• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 3 years ago

I just installed an Alltek in my Meteor. Now I am missing some sounds such as the spinner and maybe others. Sound also kicks in and out and locks up, puts wrong sounds at times. Anyone else have this issue?
Sound worked fine with original MPU. I replaced it due to corrosion causing switch issues.

#2 3 years ago

Did you change the clock jumpers to stern?

#3 3 years ago

Yes. Both are to the left. Voltages are good on the SDB.

#4 3 years ago

Is the SB-300 cable the original and if so, has it been re-pinned? There's always a chance that could have been working fine before and disturbing it just exposed some issues with fatigued or oxidized/corroded pins. Also verify it's not off by one pin.. if it's a ribbon cable variety, I don't think those have keying pins so easy to miss a pin when reconnecting. Even the cables that do have keying pins could have the non-keyed cable shifted. Just something to check, along with perhaps having someone trigger the switches where sounds are messing up while you slowly wiggle the cable slightly up and down at the MPU J5 and SB-300 J1 connectors.. if sounds return, then it's likely the cable.

#5 3 years ago

Are there any settings to control sounds? My xenon lost its sounds when I put in nvram. Turns out and item in the settings menu controlled some sounds

#6 3 years ago

It is the ribbon cable type. I am pretty sure it is on correctly. There are two pins remaining on the left and I know I have the left and right cable on the correct side.
I need to find the manual to check to see if there is a setting change. I set the DIPs to the same as before.

#7 3 years ago

I figured it out. I had to do the Memory Clear. The manual says to do this if you swapped it in from another game. This board was brand new so I didn't think to do it. They should just tell you to do this before you set the DIPs for your game no matter what.

#8 3 years ago

Missing spinner sound immediately points to a CMOS RAM problem, but this is the first time I've heard of it with an Alltek. Before I read your solution I was going to suggest calling them thinking maybe the RAM was bad. I'm glad you were able to resolve it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Topeka, KS
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside