IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Evets:

Meteor has a fun spinner shot. If I remember correctly, Scott Charles tweaked the performance of his spinner until he was getting 100k for a single rip through (don't quote me on that number, but his results were impressive). How tuned is your spinner? The best I've noticed on mine is 81k; time for a tune up?

81k is big i can only get about 50k out of mine ...but its set for 1 point per rotation

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The pricing plates and coin slot part missing from the pics I posted.

call pinball resource. i have bought a bunch of nos plates and slot plastics from him. he will tell you they are not perfect but they were better than what i had and certainly better than what you currently have

4 years later
#2030 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Done! And no rush whatsoever. I'm aiming for getting him up and running with a smooth playing machine and he's just going to enjoy it for a bit. Doing anything with this CPR playfield was really just so that it would be done whenever he wanted to do the swap down the road anyway. But now that I know all of the bad things about it....I kind of want to fix it prior to doing the swap. Whether that means Kruzman or we try our own hand at it, I don't know. But some of the details on this....meh.

I just ordered the last meteor pf cpr had in stock today. Are you saying they are not clear coated? Or not clear coated to your liking?

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I bought one in the beginning. I was on the "boutique" list from the start. Beside the missing score values, mine is very nice. I matched up to a stripped original and all of the major cut-outs were spot on as was the thickness of the wood. Clear is perfect.

Thanks F2K. It looks like the score values are on this one, Were they all missing?

RB

#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

They're cleared, just not to the standard that a third party person would do it to. Once the clear soaked into the wood mine ended up having the ridge effect on it, didn't matter too much to me as I had to have it recleared anyway due to the missing numbers - just got that back from CaptainNeo and it looks great. This will eventually be next to my other meteor that has a NOS PF/BG in it so everyone can gnash their teeth and complain as they compare back and forth
I'll leave one as 6 digit version and other as the 7 digit mod version.

Thanks Slochar. I just received a QS PF and plastics from Mirco and it looks pretty good. Same with SW from greatwich. Although the ones I did myself do appear to have thicker/glossier finishes. I will probably install all as is for fear of having something go poorly when i add more clear. I just don't have enough experience/confidence to risk ruining something I just paid 900 bucks for.

RB

#2036 3 years ago

Thanks for the clarification KSU. I was looking at this. Must be a reflection. Looks like a rooster load attached to the egg yolk. Don't need no rooster loads in my meteor....

32d2c6cf198bd4c5fbcd04301cf4bd5b67b62dde (resized).jpg32d2c6cf198bd4c5fbcd04301cf4bd5b67b62dde (resized).jpg
#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveSpade73:

Today I replaced the METEOR drop down targets. After I reassembled the housing I noticed that a White wire and an orange wire had come disconnected. I noticed that the M drop down switch was missing its wire. The only problem is that I don't know which one goes there. I do no that the other wire goes someplace else. I have the schematics but I am struggling with them. They was I'm reading it the colors called out do not match.
If I connect either wire the targets come up at the beginning of the game and all the lights in front of them are lit. Hitting the targets drops them but no pints are registered and the lights stay on.
Can someone please try to troubleshoot this.

See if you can grab a picture of exactly how you found it with the two wires disconnected. Then one of us can take a picture of the same area on ours. Also was it working ok before you replaced the targets?

1 month later
#2071 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Recently aquired a very nice Meteor. Looks great next to Galaxy and F2K.
Looking for the fabled Stern unicorn...need a left sided slingshot arm. I know I can replace with a Bally but I'm kinda OCD and wanna try to stay original as possible.
PM me if you have one for sale.

Williams not bally. Just did it on my qs. No noticeable difference in sling power.

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

This is a good side by side that shows how terrible that gold blob around the purple looks.
That playfield looks decent, why go through the hassle of CPRs half assed repro?

Half assed repro? Is there someone else's repro you would prefer or would you prefer this repro wasn't available at all? I'm fairly certain based on my experience there is a certain level of variance in all the original machines that came off the Stern production line. I for one am thankful I have the option to restore an original or obtain a brand new pf for these 40+ year old machines. It appears there are many that feel the same way.

2 weeks later
#2119 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Grabbed some #14 brass washers. Helps with the playfield clearance, but now the set screws don't quite grab the recess on the flipper shaft. Might get stuck someday. Oh well...

the grooves are a problem if you do things that affect the flippers relation to the PF surface (overlays, hard tops, new pf, clearcoat etc) I just get rid of them and use these. the purist wont like it but it solves problems.

A3994-5 $5.10ea -See: http://www.pbresource.com/flippers.htm

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Are the shafts longer than the classic stern ones Pinball Life sells or are they just missing the recess? I can’t tell by the picture.

Shafts are longer too. Gives way more flexibility to get the pawl into the best position. I'll take a picture tomorrow if you want.

#2123 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Fat end of the bat is slightly too fat is the main issue. Can cause flipper hop.

Interesting. I haven't had that and I would definitely notice if I did. Maybe I got lucky but I have 7 sterns in the gameroom, all but one have these bats and all inlanes are like fresh bob sled tracks. I also have an Ali from Koji sitting in a box in my garage with your bell mod. I have not had a chance to open it up and set it up but I saw his video before I bought it. Very cool!

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I also use those, so I busted out the caliper and compared to an original they’re right about 1mm larger. Easy to bend a wireform, if even needed, but I haven't even had to adjust my F2K lane guides. The only game of mine with ball hop issues is Galaxy, and it has the original short-shaft bats on it.
My point about Galaxy is your mileage my vary. These games were hand-built by people 40 years ago. Tolerances will be different for each playfield.

I just tuned up my galaxy and put these bats in it. I did run into a very slight issue with the flipper rummber rubbing on the lane guise but a simple loosend of the lane guide screws, repositioning of the lane guide and re-tightening of the screws solved the problem. it's hella fast. not as fast as meteor due to the lay out but i was pretty pleased with the difference after i rebuilt the pops and tuned up the slings. rocket shots down those inlanes.

20210613_215342 (resized).jpg20210613_215342 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

For the flippers, you need both sets of numbers in the manual for the coils (one pair for each winding...in this case, I think the 34-4500 refers to the hold coil). The lower are J-25-500/34-4500, these are pretty common and available at Pinballlife etc. The top flipper coil is a J-25-600/34-4500 and is a little more difficult to source. When I redid mine, I left the original in place as it still worked. Also, many of these shipped with a 1 ohm 5W resistor in series with the top flipper coil, I replaced with a 1 ohm, 10W. Some may not have had it and you can adjust the EOS switch to lower the power on the top flipper if you think the plastics are in danger.

PBL has the 600 coils. I just got them for my seawitch a week ago. Also spot on with the resistor. my SW had a smorgasbord of wrong coils and the upper left flipper resistor was open so someone bypassed it and put a 500 coil up there to boot. The drop center bank drop targets were just dropping in fear. I moved the working resistor array from the upper right flipper over to the left and put the 600 coil in. Everything is good now.

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

My seawitch has WMS flippers in it now, got it that way.

The assemblies or just the bats?

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

complete assemblies, all 4

Interesting. Old style or wpc style?

#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

You have 4 flippers on your Meteor?

No.

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I peeked inside the witch today to look at the flippers. So 3 of them have original base with WMS cranks, plungers, and bats. One has a WMS base that's like the one s in my HS, so early wms? Sys 11. The funny, or maybe not so funny thing is with the longer bats, the ball flies across the pf and has gotten stuck above the plastic more than once. They also make the game too easy to play. Being it's from the Jersey shore area, I'm thinking this was Barry White's work. It also had the backbox type transformer setup mounted to the floor of the cab in place of the 16B trans.

haha barry white. holy cow. haven't heard that name in a while. I bought a shadow from him that was a total disaster.

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Might be a Sandy victim...

I think my shadow was too. It works now but it was a total bitch and still the sockets are all oxidized and the cabinet has mold spots leftover. The lock bar was my first impression. I'll find it and take a picture but someone basically took a die grinder to it to get rid of rust I'm guessing. I was a total rook at that point and it was 1800 bucks so lesson learned and I have a shadow the actually looks and plays great.

1 week later
#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Talk about pricey....for 15 drop targets in Meteor, it comes out to about $221.00US plus shipping

Wow that's insane. I'm sure he's not gouging but that's tough to swallow even on a full restore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.