IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#449 7 years ago

Just moved my Meteor upstairs and I'm having sound problems now. Game has a rebuilt sound board, 2 new cables from Mpu to sound board and also nvram for u8/u13. Any ideas what might be causing this? See video:

20161001_185457 (resized).jpg20161001_185457 (resized).jpg

#451 7 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I'm not aware of any after marker sound boards made for Stern MPU 200 games. Did you disconnect the ribbon cables during the move? I would double check all the connections in the backbox.

You're right, it's not aftermarket it was just rebuilt. Yes I totally removed the head and ALL connections to all boards. I will double check all the connections again.

#460 7 years ago

Fixed my Meteor sound issue, see my thread above if you're curious. Thanks again everyone

1 week later
#462 7 years ago

Anyone know a part number or size for the METAL slingshot threaded posts that go down through the playfield? I believe someone has installed the wrong ones on my game.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Not sure what you're asking for, can you post a pic?

There are 4 posts that go through the playfield and the slingshot plastics. 2 in each plastic. They go through the playfield, through the red posts and through the slingshot plastic and then into the acorn nut.

On my game the metal posts just have a round nub on the bottom under the playfield and look to be held on by glue. Is there supposed to be a TNUT or something for those playfield posts to screw into?

Here's some different styles for example...

post2 (resized).jpgpost2 (resized).jpg

post1 (resized).jpgpost1 (resized).jpg

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

They are carriage bolts and have a square shank by the head which is supposed to keep them from turning in the playfield. Topside, each post should be secured with a standard nut under the plastic.

Thanks, mine def has a carriage bolt still, and lovef2k gave me some ideas to fix mine. Thanks boys

1 week later
#500 7 years ago

Think I just got the Meteor software bug today...

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from erichill:

I don't think I've ever played meteor with the original ROM. Is there a specific situation that triggers the infinite bonus count?

"This game does have a software bug and it's even copied onto the Altek boards. Every couple hundred games or so if you have the 1X, 2X and 4X bonus lit and end the ball the game will go into an (almost) endless loop of counting the bonus over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over 255 times then end. Just an FYI."

My game has an Alltek....

#504 7 years ago

I think I had4x bonus and had a house ball that had zero rocket bonus....but I'm not 100% postive on that. The bonus counted down for 30secs or more until I power cycled it lol

11 months later
#762 6 years ago

I adjusted the rod on mine and they don't do that anymore. I had to adjust one side higher than the other..

6 months later
#869 5 years ago

It's only happened to me twice in many many many games. You need 7x bonus, and then hit the spinner, then get collect bonus on the outlanes. Think that's the way it works....

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/hqY7fAb2E28

1 month later
#890 5 years ago

I'd love that light board too!!

2 months later
#951 5 years ago

I need a backglass too! I wonder if CPR is going to do one?

2 months later
#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

It might be a bug but if it's part of the game then players should be allowed to exploit it. I say keep it in, learn to replicate it, and destroy the competition.

Except I don't believe it ever stops scoring points....so the next player could never play

10 months later
#1348 4 years ago

Anyone still making the aftermarket insert light boards for Meteor? I may want a complete set

2 months later
#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from woz:

That original playfield looks to be in very good shape. I wouldn't bother doing a swap.
Love the 7 digit mod. Another item on the to-do list!

woz When you figure out the 7digit mod, order double the parts, and help me get mine done too Meteor is so good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdotcom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=tomdotcom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.