20201207_220135_HDR (resized).jpg
20201116_181514 (resized).jpg
20201008_224010_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0459 (resized).jpg
waterslide_done (resized).jpeg
waterslide (resized).jpeg
kqga7x1 (resized).jpg
NZVbtA7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 4 years ago

Been following this thread. I’m not sure if getting the Repo is the direction I want to go. Several reasons really; how much I have into my game already, art/fonts/missing items on the repo, and the increased labor in doing to swap. If anyone has a very nice play field example, I’d be interested in buying it(offsetting your repo cost). Please send me a message and we can talk further, send pics, etc. ultimately I dont mind missing paint around posts or even a slight ring around inserts. I’m just not wanting something that’s bare to the wood, really sunk inserts, or totally blown out. Anyway, thanks in advance!

#109 4 years ago

Thank you mappy but for over 1k I’d pass.

#112 4 years ago

Thanks Mappy, I see that now!

Has CPR ever addressed these glaring differences in the font and mistakes??

2 months later
#153 3 years ago

Honestly everyone has been playing Meteor for 41 years with the post the way it is. Changing it now would almost feel weird.

2 weeks later
#164 3 years ago

I’d love to see pics of these installed once they come in!

3 weeks later
#179 3 years ago

Im on the fence about getting a CPR repo because of the mistakes. That, plus the need to re-clear it! But those decals do look awesome. If I decided to buy a PF are there any decals left?

2 months later
#190 3 years ago

So what has been the consensus on the water slides? Mylar or CC? If CC are you just shooting the clear straight on the PF, sanding, polishing? Reason I ask is how are you getting any tooth for the new clear to grip?

I am going to be ordering a CPR Meteor soon, can I still get a set of the decals? PM sent to Coyote.

#195 3 years ago

Correct, always a light dust of CC if from a rattle can or a HPLV gun. This sets the piece in place and allows for a little cure on top of the product to accept the heavier coat. I have done waterslides on an entire playfield for Earthshaker and didn't have any issue of curling or wrinkling of any kind.

1 month later
#206 3 years ago

Your efforts are appreciated! Hopefully someone will be able to find a fix, I think it is well worth it! Thanks for the update!

1 week later
#213 3 years ago

The idea of a reverse printed mylar is incredibly attractive. I hope someone knows how to do this!!

#216 3 years ago

Didn't some people just apply the water slide and then mylar over it? That would be just as good and the mylar would be pretty hard to see. Id be up for that!

3 weeks later
#220 3 years ago

Do you mind me asking what that ran $ wise?

4 months later
#226 2 years ago

Just a FYI the new batch of Meteor play fields are listed on CPR and they include the number values at the drops. Not sure about anything else listed in this thread, but that was the most glaring issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-playfield-reproductions-coming?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.