IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geokansas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1779 3 years ago

Greetings fellow Meteorites ... I've recently (a little more than 2 months ago) purchased my first game, Meteor. So, I'm in the club by default. And thank god this forum exists!

It was playing just fine when I tested it before we packed it up. When I got it home to set it up, Pfffrrrrttt. Nada. After spending 3 days catching up reading this forum, I found that this pin is subject to problems when being moved. LOL I've been working on it off and on since, without much luck. I replaced a wrecked rectifier board with an Xpin and in the conversion I think I missed the GREEN wire coming from the transformer. After looking at all the photos, I can't really locate where the wire goes from there. If any of you kind owners would please help me trace this down with a photo, I think my problem (might) will clear up.

I blew the F4 coil/solenoid fuse on the XPin. So my suspicions may be just this wire. (Uh, highly doubtful, but hopeful!)

Many thanks in advance! — Geo.

You can see why I replaced this board. Delamination and broken ceramics being the centerpiece of my decision and not to mention the wires being hacked on it as well.
Wrecked Rectitieir board back (resized).jpgWrecked Rectitieir board back (resized).jpgWrecked rectifier front (resized).jpgWrecked rectifier front (resized).jpg

#1780 3 years ago

Here's a more descriptive example of what I found. That brown wire is a jumper from the green coming from the rectifier. Also, will any of these fuses work on by blown F4 XPin replacement? Thanks again!

Also to note: I'm as green as the Jolly Green Giant. I am trying to absorb as much as I can. I use to own a pin back in the '90s. I believe it was called Frontier. I am an artist and have a good understanding of mechanics. Electronics, well, I am severely lacking, but learning. If I can fix this Meteor, perhaps the expedience will help me in the long run with other pins. It's a challenging effort, but I am willing to learn all that I can. Thanks again!

Wrecked rectifier description (resized).jpgWrecked rectifier description (resized).jpg

#1782 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I always keep a copy of the instructions that comes with PBL rectifier board, I have also added a picture of my Meteor rectifier board cabling. The info should be in the manual as well but let me know if you need more info:

Thanks for the great info hisokajp and I will definitely reference this. I am sure it will help me in tracing down the correct config. What I really need is a photo of the green? wire that is secured to the base transformer (front left side) and what that wire is connected to. I think I forgot to do this and why my Meteor is on the fritz. Thank you kindly for your response.

#1785 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

The green wire coming out of connector J3-1 you mean? Those are playfield wires, looking at the Manual/Schematics
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1580/Stern_1979_Meteor_Manual.pdf
Page 35, It says General Illumination return for your backbox, i doubt that would be the issue.
Are you getting the 120VAC to the rectifier board? On J2-6 and 7? Any power on the testing point? Did you check the F6 on the rectifier board which is your incoming power?

hisokajp forgive me. Maybe I am not making myself clear here. I am not referencing the rectifier at all in this case. My post was just to show how bad my rectifier was before I changed it over to the XPin.

I really just want to know where the bottom wire bolted on the TRANSFORMER's left front post is connected to. When I took both the rectifier and the transformer out to repin my connectors I must of misplaced this wire and forgotten where it goes. I know there is a wire coming from the bottom left screw lug on the transformer. I just don't know where or what it connects to between the rectifier and the transformer. I think it goes to a cluster of other wires that are strewed to the board somewhere in that area. Thank you for your reply. Any photos showing this specific area would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I appreciate the link!

#1794 3 years ago

Hey all,

I'm still working on my Meteor. After fixing some other issues I found a loose wire under the METEOR drop target assembly on the left side. I'm kinda unsure where this came loose from. If anyone can help lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. You can see by the photo that the wire's memory is somewhat near, but I haven't a clue to what. I don't believe whoever soldered this must of been in a hurry.

If someone could take a peek under their pin I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Geo.

Meteor drop target wire (resized).jpgMeteor drop target wire (resized).jpg
#1799 3 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Yes, that white-yellow wire connects to where you're pointing (connection to the common bare wire across all the METEOR drop targets)

Thank you kindly @quench. I had a sense of that's where it wen't. Your affirmation and diagram helped. Not very good at reading schematics at this time, but getting there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 169.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geokansas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=geokansas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.