20201207_220135_HDR (resized).jpg
20201116_181514 (resized).jpg
20201008_224010_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0459 (resized).jpg
waterslide_done (resized).jpeg
waterslide (resized).jpeg
kqga7x1 (resized).jpg
NZVbtA7 (resized).jpg
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 3 years ago

My CPR is off - but it's MORE accurate than my stock field. It .. dosen't bother me as much.

Decals are shipped, and apparently FedEx is taking their f*cking time. Will keep everyone updated once they're delivered.

#152 3 years ago

Weird, my OG looks centered left to right.

#153 3 years ago

Honestly everyone has been playing Meteor for 41 years with the post the way it is. Changing it now would almost feel weird.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Decals are shipped, and apparently FedEx is taking their f*cking time. Will keep everyone updated once they're delivered.

I have a USPS package in limbo at the moment, it has not moved in shipping for 20 days, not happy.

#155 3 years ago

Yeah, it hasn't moved from Philly.
I sent the printer an email Saturday, and will call them Tuesday when they open up, and see if they can either (1) Contact FedEx, or (2) send me another order.

I have a PF waiting on these, as do you guys.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Yes, that centre post mis-alignment is bugging me too (more so than the missing text!). I was considering plugging and redrilling the CPR repro but that decision is still a few weeks away as I'm in the middle of a Black Hole pf swap.

I did that to their Black Knight playfield.
I did not like the position they put the hole for the spinner mini post.

#157 3 years ago

A few pics with the Reese Rails.

20200527_141750 (resized).jpg20200527_141750 (resized).jpg20200527_141814 (resized).jpg20200527_141814 (resized).jpg20200527_141831 (resized).jpg20200527_141831 (resized).jpg
#158 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

A few pics with the Reese Rails.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!!

#159 3 years ago

Am going to hear from the printer tomorrow - am expecting them to send me a second order to make up for the order that.. apparently Philly really likes.

#160 3 years ago

Update. Good news, bad news.

I am no longer a fan of this publisher. (This is not the ALPS printer that I was originally going to work with.)

Called them up, and was sent to VM. Left a message. Since it's been a month since I paid, and the item is (obviously) lost in FedEx land, I sent them another email, pretty much saying, "Okay, send another batch."

They refused. So, I'm filing a chargeback with my CC company for this.

I also just placed an order with another company I found online that had specs on their printer that was pretty nice and would do the job. Will keep everyone updated.

#161 3 years ago

Good for you! Sounds like they are a bunch of jerks.

#162 3 years ago

Whohoo. Just heard back from this new company, files were in the perfect format, and so I should be getting them next week.

#163 3 years ago

Decals arrived. Will be contacting people for payment. Once I'm out of this tele-meeting, will snap some pics.

#164 3 years ago

I’d love to see pics of these installed once they come in!

#165 3 years ago

I crashed last night before uploading the pics. D'oh.
White on clear. The light blue in the images are the backing to the decals.

Will start replying to PMs today, asking for addresses and give info on shipping charges. Will be doing a handful at a time, so I can keep track of everything. Idf you don't hear from me today, wait. May be tomorrow, may be Friday. You'll hear. ... Unless you never told me you wanted a set, of course.

NZVbtA7 (resized).jpgNZVbtA7 (resized).jpgkqga7x1 (resized).jpgkqga7x1 (resized).jpg

#166 3 years ago

Thanks for doing this, @coyote. There will be a lot more excellent Meteors out there for it.

#167 3 years ago

Second batch of notifications went out.

When they ship, I will forward tracking number. I HOPE to get as many out Saturday as I can. However, depending on when I get payment, and when I run out of envelopes. (More are ordered on the way.)

#168 3 years ago

Okay, if you got a tracking number from me as of this post now, then your envelope went out today. Most folks should get theirs Monday or Tuesday - those that live on the opposite side of the country from me may take until Wednesday.

#169 3 years ago

So, what's the recommended method for applying these? Should we slap em on, then clear coat over them? Should the area under the decals be lightly sanded first, to promote adhesion? Or are they durable and thin enough that we can just stick em down and play?

#170 3 years ago

these are standard waterslide decals. AFAIK, they can go on smooth surfaces, but will need to be protected once applied. (Cleared over at best, mylar may work..)

This video was refereced to me when I had placed the order:

#171 3 years ago

Okay, as of today, all decals are sent out, save for a few people that either contacted me after I placed the order, or added to their quantity. I will go through in the order in which I was contacted until I have none left. (Either no decals, or no more people.)

It looks like that for the Rocket DT Text, I may run out. For the METEOR Scores, I will have some extras.

I had mentioned earlier that there had looked to be a price difference - unfortunately, with the shipping issue with the original printer, and the new printer steppin g up and getting them out in record time, that price difference is *negligible* - cents on the dollar. (By my calculation, it looks like that everyone would get back 4.3 cents per SCORE, and 10.3 cents per Rocket DT Text. Unless you honestly want this back, I will donate this overage to Pinside once the last of the orders are out.

1 week later
#172 3 years ago

Has anyone applied their decals from Coyote yet? I haven't had time, but would love to see some pictures.

#173 3 years ago

I would like to see too!

I'm currently in the works of ordering more of the Rocket DT Text decals - if anyone wants some, let me know.

1 week later
#174 3 years ago

So far, so good!! You can juuuuust see the edge of the 6000 decal. I cut them with scissors as recommended. I left some room on the top of the 6000, but I cut the 2000 very close to the ink, so that may hide the edge a bit better. Hoping the edges will be completely invisible after the clear coat. The yellow arrows really help to align each decal. Big thanks to Coyote !

waterslide (resized).jpegwaterslide (resized).jpeg

#175 3 years ago

Hopefully will be giving my re-painted original and the CPR repro a new clear coat tomorrow. The trouble is finding a full face respirator. Everywhere around here is sold out on account of covid.

#176 3 years ago

Quick and easy. I also made sure to wipe each landing area with naptha before applying the decal. I didn't need microset or anything. Just a q-tip, water, gentle tweezers. The decals are quite forgiving. A little finnicky to get placed just right because of how easily they slide around, but it just requires an ounce of patience. Now if only there was a decal that brought the detail back to the explosion above the spinner :p

waterslide_done (resized).jpegwaterslide_done (resized).jpeg

#177 3 years ago

Those loom awesome!

Thanks CPR

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Hopefully will be giving my re-painted original and the CPR repro a new clear coat tomorrow. The trouble is finding a full face respirator. Everywhere around here is sold out on account of covid.

No time like the present to invest in that supplied air kit that you've always wanted.

#179 3 years ago

Im on the fence about getting a CPR repo because of the mistakes. That, plus the need to re-clear it! But those decals do look awesome. If I decided to buy a PF are there any decals left?

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

No time like the present to invest in that supplied air kit that you've always wanted.

I ordered a full face for a bit over $100. Going to use that in a well ventilated area. I'm going to test to make sure the mask seals well around my face; if its not a perfect seal, ill get the hardware to convert it to supplied air. Thinking i may be able to just use my airbrush compressor to supply the air haha.

#181 3 years ago

Welp, my airbrush compressor doesn't produce enough CFM to act as a supplied air pump. I was considering making my own supplied air system by pumping air into my mask from a larger compressor, but to do that safely, the compressor has to be oilless, (i guess even with oil traps, some amount of oil gets through?) and oilless compressors have pretty low CFM, so it may not work well anyway. Plus those small compressors are just about useless. Anyway, i found a supplied air system that uses a squirrel cage blower on ebay for $200. Should be here in 13 days. Not excited about the wait. The portable pumps that painters use are either super expensive, or would take a month to arrive.

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from ibis:

Im on the fence about getting a CPR repo because of the mistakes. That, plus the need to re-clear it! But those decals do look awesome. If I decided to buy a PF are there any decals left?

I have a few more of the SCORE decals available.

I am considering ordering another sheet of the Rocket DT Text. WOuld like two or more people contact me and waiting before I do, though, because otherwise I just threw money away.

#183 3 years ago

Well, while I had the original playfield stripped, I decided to make some insert modifications, but it turns out that meteor uses 7/8" inserts which are absolutely impossible to find. Guess it's staying the way it is.

#184 3 years ago

Anoter follow-up.
I am going to be having another sheet of the Rocket DT Text decals. If you want one, please let me know.

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Anoter follow-up.
I am going to be having another sheet of the Rocket DT Text decals. If you want one, please let me know.

Print an extra and ship it to CPR since they can't figure out how to fix it.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Print an extra and ship it to CPR since they can't figure out how to fix it.

They wouldn't pay me. And if roles were reversed, they wouldn't do that for me.

#187 3 years ago

If roles were reversed it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

1 week later
#188 3 years ago

If anybody is interested, I was able to make some 7/8" inserts in various colors. I'll post pictures soon, once I run a couple more colors.

#189 3 years ago

I just got in the second sheet of Rocket DropTarget text decals. Those that were waiting already will hear from me soon.
If anyone wants a set, let me know.

I will try to get shipments out ASAP, but I leave on a cross-country drive (away from Virus hot-spots) a week from today. If I don't hear from you in time, I'll get it out when I get back.

2 months later
#190 3 years ago

So what has been the consensus on the water slides? Mylar or CC? If CC are you just shooting the clear straight on the PF, sanding, polishing? Reason I ask is how are you getting any tooth for the new clear to grip?

I am going to be ordering a CPR Meteor soon, can I still get a set of the decals? PM sent to Coyote.

#191 3 years ago

I can't comment on that, really - I sent my playfield (and my copies of the decals) off to Kruzman, who's clearing it for me. I would be interested to hear what and how other people have done with the decals.

I'm OUT of the Rocket DT 'corrected font' decals. I have only a few (I believe, 4, give or take) of the Metor DT 'missing score' decals.

I CAN get more printed of each, but because of minimum quantity needed by the printer, I'd need to have a waiting list first.

#192 3 years ago

Not great news regarding the decals; I sprayed a normal thickness coat of cc from a rattle can down, and noticed that some paint had flaked off of the decals, and they started to wrinkle up. Luckilly, after the cc dried, the decals unwrinkled mostly. Some sandpaper and another coat of cc should fix that right up. Now to be clear, Im unsure whether it was the cc, or a preceding swipe of naptha that removed some paint. My guess is the naptha, and i just didnt notice it till after the clear was applied. Plus I would expect to see the white paint chips floating around in the cc if that's what took it off. In any case, a little white paint to sharpen up the edges of the numbers, followed by another layer of cc should do the trick.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Not great news regarding the decals; I sprayed a normal thickness coat of cc from a rattle can down, and noticed that some paint had flaked off of the decals, and they started to wrinkle up. Luckilly, after the cc dried, the decals unwrinkled mostly. Some sandpaper and another coat of cc should fix that right up. Now to be clear, Im unsure whether it was the cc, or a preceding swipe of naptha that removed some paint. My guess is the naptha, and i just didnt notice it till after the clear was applied. Plus I would expect to see the white paint chips floating around in the cc if that's what took it off. In any case, a little white paint to sharpen up the edges of the numbers, followed by another layer of cc should do the trick.

Fff! G*damit. Keep me informed, please. I haven't heard anything from Kruzman yet, and am now tempted to ping him and inquire.

Thanks for letting me know. (In the airport, waiting for plane.)

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from djd9617:

Sounds like you used too much CC. First coat on decals should be a light dusting.

#195 3 years ago

Correct, always a light dust of CC if from a rattle can or a HPLV gun. This sets the piece in place and allows for a little cure on top of the product to accept the heavier coat. I have done waterslides on an entire playfield for Earthshaker and didn't have any issue of curling or wrinkling of any kind.

#196 3 years ago

Welp, the more you know...
Luckily it's salvageable. Hopefully Kruzman knows to put a light coat down first.

1 week later
#197 3 years ago

I ordered a gold meteor CPR a few months back and am now ready to install. Take a look at this pic. Anyone else have this issue with their pf - notice the grain in the clear. The whole pf is like that.

IMG_0459 (resized).jpgIMG_0459 (resized).jpg
#198 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

I ordered a gold meteor CPR a few months back and am now ready to install. Take a look at this pic. Anyone else have this issue with their pf - notice the grain in the clear. The whole pf is like that.
[quoted image]

Mine was smooth as glass :\

#199 3 years ago

Received a nice email from Kevin at CPR. He gave the reason for this and said it is not uncommon. It happens because of the cure rate and moisture in the board. I guess I will live with it. Not really noticeable unless looking top down with bright light.

1 week later
#200 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Received a nice email from Kevin at CPR. He gave the reason for this and said it is not uncommon. It happens because of the cure rate and moisture in the board. I guess I will live with it. Not really noticeable unless looking top down with bright light.

My TAF I got from them was like that. Horrid. My Meteor COULD be like that, but I sent it off to Kruzman.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-playfield-reproductions-coming/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.