• Latest reply 3 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 3 years ago

where can i purchase meteor flipper base plates

#2 3 years ago

If they are just rusty, you can usually clean them up, de-rust in evaporust, then either tumble or buff them.

But, if you need new ones, it looks like they were made available somewhat recently:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2413

Note that since these are found in newer classic stern games, the mounting holes won't all line up on a meteor, so you will need to drill some new pilot holes.

#3 3 years ago

Depends which type of base plate you want. As forceflow says, the newer type is available. The older (flush with playfield) type might not be. Meteors shipped with both types, I think?

Why do you need a new one? Short of stripped holes I've never actually needed a new base plate

#4 3 years ago

Operators would do terrible things to the flipper plates. My guess is the parts became unavailable well before they broke and well before the games came off route. The newer style will swap with no problem. The flipper bushing is a different length. The last 3 Meteors I restored I bought the full assembly for the lower flippers and rebuilt the top flipper. There is nothing like a set of fresh classic Stern flippers. They are the heart of the game.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2411

#5 3 years ago

I am refurbing a non-working Meteor i recently purchsed. I need new ones cause all three are broke in half! i could make them work but.....not good. thanks for the leads

#6 3 years ago

The Generation 2 flipper assemblies which are now available from Pinball Life are much beefier than the original Generation 1 assemblies which most of the Meteor games had. Sure a couple of new pilot holes need to be drilled in the playfield, but the newer assemblies are better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside