• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D41A5A96-7433-4493-AE93-A860D8D03108 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I’m trying to bring a forgotten Meteor back from the dead. I’ve installed a new RottenDog rectifier, new Alltek MPU, Alltek SD and a rebuilt sound board. Worked through a bunch of issues till I almost have a fully playing game. Last main issue is the F4 fuse on the rectifier blowing the instant i touch the left flipper button. The flipper doesn’t even twitch, blows F4 instantly. I’ve swapped out the coil/diodes from the known good upper playfield flipper, no change. I’ve unsoldered that EOS switch to remove it from the circuit, no change. I’ve inspected the wiring to and from the solenoid and cabinet switch, and it seems to be in good shape. With the new boards and the coil swap I seem to be stuck with my limited knowledge on pinball repair. Would love to hear if anyone has any ideas, tips or advice to help me solve this last problem and finally bring this game back to life. Thanks in advance!

D41A5A96-7433-4493-AE93-A860D8D03108 (resized).jpegD41A5A96-7433-4493-AE93-A860D8D03108 (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

change out your end of stroke switch's (put in new) and the flipper side cabinet button switch's, if there burnt, the'll caused extra power draw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-flipper-blowing-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.