(Topic ID: 188485)

(Fixed) Meteor all controlled lamps flickering

By JT-Pinball

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jt-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Working towards getting my project Meteor to 100%. Game starts and plays but all controlled lamps are flickering. Dose this in game play and lamp test. They are not LED just regular #47 bulbs.

#3 6 years ago

Hey Andrew! Can I do that with my DMM?

#5 6 years ago

I'll look at it when I get home today. To help, let me go thru where I am. This MPU has worked fine in two other games. That said, I did have an issue getting it to boot when I moved it to Meteor. I reseated chips and played around and it fired up. I repined all female MPU connectors, and LDB connection to MPU at J4. Pulled lamp driver to make sure it was good. It had Akali puked on the back of it. Swapped for a good lamp driver, no change. Checked playfield for open grounds. I messed with the MPU last night before I got tired and needed new eyes. I do want to say I had 21V at TP3. That also makes sense as I have a booting MPU and getting the 7Th flash. My understanding is that the 7th flash is not frequency driven but voltage driven. So I will check U10 -18 first and make sure I have the correct frequency.

#6 6 years ago

I have 21.5V and 120hz at TP3

#7 6 years ago

So if you have a Stern MPU - 200 and you happen to have a break in the jumper between E32 and E33. your game plays almost fine. Just is slow to score the drain and the feature lights all flicker.

#10 6 years ago

I had never played Meteor, prior to buying this game. The lights being the most obvious issue caused me to focused on the lights at first. I pulled some video of the game play and that is when I really noticed other issues. It acted like what happens when the 5101 is bad or mismatched on speed. But this board has your NVRAM installed. So I knew that wasn't it. Last game I had this in was a -100 game so I stared checking continuity on anything I had touched and found the break.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jt-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-has-all-flashing-controlled-lamps?tu=jt-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.