IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

I converted mine to seven digits years ago, thanks to an extra wire and a Shabow custom rom. Great upgrade and highly recommended, whichever method you choose.

I see you have the hooded drops in the Meteor bank. Replacement drops with hoods, hot stamped or with decal, are readily available. The tombstone variety, like those in your number banks, are NLA and must be sought out in the used market. The tombstones drop better, in my experience.

FWIW, the original drops had decals, not hot stamped. Action Pinball sells replacement decals for Meteor drops and the spinner, but I am not impressed with the resolution. They aren't bad, they aren't good. They're simply OK, in my opinion. I need to make own one of these days. I have the Meteor spinner art on file and made my own sticker for that.

And, in case you missed this information, the Pinball Pimp now sells Meteor cabinet stencils.

Enjoy your Meteor.

#10 8 years ago

One other note that has been mentioned elsewhere, but should be added to the club thread...

Stu has completed the art work for Meteor. There is no timetable that I am aware of for adding it to the CPR reproduction schedule, but the fact that the artwork has been completed is reason to hope for new PFs some year in the future. As I recall, he had another artist working on the BG and plastics, but that art work has not been completed, but I could be wrong.

#18 8 years ago

I had to make my Galaxy tougher. Doing so stopped the easy rollovers cold; however, I like the seven digit scoring on Meteor. There's a difference between it and Galaxy, as far as evoking a desire within me to make it harder, but I can't put my finger on it.

#19 8 years ago

Meteor has a fun spinner shot. If I remember correctly, Scott Charles tweaked the performance of his spinner until he was getting 100k for a single rip through (don't quote me on that number, but his results were impressive). How tuned is your spinner? The best I've noticed on mine is 81k; time for a tune up?

6 years later
#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In case you can't see the echos of the text, the one on the left is from the "3" rocket, and the one on right is the "M" target. They are identical, except for the long lead-catch on the "M".

Here is my hoard, taken from two separate games. The other nine DTs (1,2,3) currently in the game are the same, all with the "long lead-catch".
Meteor Drops (resized).jpgMeteor Drops (resized).jpg

#2216 2 years ago

A bit hard to see accurately in the attached photos, but here are my data points: The bracket, measured with the ruler butting up against the back wall, is located 4.5" to 8.25" away from the wall. With the ruler butting up against the top of the bracket where it attaches to the wall (in the middle of the bracket), it is 3.25" down from the top edge of the wood cabinet. Hopefully the pictures clarify what I'm trying to state here.
Meteor bracket 2 (resized).jpgMeteor bracket 2 (resized).jpgMeteor brackets 1 (resized).jpgMeteor brackets 1 (resized).jpg

#2217 2 years ago

Sorry I couldn't get the screw hole distance for you; I needed another set of hands for that. That said, you should be fine with the measurements I gave you. We all know these cabs were built with ultimate precision and longevity in mind .

3 months later
#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

This is an early run of the CPR playfield with the missing DT scores

JFC. Sorry, I have a PF from the same run and am just as excited as can be to find out this additional problem might be in my future as well. Missing scores, missing small details, slot cut too small, clear has ripples, and now this. Worst PF ever. Regardless, thank you for bringing this possibility to my attention and best of luck with finding the best solution for you.

8 months later
#2573 1 year ago

As mentioned, a software update and some wire gets the job done. I'll just add that it is well worth the effort on a game like Meteor. Scott Charles (seymour.shabow) burned the rom for me many years ago (pre-Pinside) so I have lost track of the program's location on the internet.

#2576 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

I no longer have extra ROM chips to do this but the software is now at http://tsqmadness.com/slochar/

And now I've learned that slochar is seymour.shabow. I mention this only because you helped me quite a bit in the RGP days when I was starting out, and I'm delighted to learn that you are still here. Anyways, thanks for all the help when I first got into the hobby.

9 months later
#2720 11 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I noticed they are a different style than the 1 2 and 3 drops in my game. Are the “METEOR” targets supposed to be the same style as the other drops in the game?

My Meteor came with only one type, the non-hooded drop target. I believe the hooded variety were either A)replacement drop targets, or B)a late-in-the-run style change in the M-E-T-E-O-R production process. One of the experts with better memory will correct me, if wrong. That said, the hoodless OG style work better than the old replacements. Swinks (or some else) now makes a repro of the hoodless drop that is a more accurate (better) replacement than the hooded variety you have.

#2721 11 months ago

Your green roll over insert is probably a replacement, too. That's red on every Meteor I've seen.

#2724 11 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Strange that this style drop doesn’t seem to be reproduced much.

They have been reproduced recently, to good effect. I just can't remember the source, at the moment. My brain is old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Boards
Troxel Repair

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evets.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=evets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.