IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nocreditdot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

I have a real nice one I need to sell if anyone wants to join the club.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-really-nice-meteor-in-northeast-pa

4 years later
#1333 4 years ago

I’m the one that restored and sold the 2500 meteor. I will tell you I could have sold it 10 times over. So the market is definitely there. I do miss the game. I have another in the waiting to restore. I plan to keep that one. The problem with restoring a meteor is it an awful lot of work for 2500. I do however enjoy bringing these game back to life. So it is worth it in that sense. The value of the classics will continue to rise look at the classic Bally’s. It has already started with the classic Sterns as well. The secret is out.

Mike

Quoted from zacaj:

Idk, were many people looking for $5k centaurs back when it was a sub-$2k game? once the full resto set is available for games the pricing structure changes, both for restored ones and for nice originals

2 months later
#1383 4 years ago

I see the new playfield are listed on cpr. Just ordered mine.

#1386 4 years ago

Yes I was on the preorder list. I have been waiting for this for quite some time!

Quoted from ita47:

Were you on the preorder list and got an email?

1 year later
#1976 3 years ago

does anyone make plastic protectors for meteor? I'm finishing up a restore and would like to keep the new plastic safe.

3 months later
#2134 2 years ago

Finally finished my meteor restore/playfield swap. It went from a wretch to a pretty nice example. Also did the 7 digit conversion.

8203EAB0-B2DE-4622-BA3D-5DB2C9A9B2F3 (resized).jpeg8203EAB0-B2DE-4622-BA3D-5DB2C9A9B2F3 (resized).jpeg
#2138 2 years ago

Thanks. There is also red and blue specs in the powder coat that really don’t show in the picture. This is the first powder coat game that I have restored. When I got the metal back I was worried that it might be to over the top. However once I installed it, I can’t imagine it any other way.

Mike

Quoted from bigguybbr:

I like the speckled powder coating and the red plunger and beehive look great. Nice job

3 weeks later
#2184 2 years ago

I used them both. I put a frosted not crazy bright blue led in the extra socket on each side. I like the look. I used warm white retro leds in the socket next to it and all other GI.

Quoted from Mathazar:

These early CPR Golds are just full of fun little issues. Got the missing score waterslides in for below the METEOR DT bank and I'm not going to worry about the wrong font being used for the "Advance & Score Rocket Value" text in front of the three 3-bank drop targets. Will also likely change to refurbed Chicklet targets instead of the repro's I bought (with the larger tops) to avoid the smaller hole issue for the 333 drop target bank. Now on to the next (last?) "manufacturing blemish"...
So there's an extra hole for second GI lamp socket above each out lane. For anyone who's done a Meteor CPR - did you just go ahead and populate/wire up the extra light or just use one of the two? If you just used one of them, which one did you use?[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
Troxel Repair

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 3.00
$ 169.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nocreditdot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=nocreditdot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.