Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinstor12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonogo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago

Paypal is not 100% with the report functionality. Paypal will not refund the cash if the bank account it's tied to is clear of funds. It happened to me, paid a guy for a game, he cleared out the account and skipped. My only recourse (per paypal) was to contact the police in HIS town, which was 12hrs away. Luckily it was for a $40 Xbox game so I cut my losses and learned my lesson.

Cash in hand, easiest, trusted, etc. But it involves traveling to see the machine. So you travel out there, inspect the machine, then watch him pack/ship it with NAVL if necessary, Pay him in cash, Then fly home and have a new machine! Costs you Shipping + Plane ticket, but you should have FAR less surprises than buying based on photos.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

At that point you should contact the credit card company direct and they will credit your card back direct (assuming you used a credit card through PayPal which you always should)

Since it was $40, I used paypal funds.. but I'd agree on the extra protection of CC for large purchase through Paypal. Can never be too safe, imo.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Svengo:

gweempose said:

I guess what I am asking is if they have the ability to pull the funds from one of my linked accounts without my authorization.

In a word, yes.

They don't try this as much with larger transactions like they used to but it still happens. They certainly still do it for smalller amounts most notably for e-bay fees you haven't paid. You also have to realize that they can "freeze" larger amounts in your Paypal account for up to three weeks (and in some cases longer) even if they buyer's payment cleared fine the very first day. They most often do this to sellers who don't often do larger transactions. In the event that the buyer gets the charge reversed and you were able to withdraw the amount from your Papal account into your linked bank account they most likely will try to withdraw the amount (plus fees) from your bank account with or without your permission.

Yep. It's their form of "spam/fraud protection" They assume that if you have a real linked bank account you are less likely to commit fraud. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop it from happening. They can and will tie up your funds, or withdraw from linked accounts or backup CC on file, if necessary to complete a dispute.

On the other side of the coin.. Paypal does offer a paper trail and a receipt of sorts, so it should be disputable in a court of law with some high chance of successfully winning the battle. However, travel charges (you have to go TO the county/country the crime occurred in.. ie where the toolbag lives), legal costs for lawyer.. filing papers.. etc, on top of the stress. You have to weigh all the "costs" associated with the potential losses and determine if its worth it to you to dispute.... However, once you are in the aforementioned Toolbag's neighborhood, you could make a visit to him and "settle it out of court" too...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonogo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/method-of-payment?tu=jonogo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.