• 114 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Target_Meteor (resized).jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

I asked Pinball Rescue (the Aussies) about making plastics for Meteor. They will only do them if he gets an order of at least 10. If I can prove there's a good enough demand, he might make them. Please chime in if you are interested.

#2 4 years ago

I would be - but it'd be interesting to see which upper-left size/shape they end up making..

#3 4 years ago

I'd take a set even though I don't own the game. It's always been a machine I've wanted a VERY nice example of but haven't found yet.

Now if CPR would only do a playfield for it...

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just wonder if ownership of the movie might be a problem for licensing.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I just wonder if ownership of the movie might be a problem for licensing.

It might be, but he didn't bring that up. I know they stopped selling the Bally apron decals because of PPS rights.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'd take a set even though I don't own the game. It's always been a machine I've wanted a VERY nice example of but haven't found yet.

I hear ya Robert. I actually wish John Greatwich would do it. He's been so wrapped up in the SG playfields the last 2 years. I want to order his Seawitch when they get started. There's a Meteor on the market place that was just listed with cool orange side rails and lockdown bar.

#7 4 years ago

unfortunately the plastics on my game are pretty nice. I just need everything else

Glass and Playfield if anyone is maintaining a list for those.

-c

#8 4 years ago

I'm in. I don't own one yet either but it's high on my wanted list.

#9 4 years ago

I would be interested if they get the colors right. The ones sold on ebay are off.
ebay.com link » Stern Meteor 10 Piece Pinball Machine Plastic Set Brand New 6 Color Screen Print
And I doubt movie licensing would be an issue. I don't see METEOR on any of the plastics.

#10 4 years ago

Well we're up to 6 people so far.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I would be interested if they get the colors right. The ones sold on ebay are off.
ebay.com link ยป Stern Meteor 10 Piece Pinball Machine Plastic Set Brand New 6 Color Screen Print
And I doubt movie licensing would be an issue. I don't see METEOR on any of the plastics.

Yes I was informed about the ebay plastics colors. For now it's all we have and color is in the eye of the beholder. Yeah, I don't see licensing being an issue either. I think Stern is a little more tolerable with reproduction parts than you know who!

I just emailed Lee Feldwick, asking about price and color matching. Will hopefully hear back tomorrow.

By the way, they sell nice apron decals for some of the early solid state sterns and are working on a new black and orange decal for the wide body apron.

#12 4 years ago

Do we need to email Pinball Rescue and express our interest or is Lee happy to take numbers from here?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Do we need to email Pinball Rescue and express our interest or is Lee happy to take numbers from here?

Adam, that's a great idea. Lee said at least 10 orders just to consider making them. He's hesitant mainly because there is a repro set already available. the Meteor was a high production game so I think we can get this done.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Adam, that's a great idea. Lee said at least 10 orders just to consider making them. He's hesitant mainly because there is a repro set already available. the Meteor was a high production game so I think we can get this done.

No worries Rich, I've just send Lee an email confirming my commitment to buy if these get done.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

No worries Rich, I've just send Lee an email confirming my commitment to buy if these get done.

ok, I still haven't heard back from them regarding today's email

#16 4 years ago

I'd take a set just as backup for a rainy day.

#17 4 years ago

Got email from Lee Feldwick from Pinball Rescue. He would like anyone that is interested in ordering a set of Meteor plastics to email him directly so he can keep a list of interested persons on file. So please do this so we can keep this going. Cost can't be determined until they are made, but I don't think they will be over priced.

sales@pinballrescue.net

#18 4 years ago

I received an email back also. It'll be great to see these done, hopefully we get the numbers.

1 week later
#19 4 years ago

Pinball rescue has only received 1 email so far, we need at least 10 for the Meteor plastics to be made. Please get on board if you want them.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Pinball rescue has only received 1 email so far, we need at least 10 for the Meteor plastics to be made. Please get on board if you want them.

Are you saying 1 plus yours Rich or don't they have a record of mine?

#21 4 years ago

Well I got off my buto and contacted them. So there should be at least 3 people interested haha

#22 4 years ago

Yes 3 including myself. Thanks!

#24 4 years ago

Thanks! Keep em coming!

#25 4 years ago

Email sent.

#26 4 years ago

Email sent

#27 4 years ago

ok, we're half way there...

#28 4 years ago

interested and email sent to Lee

#29 4 years ago

Well, with CPR eventually making the playfield (artwork is supposedly finished, waiting on backglass artwork), these should be a good seller.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Well, with CPR eventually making the playfield (artwork is supposedly finished, waiting on backglass artwork), these should be a good seller.

Where did you hear this?

#31 4 years ago

Im getting a restored pf. Cant wait for cpr although Im sure it will be awesome

#32 4 years ago

Anyone else? I think we need a few more...

#33 4 years ago

Got confirmation from Lee. We have enough interest to get the Meteor plastics made. He just needs a donor set for the artwork which he's working on getting now. I will update when I find out anything. Thanks everyone!

#34 4 years ago

Great news, thanks for the update

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Where did you hear this?

It was in another thread from Stu months ago. I believe he was asking for suggestions. Anyway, Meteor is not on the current pre-order list so it will be years away.

#36 4 years ago

Email sent

#37 4 years ago

I sent Lee a promissory e-mail a few days ago.

1 week later
#38 4 years ago

Lee has a donor set so it shouldn't be long now!

#39 4 years ago

Ok so now I have a bg and will have plastics. Just need a playfield....

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Ok so now I have a bg and will have plastics. Just need a playfield....

I have a NOS backglass with red score display windows. What's the story with those? It does have some paint cracks in the center gray area. Not sure how to preserve the rest of it.

#41 4 years ago

That's what I have too. Some scratches from storage. I don't know the story on the red windows though.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's what I have too. Some scratches from storage. I don't know the story on the red windows though.

I hear proto and also export so who knows

#43 4 years ago

anyone have a NOS or really nice glass they would like to sell?

2 weeks later
#44 4 years ago

Meteor playfields are up on the CPR preorder page!
"Measuring interest" at the moment.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

I signed up for one, hope they run it.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

No waaaaaaay!!! Now I can be less picky while looking for one!! Hopefully I'll have a Meteor by the end of May

#47 4 years ago

Just signed up for one. Thanks for the heads up. Man these need to be made fast.

#48 4 years ago

just signed up as well. Lets get this done people.

#49 4 years ago

I signed up too.

#50 4 years ago

Just voted for a Meteor playfield!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7.00
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside