100_45542.jpg
METALICA_003.JPG
METALICA_004.JPG
photo.JPG
image.jpg
2013-07-24_16.57.38.jpg
DSC_0001.JPG
8Z8Czdm.jpg
There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I'll bet the bulb popped out of the holder in your start button. Happened to me.

Nope. I even hooked up another switch/lamp & still nothing?!?!

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I also wonder how private our PMs are as this site has had issues with PMs before most of you showed up to pinside ,BrokeDad ring a bell?

Perhaps you missed this post/thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinmails-not-private/page/2#post-66260

Hope this helps; it was sheer chance I happened to come across this particular post of yours. I'm sorry BD chose to throw himself onto a hand grenade, but the guy was flat-out lying to all of you.

Jim, we've met a couple of times and I've enjoyed our IRL conversations, but man, for someone who whines about people on Pinside fighting too much or being disrespectful of each other, you are well on your way to becoming the #1 e-douche of the site especially now that you're getting into rumors and innuendo.

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

you are well on your way to becoming the #1 e-douche of the site

Don't worry Kieth , I won't take your crown .

#454 10 years ago

Damn, I was hoping I had a shot.

#455 10 years ago

Bringing home from PPO today

image.jpgimage.jpg

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

you are well on your way to becoming the #1 e-douche on the site

You stay classy, San Diego.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Nope. I even hooked up another switch/lamp & still nothing?!?!

Time to get out the meter and check for proper voltage. Also make sure the bulb is good in another location. If there's no voltage trace the wire back to the next bulb in the string and check for a break.

#458 10 years ago

received #393 today 6/31/2013 set up, played 10 games, trouble free, no tuning needed, yet.

#459 10 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

received #393 today 6/31/2013 set up, played 10 games, trouble free, no tuning needed, yet.

Make sure you mark that on your calendar

#460 10 years ago

Just picked up my METLE today (I think it's #108). One more in Canada!
A big thank you goes out to Brock from pinballcustoms!!

Thanks again! Just have to get it set up (and get it in the house so the wife doesn't see)!

Driving it back to Windsor as we speak!

// Error: Image 113312 not found // // Error: Image 113313 not found //

#461 10 years ago

Can you please post bigger photos?

#462 10 years ago

Gotta love freight carriers - mine went from IL to MO to Dallas and is now in Tulsa!?! I'm in Austin.

#463 10 years ago

I was out of town and finally got 450 setup. Hard but addicting and fun! Love those metal ramps and bashing on Sparky. Trouble free accept the previously report drop target issue (Stern working on a fix). LED Gi looks great.

I was installing the much needed flipper fidelity sounds system and hit a snag. The LE speakers have a M screw mounted to the grill. FF backbox speakers tweeter hits the screws mounting the M. So I need a spacer which I have in the form of pinballtopper.coms LED speaker mod. No big deal.

#464 10 years ago

Still no LE for me!

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Gotta love freight carriers - mine went from IL to MO to Dallas and is now in Tulsa!?! I'm in Austin.

Mine's in Tulsa too. Maybe they are roomies! Wonder who'll get theirs first.

#466 10 years ago

Mine ships tomorrow!! I should have it next week sometime due to the holiday..hellz yeah!!

#467 10 years ago

#320 will be delivered to Dallas on Friday! Going to put it right next to #299 that was delivered last week.

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I was out of town and finally got 450 setup. Hard but addicting and fun! Love those metal ramps and bashing on Sparky. Trouble free accept the previously report drop target issue (Stern working on a fix). LED Gi looks great.
I was installing the much needed flipper fidelity sounds system and hit a snag. The LE speakers have a M screw mounted to the grill. FF backbox speakers tweeter hits the screws mounting the M. So I need a spacer which I have in the form of pinballtopper.coms LED speaker mod. No big deal.

Ugh, glad I bought the Pinball Pro speaker kit... Flipper Fidelity dropped the ball on that one! Make no mistake, though, this game NEEDS a speaker upgrade.

I have the pro and have the same problems with the drop targets.

Gratz on your new machine!

#469 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Still no LE for me!

Who did you order from? With Premiums being delivered, I thought the LE's were done?

#470 10 years ago

LE question. On the apron, two of the band members, one on each side, are lit up and look great. The other two make it appear there are bulbs out. I looked and there is one light per side. However, under the other band member is a fixture for the spotlight to the pf. So, even if you added lighting underneath, the fixture outline would show through the band member making it look less than appealing. I used an led flashlight to see how it would look and that's how I saw the outline of the spotlight fixture.
I like the spotlights. I like the apron and I like the lighted band members.

But really, WTF on the other two band members?

I don't pay a great attention to detail, and this really sticks out to me.

At least there isn't a light out!

#471 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Mine's in Tulsa too. Maybe they are roomies! Wonder who'll get theirs first.

Ha! Checked status this morning and it is now back on the way to Dallas. Funny they sent it to Dallas to send it to Tulsa and then back to Dallas. That is what I call terrific logistics planning! NOT.

#472 10 years ago

Received #126 on Tuesday, June 25th. In the last couple days it's started to randomly register electric chair hits for no reason and it's progressively gotten worse. This morning I turned it on, pushed the start button and it started registering electric chair hits and eventually started the multiball without doing anything...ball was just waiting to be plunged the whole time.

#473 10 years ago

# 311. Arrived today 7/3/13

Yeahhhaaaa

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from Maleko:

Received #126 on Tuesday, June 25th. In the last couple days it's started to randomly register electric chair hits for no reason and it's progressively gotten worse. This morning I turned it on, pushed the start button and it started registering electric chair hits and eventually started the multiball without doing anything...ball was just waiting to be plunged the whole time.

Opto or center target firing. Did you do a switch test? Call Stern for a replacement if needed.

#475 10 years ago

METLE #'s 475, 430 and 371 landed here yesterday.

#476 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

METLE #'s 475, 430 and 371 landed here yesterday.

Right on !

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

# 311. Arrived today 7/3/13
Yeahhhaaaa

You sure you have #311?
I got 311 on June 21

#478 10 years ago

Revised

#331. Arrived 7/3/13

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You sure you have #311?I got 311 on June 21

Thanks for correcting
Too excited I guess

#480 10 years ago

Ha! Checked status this morning and it is now back on the way to Dallas. Funny they sent it to Dallas to send it to Tulsa and then back to Dallas. That is what I call terrific logistics planning! NOT.

nice when your 7000+ machine gets handled by as many different forklifts as possible.

#481 10 years ago

#486 in Buffalo on 7.1. I anyone has 268 and wanna trade plaques let me know!

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Thanks for correcting
Too excited I guess

No Problem. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

#483 10 years ago

I got the call, it's coming... Friday!!! Time to ride the lightning...

Rebecca-Black-Friday-seating-dilemma.jpgRebecca-Black-Friday-seating-dilemma.jpg

#484 10 years ago

Inline drops are pissing me off. I've tried more tension on the springs,but now the back one drops when the front one is hit. Also the front one STILL doesn't go down with a direct hit! Please help!!

#485 10 years ago

#327 arrived yesterday
What is with this numbering? I don't get it.... So random pins off the line head to Europe/Australia
When I saw 327 I figured first 250 went overseas but then now in this thread I see lower numbers in US?
How does it actually work? How do we know there are really only 250 in the US?

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

#327 arrived yesterday
What is with this numbering? I don't get it.... So random pins off the line head to Europe/Australia
When I saw 327 I figured first 250 went overseas but then now in this thread I see lower numbers in US?
How does it actually work? How do we know there are really only 250 in the US?

Some people requested certain numbers, so that's a big part of it.

#487 10 years ago

184 arrived on Monday but was sitting at terminal since June 22. Seems like a keeper so far.

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Hell I have old Bally/Williams games with 50k plays on them with no dimples, and its not because of the clear coat (which almost appears non-existent).

Truth. It's the top layer of ply in the plywood. That's what I've witnessed from experience. Nobody really wants to listen but that's the case. Clear is clear and no matter how long it cures a metal ball will dimple it...if there's a soft (thick ply) layer under it.

No conclusive data, but it does appear some of the playfields with the least dimpling over the years have a very thin and hard top layer of ply.

I've also noticed that post-XM the clears on Sterns have been less thick. I think it's to show less dimpling, because all the collectors were emailing Stern these high res pictures of little dimples and asking for new playfields/swag etc. So now, we have a thinner clear which shows less dimples but less playfield protection as well.

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Truth. It's the top layer of ply in the plywood. That's what I've witnessed from experience. Nobody really wants to listen but that's the case. Clear is clear and no matter how long it cures a metal ball will dimple it...if there's a soft (thick ply) layer under it.
No conclusive data, but it does appear some of the playfields with the least dimpling over the years have a very thin and hard top layer of ply.
I've also noticed that post-XM the clears on Sterns have been less thick. I think it's to show less dimpling, because all the collectors were emailing Stern these high res pictures of little dimples and asking for new playfields/swag etc. So now, we have a thinner clear which shows less dimples but less playfield protection as well.

I agree that dimpling happens. Period. Also agree with you about the thicker clear coats actually making the dimples more noticeable.

The B/W pins are definitely not an exception to dimpling though. While I agree that most of my B/W do not show much dimpling, the two HUO/Low Play B/W pins that I have had show *plenty* of dimpling in the clear. The HUO NGG that I had showed plenty of dimples, and the same thing goes for my current HUO CV.

I'm guessing that the HUO B/W pins show more dimples because they have not been played nearly as much as my other B/W pins so the dimples haven't been smoothed out or blended in with thousands of dimples compared to the routed examples.

My XMLE really showed dimples like crazy.

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Seriously, that's their solution? It does seem METLE has the thinnest clear I've seen on an LE.

#491 10 years ago

#493 delivered yesterday, MET Club order, still in the box.

#492 10 years ago

#433 delivered yesterday. Came out of the box perfect. Uploaded new code before the first ball hit the plunger. Powercoat seem thinner than what is on AC/DC. Needs a better program on the hammer but otherwise it's is awesome!

DSCN2914.JPGDSCN2914.JPG DSCN2917.JPGDSCN2917.JPG DSCN2924.JPGDSCN2924.JPG DSCN2923.JPGDSCN2923.JPG DSCN2926.JPGDSCN2926.JPG

#493 10 years ago

Borg row. Kudos to John, one of the finest designers in pinball.

DSCN1562.JPGDSCN1562.JPG

#494 10 years ago

Can't wait to see the first LE with a brilliant black Metallic powder job

#495 10 years ago

Thanks for posting guys!

#496 10 years ago

#338 just arrived in Austin this morning!

#497 10 years ago

#338 just arrived in Austin this morning!

Congratulations ! What is the build date ?

#498 10 years ago

#489 arrived Friday, built June 20. Played about 50 games over the weekend!

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Congratulations ! What is the build date ?

Staying in box for the moment - I need to figure out what game to sell to make space inside!

#500 10 years ago

Still havent gotten mine and my buddies. WTF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metle-post-up-your-serial-and-delivery-date/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.