IMG_4179 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4174 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpeg
20231230_105158 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #547 LED info. Posted by Gryphun (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#888 5 years ago

With CPR's announcement of their changing business model people are throwing up ideas for all sorts of brand new products for CPR to manufacture. I am asking CPR to manufacture Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor. If you would order a Quicksilver, Nine Ball or Meteor playfield(s) from CPR mention it in the attached forum. See my post 275.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-cpr-begins-its-new-business-model/page/6#post-4490140
If CPR won't commit to making Quicksilver, Nine Ball and Meteor playfields we could ask Mirco, but a CPR would probably run $700 and Mirco playfields are $1,000.

1 week later
#903 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Wow, nice find!!
(I'll give you $550!)

Get in line! Locals get first dibs

2 weeks later
#906 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Thanks for the help here. Got her up and running and playing beautifully.
I'm guessing this is like finding a unicorn but does anyone know a source for repro backglass that are available anywhere? I was considering doing the restore route through bgresto but I would rather just get one in really nice shape or a repro.

Mayfair Amusements stocks 1000s of used backglasses. Bgresto is the only one making repro Meteor backglasses. Pinsider Racingpin has a Meteor backglass last time we talked. Also try Pinsiders too-many-pins and ibuypinballs as they have a lot of used backglasses.

If the above leads don’t work try posting in these Facebook groups:

Pinball Machines and Parts Wanted
Pinball And Arcades <Parts only>

#908 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

For the record, I believe that BGResto's does NOT include any mirroring, however. (Something to keep in mind, at least.)

You are correct in that they don’t offer mirroring. Look at the Stern Nugent backglass comparison, nos vs. repro on their site

Cpr may make a Meteor backglass one day, but they have a lot going on right now, and the Meteor playfield has been in their boutique zone for several years. I don’t know how motivated they will be to make a backglass

Shay Arcade Group started making backglasses for some 80s games in recent months and has more in the pipeline; EBD, Fathom, Black Hole, Etc. If someone asks him to he may be willing to start making Meteor backglasses. He uses the same silk screening and mirroring techniques used by pinball manufacturers in the 70s and 80s.

#911 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4524206"
Odd. I contacted BGresto about this very topic via email and they did not respond and it has been a few days I think.

Bgresto is a side business for him and he has a 100% travel day job. He only responds when he’s home, usually on the weekends.

#913 5 years ago

Meteor backglass spotted in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67434

1 month later
#941 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Does anyone happen to have good pictures of the neck attached to the meteor cabinet? The head on mine seemed like it was tilted forward and I think it was replaced. Mine is a rectangle the same height on all for sides. If I'm not mistaken it should be taller in the front and the sides angled. I'd like to confirm that and the correct measurements.
Does anyone reproduce that neck section for the old Stern games? If not I know someone who does wood working and could make one with the proper measurements.

Ask cottonm4 as he's made several necks for his classic Sterns

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

3 ball. The ball is hard to drain with the outhole posts and the center post. I think i'm going to pull out my outlane posts to make games more of a challenge.

Just remove the outlane rubber. It’ll have same effect and if you remove the post you’ll start getting playfield wear where the post was

1 week later
#949 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Repro backglass with mirror.....happy days!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice. Who did you buy it from? Is that silver mirroring or gray?

#956 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Where would the extra wear show up? would it be on the playfield or on the side rail?

On the playfield where the post is currently located, the size of the post rubber. With the post gone the bottom of the ball travels all the way up to the plastic, running over the location of the post. By removing the rubber the bottom of the ball travels closer to the bottom of the post but there’s still a buffer

#963 5 years ago

I set up the PinGuy phone app. It not only gives you the pitch in degrees but also tells you if it is balanced left to right. Aim for 6 degrees pitch, adjust to 6-1/2 degrees if needed

#967 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

That might be worth looking into. I'm not sure if my phone is "smart" enough. Do you just lay the phone on the playfield?

First time that you use it it’ll tell you to place it on the floor to calibrate it. Then take off the playfield glass and place the phone on the center of the playfield. It’ll show you if you’re too high on one side and the pitch

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Assuming your floor is level... Not a single thing in my house is

The phone accepts your floor as level when it goes through the calibration process. That reading establishes that your floor is level and measures the pitch and side to side angle of the game vs the floor.

An analogy is that it’s like placing an empty bin on a digital scale and pressing the tare button. The scale considers the empty bin as weighing nothing and registers zero weight. Place something in the bin on top of the scale and it only weighs the items inside the bin, not the bin itself.

1 month later
#990 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Any idea why CPR doesn't have anything for Meteor (plastics, bg, playfield?) Have they ever done any of them? I thought the new model was to be able to reproduce their catalog on demand, but maybe everything's not up yet.

Cpr has had Meteor in their Boutique zone for several years, waiting for enough people to preorder to make a run. I don’t think anyone has ever made a backglass. Several people have asked Mirco to make a Meteor playfield. I’ll find the forum for you later today.

You can order plastics, drop target/spinner decals and apron decals from Lee at Pinball Rescue. He makes excellent products.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Meteor.html

#995 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Any idea why CPR doesn't have anything for Meteor (plastics, bg, playfield?) Have they ever done any of them? I thought the new model was to be able to reproduce their catalog on demand, but maybe everything's not up yet.

westofrome Post in this forum that you would like a Meteor playfield:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-about-to-present-3-new-product-categories-at-expo

#996 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I was supposed to send him a playfield for repro, but it turns out the spare I have has too many issues.

I have a nice Meteor folded up in storage. I'll set it up in the next week, clean the playfield and send some pictures to Mirco to see if he can use my playfield.

1 week later
#1019 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

any of you had the problem that when the ball is pushed out to the plunger that it gets stuck and needs a bit of a nudge?
Neil

That usually means that the incline isn't steep enough. Try using the pinguy app, placing the phone in the center of the playfield (with the glass off). It should be 6-6.5 degrees.

1 month later
#1072 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Ok, so how do you gap the EOS switch on the upper flipper in order to weaken the output so you're not smashing the ball into the METEOR targets at such close range??

Are you using a J-25-600/34-4500 coil for the upper flipper? The lower flippers use a J-25-500/34-4500. My limited understanding of electronics is that the 500 refers to how many times the wire is wrapped around the coil. The longer the winding the weaker the flipper strength. The 600 coil is used for the upper flipper to make it weaker, so that it won't break the meteor drop targets. Does your coil have two diodes attached?

3 weeks later
#1089 5 years ago

Cpr just added Meteor backglasses to their inventory. $269
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/meteor-glass/

#1091 5 years ago
Quoted from semicolin:

Thanks, but you're a real jerk for telling us this. Going to have to live on oatmeal for the next month. Worth it though.

Your torture is my pleasure

1 month later
#1130 5 years ago

Create a water slide decal and then clear over it

1 month later
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,to everyone,new owner here,was needing the decals on the drop targets&gt;The ones that spell " meteor" does anyone know who sells these??Thanks,great pin!!

Docs pinball shop does. That’s Pinsider tractordoc
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1169-doc-s-pinball-shop/02129-stern-meteor-drop-target-decals

3 months later
#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

My Meteor is suddenly handing out free balls like they're going out of style. I can't seem to figure out what's triggering it. It's pure insanity.

Trough switch issue?

6 months later
#1534 4 years ago

I haven't heard of any issues with people using the nvram-weebly mpus, in fact The Sanctum only uses nvram-weebly mpus in their classic Sterns on location and I haven't heard of them having any issues with the boards. Alltek MPUs are $199 plus S&H, and Nvram-weebly are $153 plus S&H ($7 within US).

Whridlsoncestood

5 months later
#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

My Meteor actually has a Silverball Mania spinner on it....which leads me to believe that Classic Bally and Classic Sterns may share more than just a board set.

Most operators robbed parts off of one pin to get another one working again. Also a collector could have done the same thing. A seriously doubt Stern was using Bally parts on the production line.*

*except when they reverse engineered the Bally boards, were sued by Bally, and settled out of court.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Both locks drilled. Man those barrel locks are a booger. GI on and the board Led came on for a second and then went out. Reseated the connectors and it stays on. Took some pics of the board. Luckily, in my quick overview I didn’t see any batteries anywhere. So who knows.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The battery is the white tube on the bottom of the mpu200 board. It’s a rechargeable battery that will eventually leak. You should cut it off and add an nvram.

#1716 3 years ago

What's the opinion on the nvram-weebly rectifier board? It's only $55 (fully assembled) delivered in US. Also available as a kit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1055-nvramweeblycom/01123--new-bally-stern-rectifier-board-as-2518-18-ta-100

1 week later
#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Ok, I checked the switch on the outhole. It opens once the ball is sent to the shooter lane - But, I am still getting "phantom scoring" and sounds with the ball simply sitting in the shooter lane.......................
Am I correct thinking that something is crossed somewhere, or something is shorting against something metallic beneath the playfield somewhere in the wiring?
Before I hit the start button, the machine is quiet, and the attract lights are on, but once I hit the start button, the thing goes wacky!!!
Thanks again for any tips,
Nate

The phantom scorn ring is most likely one of the rollover stars pushing against the switch. Use a leaf adjuster tool and make any needed adjustments.

#1749 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Phantom scorn ring......man, that sounds evil.

Sounds like a bad metal band song.

3 months later
#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from juan1982:

Hello friends, I'm Juan from Chile, I just found a meteor pinball but the playfield is very damaged, someone out there knows where I can find a file to print an overlay and the plastics and decals since I searched on the internet and not been able to find, sorry if I commit any fault to the rules and sorry for my English, have a translator
help me please
Cheers
[quoted image]

I suggest asking Susana Margot if she has a Meteor playfield. She lives in Argentina, sells a lot of pinball parts, and earlier this year she had several classic Stern playfields. Some were nos and some were used.
https://www.facebook.com/VentadePinball

Cpr recently made reproduction Meteor playfields. Ask them if they plan to make them again soon. Cpr also sells Meteor playfield plastics.
https://classicplayfields.com/

You can buy a stencil kit from Pinball Pimp and repaint the cabinet.
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/

2 weeks later
#1911 3 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Need to find source for coil sleeve for
big coil on the six drop bank . Emailed
Pinball life but.they don't carry it. Saw
a ton of them on Marcos site but not sure the exact
one to get. Looking for plastic.replacement. Thx

Have you tried pinball Resource? Good selection of parts and charges exact postage, not some minimum $8.95 s&h.

2 months later
#2001 3 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. I think we/I just reversed the orange and blue leads...twice...and smoked both of his coils. Doh. That's a $14 mistake (his original coil was getting HOT--I think some wires were arcing, so no real loss there tbh) I'll hopefully only make once.
The switches on his Meteor (my old Meteor) look absolutely hammered. Is there any option other than spending nearly $80 on a rebuild kit? I think he already bought the coil stops for all 3 flippers, so if I could just replace the plunger assemblies and maybe the switches that would probably be okay for now. I assume Williams switches would still be viewed as superior (per Vid), although I'll have to construct something to replicate the setup for the lower right flipper.
He bought a CPR gold playfield that we're having clearcoated and this will eventually get swapped..but not right away. I'm sure he'd rather go silly with all new *everything* when that happens rather than now, followed by that uncomfortable "do I do this again NOW..?" situation when the swap happens.

You can buy individual flipper assembly parts from Pinball Resource.

4 months later
#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thanks! ill continue to tweak it and see if I can get better results.
Sawyer, Marco Pinball has a lot of Meteor parts.

Like the drop targets that they buy from Pinball Resource for $60 and resell for $85. And the pop bumper caps they buy from PBR for $6 and sell for $9. Always pays to look around as Marcos is almost always more expensive than PBR or PBL. That said, Marcos carries items that the other two don’t.

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Yeah, I got parts from all over. I found the spinner decals at Auction pinball.

TractorDoc makes classic Stern decals

2 months later
#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Nice I'm missing that in my backbox.
I've got some of my old signage in mine. Would it look bad to add the ones I'm missing or would that look too different.
Guess I could try and patina the sheets/labels I'm missing

Just print all new sheets?

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

So I fire up game to do some more tweaking. All my control lamps are flickering which they haven't done since I applied power a week ago.
I've had an alltek light board in since power up.
Anything anybody could point to for me to check.
Went out with wife for some margaritas for a bit.
Thx.

Were the lights flickering before the margaritas...or after?

2 weeks later
#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

So who did the artwork for the reproduction? Have them send me the files and I will improve them and make a new and improved reproduction.

CPR

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Who is Fantastic Pinball and what are they remaking for Meteor (playfields, hardtops, overlays)?

He’s already made Seawitch and Star Gazer playfields. Read here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-production-seawitch-playfields#post-6575716

3 weeks later
#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Decided to get the Marco flat top drop targets out of the METEOR bank in favor of the Swinks 3D printed tombstones today. A few of the Swinks had intermittent drop issues (i.e. they'd drop on their own immediately after a reset) while the Marco's did not. I noticed that the drops, in their down position, were all crooked (as they were on the Marco's targets as well) except for two of them where I put in new springs and those two DID NOT have the intermittent drop issue. Those two were nice, tight, and close to the coil fingers. Hmm. So I put in new springs for all of the targets....now they're all straight, and none of them have intermittent drop issues anymore.
Note to self: when cleaning/rebuilding drop target banks, always go ahead and "spring" for new springs even if they'd been working previously.[quoted image][quoted image]

One think to note is that PBR makes drop targets in house. Marcos buys their drop targets from PBR at list price then marks them up. It’s cheaper to order directly from PBR.

9 months later
#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Beautiful. I read almost the entire thread on the new code and saw your game throughout.

They sell lots of backglasses and backglass printed films to adhere to backglasses. You can buy a complete backglass or just buy the printed film, strip your old glass ink and apply the film.

2 months later
#2663 1 year ago

I don't even bother running batteries on my games with the new code (galaxy, meteor) since the arduino handles memory features. Just another thought to kick around. The new code is awesome.

Or use an nvram 5101 chip.

1 year later
1 month later
#2925 48 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Hey quick question I’m having an issue.
I have a weebly MPU, no 2021 code or anything like that yet. I’ve tried several different dip switch options for meteor game selection, and I have dip switch 7 (I think factory 5-3 ball dip) set to 3 ball, but it keeps doing 5. What am I missing? I have a weebly in my galaxy and it changed over just fine. Have a tournament tomorrow and trying to get every game back on 3 ball. Thanks.

Try clearing the audits using the coin door buttons.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bluespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/meteor-club-we-will-let-you-know-when-the-danger-is-past?tu=bluespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.