Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by setzkor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohmi_arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The 'METEOR' drop target bank on a recently acquired Williams meteor isn't behaving as I would expect. On a one player game it resets all of the drop target (up - which I believe is correct). It then drops some of the targets back down. The problem is that the ones that drop don't correspond 100% to the state of the targets at the end of the ball. I guess I expect the targets to remember and mimic their exact state at the end of the prior ball. Before I starts ripping things apart, however, I thought that I would confirm my understanding of the proper operation of the 'METEOR' targets. Can anyone confirm that I have an issue here?... Or maybe I misunderstand how the memory function works. Thanks!

#3 8 years ago

Thanks! I love drop targets but they can be such a pain when they don't work correctly.

#6 8 years ago

Great information... thanks everyone!

#8 8 years ago

It appears that some that shouldn't drop do, in fact, drop and others that should drop don't. I looked at it a bit tonight and it seems that I have at least one switch that isn't registering correctly but that doesn't explain everything. It might be a combination of mechanical issues and switch input issues. I'm going to look more at it tomorrow.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Do the "bad" targets drop immediately or after a slight pause? If immediate it sounds like the target is not being held by the metal stop correctly. .

Yes, that's what it does. I think that might be it. Will try to take a look at that this weekend. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ohmi_arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-drop-target-memory-working?tu=ohmi_arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.