• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 4 years ago

Hello all, I have an issue I was hoping to get some ideas of what it is. I have a Meteor machine that functions fine 98% of the time. If i go into test (button on the inside coin door) sometimes it starts to run through the coils and lights then shuts down and reboots. It happens maybe 3-4 out of 10 tries. The game plays fine and never shuts down during play but sometimes only gets 3 or 4 chimes at power up. Shut it off and back on and we are fine. Anyone ever run into this.

#2 4 years ago

On my Flight 2000 if I hit the 2'nd button during test mode it crashes. then have to power on & off for it to boot. ... I think that is a "known issue" but sounds like not exactly what's happening to your machine.

the chime noises correspond to the "flashes" on the MPU board. can you post an image of your boards? (looking for battery corrosion)

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/ballyss/rep/index2.htm#top

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-test-issue?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.