IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 8 years ago

Can the lamp sockets in the bonus lights be replaced? I have a few that are flakey but don't see how they can be replaced. If so, does anyone sell the sockets? Or does anyone sell the whole bar with the sockets?

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Not new. Need to daisy chain solder a wire to the outside of all the sockets to make an alternate ground. It is explained in http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Stern_Meteor Go down to lamp sockets.
Tedious, but replacing with all new sockets would be just as bad IMO. Mine are all solidly lit now.

I think I'll try the daisy chain before I replace all those sockets. Thanks for the tip.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Not new. Need to daisy chain solder a wire to the outside of all the sockets to make an alternate ground. It is explained in http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Stern_Meteor Go down to lamp sockets.
Tedious, but replacing with all new sockets would be just as bad IMO. Mine are all solidly lit now.

Just to report back on mine. I soldered a wire to the outside of all the sockets and all the lights are shining bright now. It didn't take very long to do. Thanks for the tip.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I need a little help please...

I picked up a really nice Meteor but one of the plugs for the driver board (J3) was snapped off completely. Can someone send me a pic or two of that plug unattached so I can see the corresponding colors in the correct order they are supposed to be in? I would GREATLY appreciate it!

White wire is at the top. And it looks like my blue wire needs pushed in more.

DSCN2588_(resized).JPGDSCN2588_(resized).JPG

DSCN2587_(resized).JPGDSCN2587_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#197 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Had the issue on my STARS and used a bastard file to grind down the stop to increase the stroke, work great now.

I had that issue on my Stars also. I taped a piece of cardboard from a box to the metal bar that lifts the targets to increase how high they are lifted. Mines works great now as well.

1 year later
#763 6 years ago

I added a small piece of wood like a large popcycle stick to the lift bar using electrical tape to secure it. Works every time now but they don't drop all the way. But it doesn't affect play.

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Got it. All good.

Did you just adjust the reset bar or did you need to do anything else?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kguenther6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=kguenther6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.