Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

METEOR.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_20150106_230629.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Which DT version for the "M"? The tombstone version or the hat/hood version?

#5 8 years ago

I'll check my stash of "extras" tomorrow. I only have the tombstone variety in my stash.

#10 8 years ago

Sorry, no extra "M"s in the stash.

#19 8 years ago

I'm in for a Meteor PF, whenever it happens.

#26 8 years ago

I'll take one Galaxy PF too, please and thank you.

Back to the OP, I have had success using blank repro drops from PBR with METEOR decals added to them. They don't "sweep" as well on a ricochet off the 2 bank, but they play well enough and look good. I'm saving my tombstone set for the eventual PF swap (I have a touched up and cleared with Varathane PF from Phoebe). Now I'm wondering if I should wait for a CPR...

#32 8 years ago

Pretty sure there were no repro'd tombstones. If you have them, they're original. I'm jealous of your original spinner in good shape; mine came with a Xenon spinner.

#38 8 years ago

As have I. I keep hoping someone will make a set of high quality repro stickers, so I don't have to figure out how to make them myself.

#40 8 years ago

The set I bought from Action Pinball was better than that, but I don't think they sell them any more.

#42 8 years ago

Just be sure you apply the stickers high enough on the drop target. I put them on in what seemed to be a logical arrangement (with the drops out of the game, but the letters sit too low when installed. It doesn't look bad, but it also doesn't look as good as it should. Now I need to remember what I perceived as the weakness of their stickers. They apply easily and hold tight and wear well. If I remember correctly, the black could have been darker/deeper and the resolution could have been better. They are probably the best bet on the market, and they are certainly tolerable. Thanks for finding them; my latest search was obviously too cursory.

Steve

#43 8 years ago

I see they've added spinner decals as well. Nice.

#46 8 years ago

I'd suspect the paint as well, as mine have been stuck tight for years. They are certainly good enough from the normal, game playing distance. Like many things in life, little shortcomings can be found up close.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-plastics?tu=Evets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.