Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Everytime I hit my flppper bottons the lights dim or flash and it effects the target banks ( bank of 6)

Whats wrong???

#2 11 years ago

bad ground OR more likely that the flipper coils have slightly melted and are sourcing too much current.

1 year later
#3 10 years ago

I am having this same problem on my TSPP. I checked the End of Stroke (EOS) switches and they are functioning perfectly. The lights dim in the back glass more noticeably than in the playfield with the right flipper button more than the left. Now there are 3 flippers on the right in TSPP and 2 on the left so possibly the increased dimming is related in that way.

My flipper coils look good and I see no melting though I'm not sure how to check them fully, what should I do?

How can I check for a bad ground?

@Flyer666, did you fix your problem?

I see a lot of people online just living with this problem but I'm afraid that will lead to something more serious breaking.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from CDogster:

I am having this same problem on my TSPP. I checked the End of Stroke (EOS) switches and they are functioning perfectly. The lights dim in the back glass more noticeably than in the playfield with the right flipper button more than the left. Now there are 3 flippers on the right in TSPP and 2 on the left so possibly the increased dimming is related in that way.
My flipper coils look good and I see no melting though I'm not sure how to check them fully, what should I do?
How can I check for a bad ground?
@Flyer666, did you fix your problem?
I see a lot of people online just living with this problem but I'm afraid that swill lead to something more serious breaking.

Excuse any errors in my math. This is my opinion on the problem:

98% of the time this will be solved by repinning all of the connectors (namely the power supply, using trifurcon female connector pins and new male pins, especially on every solenoid feed and GI feeds)
1% of the time the transformer is just too weak and old to supply enough current
1% entirely something else weird.

#5 10 years ago

Well it's a machine built in 2003 so I doubt the transformer is too weak. I have been installing LED lights lately in the machine and while I heard that LEDs are less current overall I do worry that this has somehow caused it.

By repinning the connectors, do you mean unplugging and plugging them back in? I see the power supply board and I've done that already but I'm afraid what you're saying is more involved with the wiring.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from CDogster:

I'm afraid what you're saying is more involved with the wiring.

Yes it is, for all the reasons why and great information check this link:
http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pearl River, NY
$ 16.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-i-hit-my-flppper-bottons-the-lights-dim-or-flash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.