IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caffeineslug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#851 5 years ago

Looking for advice regarding my 6-target bank. Three of the targets (TEO) do not get dropped during the solenoid test. Coil resistance is all in spec, and they all pulse during the test, so I suspect it's something mechanical. I've cleaned the targets and the fingers they sit on in the raised position. Anything else I might want to check?

1 week later
#857 5 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Looking for advice regarding my 6-target bank. Three of the targets (TEO) do not get dropped during the solenoid test. Coil resistance is all in spec, and they all pulse during the test, so I suspect it's something mechanical. I've cleaned the targets and the fingers they sit on in the raised position. Anything else I might want to check?

Fixed the problem. Polished up the metal bar that the plates sit on, and that let one more target work. Added a piece of electrical tape to the metal plates where they contact the bar, and that fixed the other two. All working now!

4 months later
#932 5 years ago

Having problems with my lower flippers never staying completely in the down position. Releasing the flipper button, the flipper returns, bounces briefly at the bottom, then stops a little above the alignment post. Occasionally it will stop as much as 3/8" or so up. It's causing a lot of problems with dead bounces and center post passes.

I'm using the new complete flipper assemblies from pinballlife (which are not on the site anymore?) and new flipper shoe and shaft assemblies from them as well. It seems like a stronger flipper return spring could fix this, but how do I find one that's stiffer? I don't see many springs out there, and none have published rates. Is there a better solution?

#934 5 years ago

I think I've tried all the gaps. When I gap the flipper bat up a bit, it just falls back down when I lower the playfield.

2 months later
#1003 5 years ago

The thing I had a hard time figuring out when piecing mine together was where the short vs tall posts go. There are shopout images in the gallery here, but it's still hard to tell.

#1005 5 years ago

Mine came with 15 short vs your 18. It's hard to know what's actually factory config!

1 month later
#1062 5 years ago

I soldered the sockets to the rails, and that fixed several of my lamp issues. I used a fiberglass pen to scratch up the spots, then some flux, and set my soldering iron to the highest setting. For the remaining problem lamps, I soldered the controlled wire directly to the tip of the socket, and that fixed the rest. No problems after that.

2 years later
#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Yep, the kits don't seem to have the switches necessary for anything double stacked, so I figured I'd be constructing my own switch stacks regardless. Seems Marco has the plunger and link, plus left pawl.. But not the right pawl. Lol.
Pbl appears to have just the kit. Pbr of course lists it all but it's almost all unavailable.

// Edit
I stand corrected:
https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-plunger-link-and-crank-assembly-left.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-plunger-link-and-crank-assembly-right.html
I just wasn't finding it the way I was trying to search it up.

Unless the threads for the screws are messed up, the pawls don't really wear at all, you can just get new plungers and links.
https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-plunger-link-assembly.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caffeineslug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=caffeineslug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.