• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ita47
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 3 years ago

Finally have gotten around to doing a Meteor PF swap. A couple of drop targets were in bad shape so I ordered a full replacement set from Marco. Installed with no problem but the targets are short. Bottom of each number and letter is below the pf when targets are set. I don't see any way mechanically to adjust them higher. Measured one against an original and sure enough, the the small tab that catches when the target is set is shorter than on the original.

Anyone else have this issue? If so, did you find a solution?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Finally have gotten around to doing a Meteor PF swap. A couple of drop targets were in bad shape so I ordered a full replacement set from Marco. Installed with no problem but the targets are short. Bottom of each number and letter is below the pf when targets are set. I don't see any way mechanically to adjust them higher. Measured one against an original and sure enough, the the small tab that catches when the target is set is shorter than on the original.
Anyone else have this issue? If so, did you find a solution?

This was discussed a few times in the Stern group and elsewhere. Marcos buys their drop targets from Pinball Resource (the manufacturer) and marks them up. I think it’s a problem with the drop target mold is the original from the 70s, and Pinball Resource doesn’t want to pay to make a new mold. I think someone figured out how to modify the drops/banks.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-1980-sterns-quicksilver-stargazer-seawitch

#3 3 years ago

Physically pushing them up using a shim ....bluespin got it as I was posting.
I'll look for exact post

#4 3 years ago

I'd love to see the fix. I picked up a Meteor on Wednesday with the same issue.

#5 3 years ago

Looked for the post and can't find it. If you locate it, please post.

Thanks!

#6 3 years ago

Pinwiki talks about the Stern drop targets. May or may not help.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Stern_.28Classic.29

#9 3 years ago

Thanks. That will work for the the three, three target banks. The METEOR bank is different with the solenoids. No was to add a shim, or at least not that type of shim.

#10 3 years ago

Could not think of an elegant solution for the the METEOR drops. I am concerned if I shim each one individually it will affect the balance/weight of the solenoid plate that the drops need to move when knocked down.

I cleaned up the originals as good as possible and have reinstalled them. A shame that the replacements were not made to spec.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Could not think of an elegant solution for the the METEOR drops. I am concerned if I shim each one individually it will affect the balance/weight of the solenoid plate that the drops need to move when knocked down.
I cleaned up the originals as good as possible and have reinstalled them. A shame that the replacements were not made to spec.

I agree, I don't understand why they keep reproducing something that doesn't work correctly. Fix the molds!! I have a broken drop target in my Meteor bank, I would like to find an original replacement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 169.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Boards
Troxel Repair

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-drop-target-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.