20201207_220135_HDR (resized).jpg
20201116_181514 (resized).jpg
20201008_224010_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0459 (resized).jpg
waterslide_done (resized).jpeg
waterslide (resized).jpeg
kqga7x1 (resized).jpg
NZVbtA7 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

My inquiry at CPR was that none of them are painted because they get dirty in production. But, since some people got gray painted backs and some didn't, and a recent direct ink PF I got a couple months was also painted, I'm not sure how much of this answer I believe in.
I asked as well how to tell if I actually received a Gold or not, so I'm wondering if the gray painted backs are the golds and the raw wood ones are not. They ignored my question as to how to tell a gold from not (I thought they labeled them but apparently not). The message claimed the back was sealed but it's clearly not.

Huh. Every PF I'd gotten from CPR was stamped with a rubber stap the condition. My Gold Earthshaker (which OEm had painted backs) did not come with a painted back. Interesting.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No stamp on one I just got. Is this because of the new digital printing maybe?

Could be! I thought Meteor PFs were the last batch NOT digitally printed though. But maybe I read that email wrong. Or all they're selling now is the digital ones..

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Mine has red starburst inserts as well.

*facepalms* Holy hell.

Quoted from slochar:

Where would the grading stamp be? I just looked again at the back of mine, none, and I also noticed that they used Red starburst inserts for the specials instead of smooth?

In the past ones I've gotten, I've seen them on the back near the front, or on the front under the arch area.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

TBH it's hard to tell that the red Special inserts are jeweled when lit from behind. Not really a big deal and at least they won't cup/dish in the future
Here's some pics of my CPR playfield. It's not dimpled on the back but has marks to show where dimples would have been. I'm not sure if they are silkscreened, direct printed, lasered or....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, thanks. Can you get a close-up pic of a pick of artwork o the topside? (Mine's on order, should be here next week, I hope!!)

#27 4 years ago

To quote the first image, "WOW".
And in regards to the last one, I'm not sure why I'm being judged!

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

TBH it's hard to tell that the red Special inserts are jeweled when lit from behind. Not really a big deal and at least they won't cup/dish in the future
Here's some pics of my CPR playfield. It's not dimpled on the back but has marks to show where dimples would have been. I'm not sure if they are silkscreened, direct printed, lasered or....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting -
Mine finally made it out of Ohio and UPS hell, and was delivered today. Gold, and is stamped on the back. NO grey paint on the back.

#32 4 years ago

So, I'm looking at my playfield, and while it's better than my existing one - and I'm sure it's better than 99% of the ones out there, I hate to say it, but the artwork leaves a * AWFUL LOT* to be desired. They want to run someone's custom stuff? How would I be able to trust them to get anything right? - Oh, wait. If we send THEM the artwork, they don't have to worry about it.

Other than the apparently random back being painted or not, I found some other discrepancies, including one that I'm surprised I didn't even notice until now.

Warning: Stop reading now if you're afraid this will give you buyer's regret!

First, you can see in the following image pairs that there seems to be a difference in 'resolution'. Almost like the details in their current printing equipment just couldn't handle small lines. It's really noticeable in smaller artwork areas, like the small starburst next to the "Spot Meteor" target, the small white star between two of the METEOR drop target inserts, and the comet trail from the shooter lane. (Specifically, notice the lack of yellow in some of the white areas.). The last pair is MOST important, the rocket explosion up at the spinner. Notice ALL the missing yellow tendons in the orange part.
1_A (resized).jpg1_A (resized).jpg1_B (resized).jpg1_B (resized).jpg
4_A (resized).jpg4_A (resized).jpg4_B (resized).jpg4_B (resized).jpg
8_B (resized).jpg8_B (resized).jpg8_A (resized).jpg8_A (resized).jpg
6_A (resized).jpg6_A (resized).jpg6_B (resized).jpg6_B (resized).jpg
5_A (resized).jpg5_A (resized).jpg5_B (resized).jpg5_B (resized).jpg

Second, just general missing SMALL artwork - a few areas are just missing stars. I mean, a LOT of stars are missing in generl, but these two areas I think are bigger and noticeable. Specifically, apparently a black hole moved into the area under the 1X insert, and another starburst (between "1" and "2" drop targets) must have collapsed.
2_A (resized).jpg2_A (resized).jpg2_B (resized).jpg2_B (resized).jpg
7_A (resized).jpg7_A (resized).jpg7_B (resized).jpg7_B (resized).jpg

Third, missing BIG artwork. I'll see if anyone can notice the difference:
GrCjQHh (resized).jpgGrCjQHh (resized).jpgeWl7tLD (resized).jpgeWl7tLD (resized).jpg

My field, personally, has a slight registration issue. To me, this is nothing compared to the other art issues:
18 - DSpDtZ6 (resized).jpg18 - DSpDtZ6 (resized).jpg

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

I debated getting one or rehabbing mine. Makes me glad I opted to restore. Looks like they just hit it with an auto vector program and didn't pay attention to any missing detail.

Having worked with printing and graphic artists, this is the immediate thought I had - it was scanned and then vectored, and only major things touched up. That missing star between the the two Rocket targets likely is because the vectoring had overlapping paths which, when flattened, made them vanish.

Quoted from A_Bord:

careless choice of fonts.

I've always been bad with fonts, which ones did you notice?

#42 4 years ago

R r ah, I agree. The more I see it, the more disappointed I am.

With help, I'm going to have some white decals made. I'll get some extras made in case anyone here wants some.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

There's no excuse and there will most likely be no apology, compensation.or fix provided.

Was thinking of this while driving down the road.

Likely they WILL say that their 'donor' playfield was like this (including the starred Specials), and not to blame them - save exact thing that happened with the backglasses. (ANd when people told them to always get MORE THAN ONE SAMPLE. Or, y'know, look online at the millions of pics.)

#49 4 years ago

Once I get the 'art' done, I don't see them being super expensive. Not sure how much shipping to Austraila would be. Hell, may be able to fit them all in an envelope! But, yeah, I won't have an issue shipping anywhere.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

I got 2 PF's one with grey and one without. There are also extra holes for GI lights, and no dimples for the extra two starposts under the left plastics.

THIS really surprises me. Is CPR sub-contracting out? Can you grab come pics of the GI light holes and dimples for comparison?

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Here are photos showing the extra holes. Looks like it was screened on original, and they drilled it. As for the other two posts that are missing dimples no big deal, they are under the left side plastic. Looks like they are there to keep the plastic from dipping down to prevent balls sticking if they get up there. Probably an after thought from stern.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah! Okay, good to see. I DID notice those GI lamps.
So, the only other dimple I know is missing is the one up above the Meteor drops. But, like slochar said, I'm not too worried about dimples. And the extra GI hole? I think adding a light there may make it a little too bright - but that would be a great hole for routing some wires for star-post LEDs. Heh. (I'm not kidding, even though I wouldn't do this myself.)

1 week later
#71 4 years ago

Just wanted to give everyone an update -
Thanks to help from A_Bord , the test font/decal matching is pretty darn close. Some final adjusting needs to be done, and i will then have a batch of these made off.

Yes, my original PF is nasty. It's why I got a repro.

1NmvBM4 (resized).jpg1NmvBM4 (resized).jpg8oDi2GT (resized).jpg8oDi2GT (resized).jpgV7erpXp (resized).jpgV7erpXp (resized).jpgnZjVORT (resized).jpgnZjVORT (resized).jpg
#75 4 years ago

Quick question - I haven't gotten pricing yet, but will soon. I am back on the road from this upcoming Thursday to Monday, so if we can get the art worked out before then, I should have prices next week.

Quick question on preference -
Wold ya'll prefer ONE decal the width of all 6 drop targets, OR, separate decals for each value?

#78 4 years ago

Okay, fair enough! I believe the last set I just got from A_Bord will work. I do not believe anyone would notice anything amiss. I did ask for his opinion, though, and we'll see. Looks like my trip this coming weekend is going to be canceled, which gives me a couple days I didn't have before to get the final layout done and get quotes.

#83 4 years ago

Should be able to get a quote on pricing and time-frame form the printer this week.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Coyote what type of decals are you planning on getting printed? Will they be water slide and need clearing or reverse printed on Mylar?

Was going to get water-slide, since my printer (that I'm getting prices from, not 'the printer in my office') can print white on them. Once I have the arts done up, I'll share it - I ain't monopolizing a fix for some shoddy work by others. So if someone wants the art to put on adhesive mylar, you can have it!

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Does anyone know if its possible to make a bold font print for the other drop targets and would it fit over the ones on the playfield without having to mess with the blue area?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking? Are you wanting the font that the drop targets have on them? (the "1", "2", "3", "METEOR") Or something else?

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Sorry I wasn't clear about what I was asking. I was referring to the "Advance & Score Rocket Value" by the other drop target banks. The original font appears to be a thicker or bold text and what CPR used appears regular. It would also be cool to add the rubber ring sizes like the original had.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Aw, f*ck you. I never noticed that, and now can't unsee it.

The rubber ring sizes can be done just as easily as everything else, if I could get a good scan, I or @a_bord could vectorize it and I could get them printed up.

The question is - where do we stop? Obviously, this will take longer and increase cost.

I'm a purist - and since I'm getting my PF re-cleared anyways (after the horror of the clear on my CPR TAF playfield), I'll likely get these done as well - at least for myself.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I'd be interested in a set for the drop target values.
I can live with the other stuff, at least there is something there.

A_Bord - Think you can find a matching font for that? I can search if you're busy, no worries, but figured I'd check with you!

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Yup. Looking at my PF I'd say it is just heavier versions of what we're using at the METEOR bank. Once I get the scan I'll do those, too.

Okay, cool.

#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I’d like a set. How do I get on the list?

I'll post here once art is done and I have general pricing. Pricing will be what I pay for them - no markup - and shipping, which should be cheap. Will be getting extras for folks that miss this.

The drop-target scores art is done, barring any changes from @a_bord, and now I'm just waiting on the proper thicker font for the rocket drop-targets. Hopfuly, later this afternoon, I'll attach a PDF of the METEOR drop scores so folks can print them out and give feedback.

1 week later
#104 4 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

coyote any updates on the decals?

Scores are ready. Was waiting to get prices until I heard from @a_bord on the Drop Target font. If folks don't really care that much about those, I can get a price Monday for the scores.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

"He never noticed, and nobody else did here... all the way through clearcoating, individual inspection and grading, and shipping."
I know the whole tone of CPRs response was to try to minimize the mistake but the above quote separated from all the redirection speaks volumes. Equally of note is how they will try to villainize Pinside folk when we hold them accountable for stuff like this, yet he uses our work to correct the error as another way to reduce his responsibility to correct it.
I love that there is a company doing pinball repros and I wish CPR the best, but I also believe in calling out a bad product.

Honestly, they need better QA and art folks, and to look at larger sample/example sizes.
First the backglass, with no 'CREDITS', and altered artwork, and the missing green color. Why? Because the ONE backglass they had for reference was like that. Despite there being hundred of photos online showing 'CREDITS' and a green tint. And WE should be glad someone didn't send them the one with the red score windows and the missing "HSTD" mask. They then recreated it, with the green, but STILL left out the 'CREDITS' for some fucked reason.

Now the PF. As someone that works in an Agile software development, I can understand making quick releases. But:

Quoted from Jarson:

All rears of CPR playfields are sealed. Either polyeurethane (which makes the back woodgrain), or grey paint (which makes the backs grey).You never ever change a thing mid-run. Software, you have it a little easier, as it's comparatively a LOOOOT easier to fix and patch. But for things like this? Hell no. Another reason? Because the back of my Meteor is neither Grey NOR poly'd. It's identical to the other fields I got from them, and field's I've gotten from Peter.

Anyways, that's about what I expected from them. I won't comment on the whole 'doing the art from scratch' comment, either.

1 month later
#131 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Coyote,
Any word on when the score decals for the top drop targets might be available?

Thanks for reminding me. Will ping them first thing tomorrow.

#132 3 years ago

Okay! I heard back!

Looks like the price of a decal will be *about* $5 + shipping. This is based on if 15 people want them. (15 being the minimum order.) There is NOT much of a price drop for any orders over 15 ($.50 a decal for the next 15 decals.)

I got prelim artwork for the drop-target font. Will get a quote on that as soon as one issues is fixed up. It will likely be about the same, because of the size of each decal needed, but.. I'll kno for sure later this week.

Since I WILL be getting a sheet of these scores - because sure as hell, I want scores on my playfield - send me a PM with how many you want. I'll keep track and let you know when to pay and give me your address.

Once order is placed, I should get them back in about two weeks. (Possibly sooner.)

#134 3 years ago

OH! I thought I mentioned this, but it's possible I didn't:

These are waterslide decals. Very thin, and will need protecting if applied onto a cleared playfield. Mylar would do fine, as would reclearing the playfield. Heh. Your mylar would need to extend beyond the size of the waterslide decal, of course - if I was going to go this route, I'd cut a piece of mylar to go from the edge of the drop target cutout all the way past the light inserts.

#135 3 years ago

Okay, got quote for the "ADVANCE & SCORE ROCKET VALUE" decals for the drop targets!
On the plus side, they're cheaper per decal, because they're smaller. On the down side, because there are three of these used per playfield, they're more expensive than the scores. Heh. I don't expect a lot of people wanting these, but since I am getting my field re-cleared, I'm going to order some.

$10 for a set of three.

I will also post pictures of the final output for both of these later this afternoon, to show them off. (Will be in black, not white, but you will get the idea.)

Like above, if you want a set, drop me a PM and let me know so I can prepare. As soon as I get the All Clear from the printer, I'll order 'em.

#136 3 years ago

Pics. First is the Drop Scores - on the Original PF and the new. You can tell that back then, nothing was done by computers, and the scores don't evenly line up:
teYDIPX (resized).jpgteYDIPX (resized).jpg
ygZaq39 (resized).jpgygZaq39 (resized).jpg

Second, the Rocket Drops:
MHo0O8o (resized).jpgMHo0O8o (resized).jpg
hmBiSLe (resized).jpghmBiSLe (resized).jpg

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You are making decals for all these inserts? Can I buy some?

Yes. Send me a PM letting my know how many of each: Meteor SCORE, and Rocket Drop sets you want.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarson:

2 sets each for me! Thanks!

Send me a PM please, so I have record of it all.

It looks like I have more interest than I expected, so prices will be a little lower - so expect the prices I quoted above *max*, and don't be surprised if it's less.

#142 3 years ago

Last call. I will be ordering them Thursday. So, tomorrow's your last chance to let me know you want a set.
I MAY have extras left over - will determine on price charge and unpaid orders - but can't guarantee it.

#143 3 years ago

Decals ordered. A LITTLE disappointed as I was charged an unexpected "artwork fee" after sending them art in the format and style they *specifically* specified. But, ordered placed. Should get them middle of next-week.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Is the drop target text going to be black or white?

Quoted from Coyote:

R r ah, I agree. The more I see it, the more disappointed I am.
With help, I'm going to have some white decals made. I'll get some extras made in case anyone here wants some.

The original PF is white. They will be white.

1 week later
#151 3 years ago

My CPR is off - but it's MORE accurate than my stock field. It .. dosen't bother me as much.

Decals are shipped, and apparently FedEx is taking their f*cking time. Will keep everyone updated once they're delivered.

1 week later
#155 3 years ago

Yeah, it hasn't moved from Philly.
I sent the printer an email Saturday, and will call them Tuesday when they open up, and see if they can either (1) Contact FedEx, or (2) send me another order.

I have a PF waiting on these, as do you guys.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

A few pics with the Reese Rails.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!!

#159 3 years ago

Am going to hear from the printer tomorrow - am expecting them to send me a second order to make up for the order that.. apparently Philly really likes.

#160 3 years ago

Update. Good news, bad news.

I am no longer a fan of this publisher. (This is not the ALPS printer that I was originally going to work with.)

Called them up, and was sent to VM. Left a message. Since it's been a month since I paid, and the item is (obviously) lost in FedEx land, I sent them another email, pretty much saying, "Okay, send another batch."

They refused. So, I'm filing a chargeback with my CC company for this.

I also just placed an order with another company I found online that had specs on their printer that was pretty nice and would do the job. Will keep everyone updated.

#162 3 years ago

Whohoo. Just heard back from this new company, files were in the perfect format, and so I should be getting them next week.

#163 3 years ago

Decals arrived. Will be contacting people for payment. Once I'm out of this tele-meeting, will snap some pics.

#165 3 years ago

I crashed last night before uploading the pics. D'oh.
White on clear. The light blue in the images are the backing to the decals.

Will start replying to PMs today, asking for addresses and give info on shipping charges. Will be doing a handful at a time, so I can keep track of everything. Idf you don't hear from me today, wait. May be tomorrow, may be Friday. You'll hear. ... Unless you never told me you wanted a set, of course.

NZVbtA7 (resized).jpgNZVbtA7 (resized).jpgkqga7x1 (resized).jpgkqga7x1 (resized).jpg

#167 3 years ago

Second batch of notifications went out.

When they ship, I will forward tracking number. I HOPE to get as many out Saturday as I can. However, depending on when I get payment, and when I run out of envelopes. (More are ordered on the way.)

#168 3 years ago

Okay, if you got a tracking number from me as of this post now, then your envelope went out today. Most folks should get theirs Monday or Tuesday - those that live on the opposite side of the country from me may take until Wednesday.

#170 3 years ago

these are standard waterslide decals. AFAIK, they can go on smooth surfaces, but will need to be protected once applied. (Cleared over at best, mylar may work..)

This video was refereced to me when I had placed the order:

#171 3 years ago

Okay, as of today, all decals are sent out, save for a few people that either contacted me after I placed the order, or added to their quantity. I will go through in the order in which I was contacted until I have none left. (Either no decals, or no more people.)

It looks like that for the Rocket DT Text, I may run out. For the METEOR Scores, I will have some extras.

I had mentioned earlier that there had looked to be a price difference - unfortunately, with the shipping issue with the original printer, and the new printer steppin g up and getting them out in record time, that price difference is *negligible* - cents on the dollar. (By my calculation, it looks like that everyone would get back 4.3 cents per SCORE, and 10.3 cents per Rocket DT Text. Unless you honestly want this back, I will donate this overage to Pinside once the last of the orders are out.

1 week later
#173 3 years ago

I would like to see too!

I'm currently in the works of ordering more of the Rocket DT Text decals - if anyone wants some, let me know.

1 week later
#182 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Im on the fence about getting a CPR repo because of the mistakes. That, plus the need to re-clear it! But those decals do look awesome. If I decided to buy a PF are there any decals left?

I have a few more of the SCORE decals available.

I am considering ordering another sheet of the Rocket DT Text. WOuld like two or more people contact me and waiting before I do, though, because otherwise I just threw money away.

#184 3 years ago

Anoter follow-up.
I am going to be having another sheet of the Rocket DT Text decals. If you want one, please let me know.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Print an extra and ship it to CPR since they can't figure out how to fix it.

They wouldn't pay me. And if roles were reversed, they wouldn't do that for me.

2 weeks later
#189 3 years ago

I just got in the second sheet of Rocket DropTarget text decals. Those that were waiting already will hear from me soon.
If anyone wants a set, let me know.

I will try to get shipments out ASAP, but I leave on a cross-country drive (away from Virus hot-spots) a week from today. If I don't hear from you in time, I'll get it out when I get back.

2 months later
#191 3 years ago

I can't comment on that, really - I sent my playfield (and my copies of the decals) off to Kruzman, who's clearing it for me. I would be interested to hear what and how other people have done with the decals.

I'm OUT of the Rocket DT 'corrected font' decals. I have only a few (I believe, 4, give or take) of the Metor DT 'missing score' decals.

I CAN get more printed of each, but because of minimum quantity needed by the printer, I'd need to have a waiting list first.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Not great news regarding the decals; I sprayed a normal thickness coat of cc from a rattle can down, and noticed that some paint had flaked off of the decals, and they started to wrinkle up. Luckilly, after the cc dried, the decals unwrinkled mostly. Some sandpaper and another coat of cc should fix that right up. Now to be clear, Im unsure whether it was the cc, or a preceding swipe of naptha that removed some paint. My guess is the naptha, and i just didnt notice it till after the clear was applied. Plus I would expect to see the white paint chips floating around in the cc if that's what took it off. In any case, a little white paint to sharpen up the edges of the numbers, followed by another layer of cc should do the trick.

Fff! G*damit. Keep me informed, please. I haven't heard anything from Kruzman yet, and am now tempted to ping him and inquire.

Thanks for letting me know. (In the airport, waiting for plane.)

3 weeks later
#200 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Received a nice email from Kevin at CPR. He gave the reason for this and said it is not uncommon. It happens because of the cure rate and moisture in the board. I guess I will live with it. Not really noticeable unless looking top down with bright light.

My TAF I got from them was like that. Horrid. My Meteor COULD be like that, but I sent it off to Kruzman.

3 weeks later
#205 3 years ago

Hey guys, wanted to give an update.

After talking to Kruzman, the decals ARE too thin. Because of this, they need special care when applying and clearing over.

I apologize, as I based the thickness after speaking to the printer, and not consulting with restorers (like Kruzman or Neo). He told me he was able to get the scores on, but had issues with the sanding.

So, having said that, if anyone wants to return the decals they got from me, I will offer refunds. I feel bad, but it's the right thing to do. I am currently talking with the printer - AND Kruzman - to see if a thicker film that is available will work.

If, in the meantime, anyone wants or needs the artwork, let me know. I don't mind sharing it - it's a join effort between A_Bord and myself, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind.

1 week later
#210 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

I sent my playfield to Neo last week. I told him what you said about the decals being thin hopefully it comes out ok.
My playfield looks even worse now after sitting for several months. Inserts have sunk in a bit and you see nothing but wood grain on the whole playfield.

Let me know how he does, and any comments he has on them, please!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

I had to paint over some digits that got washed away

Wait, *washed away*? Can I ask what clear you are/were using? That's.. a new outcome!

(Looks good though. Despite the missing text on CPR's fuckup, the colors are bright and crisp.)

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

The idea of a reverse printed mylar is incredibly attractive. I hope someone knows how to do this!!

Someone asked me about it too, and it's harder than it sounds, because of the adhesive - applying it after the fact requires special equipment (and/or, the mylar sheets pre-cut), and there really isn't a *clean* way to print on adhesive. Heh.

While I admit I'm talking to a couple companies right now, it is VERY slim chances I'll be able to do anything - for two reasons: First, other than negotiating and finding contractors (with my other job in the railroad industry), this is outside of my wheelhouse. I know basic printing processes, spot colors, CMYK and all the fun stuff, but industry and company and methodology knowledge is very limited. Second, cost. I am familiar with the idea that 'you can do ANYTHING if you have enough money!', and I really REALLY do not see there being enough interest to cover the cost of a sheet of these if I can get them made. (I mean, in theory, they could be as high as $600 for a sheet. Or worse, $1k for 10 sheets.) When running customs things, quantity greatly affects price, of course.

A few folks have asked for artwork, and I will be sending out EPS files to those that asked, as said before- I'm not copyrighting it, and A_Bord gets a LOT of the credit for finding a good/exact matching font. I just aligned them to fit and made them print-compatible.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

I mentioned it in a previous post; I'm actually not sure if it was naptha or clear coat that lifted/washed away some of the ink on the decals. I was using VM&P naptha, and spraymax 2k clear glamour high gloss CC in a rattle can. Note that the decals also wrinkled up when the CC was first applied, but flattened back out nicely before the CC set.

Ohoh! I missed that, apologies! Yeah, I believe that would be the Naptha, honestly. Despite that, your work looks pretty darn good. Thanks for letting me know.

Quoted from ibis:

Didn't some people just apply the water slide and then mylar over it? That would be just as good and the mylar would be pretty hard to see. Id be up for that!

Yeah, I know a few that have done this, and believe someone even posted a pic here earlier, it looks just fine (and the thin deals don't leave a 'raised' lip under the mylar.)

3 weeks later
#221 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Just got my playfield back from Neo and it looks Great! Decals are perfect. Neo got the playfield smooth as glass now. Like I said it was looking terrible when I sent it in, lots of woodgrain showing.
Time to start restoring the cabinet I guess.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Freakin' awesome!!

4 months later
#225 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Kind of feel like I'm bringing this back from the dead, but... Now that I'm seeing all of the things that are BAD with this playfield, I'm questioning how I want to move forward. I was just going to take mine (I'm doing everything on behalf of my friend, who actually now owns my old Meteor, so just know that when I say "me" or "I", I really mean him..but I'm doing it on his behalf) and have it recleared, but I have pretty much every single one of the issues noted above and now it pains me to look at some of this.
Coyote is it possible to get in on a waiting list for decals, or has that ship completely sailed? I'd be in for any/all that are available. I reached out to Kruzman but I don't even know if he's taking on new work at this time. I had heard a bit ago that he was more or less leaving the scene (hopefully untrue!) so I'm just not sure. I want to make this 'right' for my friend and not just slap lipstick on it and call it a day. Ultimately I know he'll be happier if a bit more effort is put into making this what it really should have been straight from CPR.

Decals have been made. I may have one or two left on hand, if you're interested. I will need to check and make sure.

AFAIK, Kruzman is still doing fields, but he's good, and in high demand. You may be waiting a year or so. (Again, I can't speak for him, heh, just saying based on what I have heard/know.)

#229 2 years ago

At least according to the pictures on the CPR website...it looks like ONLY those score values were added. The rest of the..... meh.... items... appear to still be there.

Looking at the overlaid colors in the main Meteor thread, I'm wondering if CPR's one single donor playfield was screened improperly, with one of the colors (the purple there) on TOP of the black, instead of under it. Since CPR admitted they only use one of each thing to base their repros off of (which is how we got the horrid wrong backglass originally), I would not be surprised if the field they had based the repros off of had this overlay like that.

2 months later
#231 2 years ago

For the record, today my last Score decal was sold.

I ONLY have one set (3) of the Rocket DT decals left. Doubt I'll get any more made, since CPR seems to have fixed their misprint.

#234 2 years ago

Can I snag a set of the rocket DT decals? I thought I was getting a set of those but must not have been very clear -- my bad!

Sure thing! Send me a PM with your address!

So that means, I'm out. I technically have a SINGLE Rocket DT decal, but one isn't very useful to anyone. Glad these have gone to folks working on restoring these Meteors.

1 month later
#236 2 years ago
Quoted from Sawyer10702:

Can anyone tell me what black paint they used for the cabinet? I just ordered some stencils. I've finished the playfield it was in bad shape and clear coated it. Time this machine goes back togetther , it's been to long. Cheers

You may have better luck posting this in the Meteor game thread, as this is for the playfield, and the ink they used on the eplayfield has nothing to do with what they used on the cabinet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards
$ 169.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-playfield-reproductions-coming?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.