Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cat.jpg
026.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lindsey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Could definitely be a connector issue. There are a lot of preventative maintenance problems with these old games.

I would start by checking the voltages at the MPU, as mentioned. Solenoid fuses seem to like to blow for me when I move games which would cause the MPU LED to lock on, though I would expect that less with the new fuses which would be in the new rectifier board.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Blown PF solenoid fuse would do nothing. Game would boot. Blown rectifier 43v fuse will stop the zero X timer, so with that failure it would flash up 6 times and fail the 7th POST flash.

Actually, it wouldn't do nothing and the game would NOT boot. But you're right about the 7th flash. Remembered later that we're talking Bally and it would flash 6 times. Whoops

No +12V would also cause the MPU LED to lock on as it's part of the reset circuit.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The PF solenoid fuse is just for the 43v on pf. This fuse does not interupt the MPUs 43v line it uses for zero crossing. Blown pf fuse game will boot, chimes, flippers, knocker work, but no PF solenoids. Blown 43v fuse on the rectifier board = no boot because no 7th flash.
The LED on the MPU is powered by 12v and not 5v. No 12v, No diag led.

Right. I was referring to the fuse on the rectifier board when I said "solenoid fuse". I didn't notice that you thought I was talking about the PF fuse because that wouldn't make any sense at all. Like you mentioned, the playfield fuse is after the bridge and after the flippers so it wouldn't cause the MPU to not boot. I blew the diagnosis, but I haven't completely lost it

Quoted from barakandl:

This is incorrect. Stuck slam switch will cause the game to reboot once attract mode starts and repeat over and over. It will not stop the power on self test flashes. Trust me on this one. The software is not monitoring switches until attract mode. You can try it yourself, hold closed the slam switch on the coin door.

Agreed. Take a look at the schematic. Slam switches are in the switch matrix and the CPU has no way to know what the switch matrix is doing until the game code is running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.00
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lindsey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-locked?tu=lindsey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.