IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider me-dee-or.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Hey All,
Happy to have just joined the club and have a MET that's acting a little strange. The "O" drop target is not registering consistently. When I am in switch test mode, everything seems fine. All switches work as expected. But when playing a game, the "O" only registers about 50% of the time. In fact, if it's the last drop standing, it never registers and the bank won't reset. Oddly, it seems to work less the later in the sequence that drop is hit. So far, I have not noticed this behavior on any of the other switches.
Any ideas?

I know ! I'm positive of the answer ! It will be THAT switch that needs attention, the letter O leaf switch that opens when the flag goes down. Each letter has one. Or it may the wire all the way back to the board will need to be checked

Prop the playing field up with a broom stick from that big hole in the front of the playing field to the coin box floor so its a bit higher than the normal prop stick that holds up the playing field.

Get a light and eyeball the row of leaf switches that open when the METEOR targets fall and make sure it matches the rest of the switches. Clean or adjust the contacts or trace the circuit. You will see your task at that point.

2 months later
#1529 4 years ago

Imagine if Henry Fonda really would come on the TV and tell us the danger has past. I think it would be appreciated

Couldn't be any more strange than what we are living now

This game theme is a relevant as any nowadays. Unless there is a virus pinball of some sort? Audience?

My Meteor was built in the 1st week of 1980. I found it where it was for sitting for 18 years unused in a sewing room and brought it home... for free ! It has the tournament play sticker on it with the 24/7 number to call

Using the information here. I have it playing just fine. Even the original battery was happily sitting in its place with no damage to the board. Boom, cut that off before I even lifted it from its spot. I keep it stock and can make it sing the high pitched panic sound till my dog starts howling along. Replacing the caps in the sound board does make it sound less coarse.

Oh Henry. Where are you?

5 months later
#1692 3 years ago

I wish you a good journey. These things are fun! I got mine more or less the same way, but that one had some desperate last days of operation, eeesh..

Rock that upper cabinet back and forth a little before you remove it. You will see where you need to glue it and clamp it back together again.

1 month later
#1842 3 years ago

Oh my... Stop. Do not pass go. Get a new, fresh rectum-fryer board. Wire it right. Good solutions start with good beginnings

#1850 3 years ago

This can make your experience more better ! 60 some bucks

rectum board (resized).jpgrectum board (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1890 3 years ago

Good stuff ! Wax it up good and play it like you stole it.

#1895 3 years ago

Meteors , viruses... Hey can't we fix this with some nukes ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 169.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider me-dee-or.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=me-dee-or and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.