delivered until Wednesday, I think it's time for a road trip to the warehouse!
I did that with Avengers. It was at the warehouse on a Friday and delivery wasn't going to be until the next week, so you know what I did... I took a road trip....BUT my road trip was only about 40 miles! Kind a hard to call that a "road trip".

Yeah, it wouldn't be hardly a road trip for me either, about 50 miles round trip, but I don't have a pin hauler.

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pics w my detailed Sparky!

Looks awesome. Great job on the Sparky art!

#197 10 years ago

#280 just delivered. Will get it set up tonight and post thoughts.

#198 10 years ago

Just got update from JJ that mine is shipping today!

#199 10 years ago

still waiting

#200 10 years ago

Mine will be here within an hour

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metle-post-up-your-serial-and-delivery-date/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.